Yvresse and cothique regional troops?

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Nightwing

Yvresse and cothique regional troops?

#1 Post by Nightwing »

What would your suggestions be for regional troops from yvresse and cothique?

IMHO, the sky cutter was begging to be from cothique, and lothern already have two units in the sea guard and eagle claw. If I was designing a unit from scratch it would have to be sea based. Maybe some sort of monstrous infantry sea / storm elemental. With an elf handler / storm mage sorta thing.

As for yvresse I have no idea, their fluff hasn't been expanded much apart from groms invasion. So I don't get what the theme of yvresse is. Any ideas?
siovim

Re: Yvresse and cothique regional troops?

#2 Post by siovim »

A while back i saw a unit from cothique.

They where marines with heavy armour (i think), shields, hand weapons and javelins.

Can't remember the rules for them, but they where cothiquan marines, and they excelled at putting down monsters. Their home waters are after all one of the most monsterinfested in the world. Hope it helps :)
Antheron

Re: Yvresse and cothique regional troops?

#3 Post by Antheron »

Forgeworld have rules for the Merwyrm, so Sea Dragons would obviously be an option from that.

Sea Eagles seem a go-to, nesting in the cliffs. Perhaps a vast Sea Eagle species that hunts the monstrous fish in the waters off Cothique's coast, using the griffon rules.

Spearmen using harpoons instead of spears, tiranoc chariots and reavers are in as they'd patrol the coasts.

I actually think you could use the Dark Elf army list, but with Cothique models and get a great balance to the army. Fast cav and chariots patrolling the coasts, corsairs as "marines", sea monsters etc....could work very well. You could also have that massive sea eagle as a manticore and smaller eagles as harpies.