Handmaiden lord ?

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Hama2

Handmaiden lord ?

#1 Post by Hama2 »

Hey all,

I recently started playing warhammer again (coudn't resist the new book) and I'm quite liking the new book. Especialy the handmaiden in a regiment of maidenguard have saved my day more then once. Since the people I play with are open to suggestions i was wondering what a Handmaiden would look like if it was a lord choice instead of a hero. So i could field it with more interesting items and even as my general. I would like to hear your suggestions how the Handmaiden would be as a Lord choice.
Loriel

Re: Handmaiden lord ?

#2 Post by Loriel »

Interesting idea.

I looked the Fluff in armybook 8th page 49 and one thing that would be nice to have some effect that reflects these few fluff descriptions:

Sister fluff:
"against charging knights, rampaging daemons, or an entire coterie of Khainite Assassins with crueld murder in their hearts, the warrior-maids stand their ground"

handmaiden fluff:
"Even the haughtiest of princes rejoices to have such a warrior fighting in his cause, for the presence of a Handmaiden is a clear sign of the Everqueen's favour, and moreover a portent of ultimate victory"

She should be one of the greatest marksman at least in Helf arsenal, (perhaps not the best in all) and she should reflect something as a boost of morale for other troops. some ideas to reflect this could be:

- reroll to hit shooting
- Flawless Bow of Avelorn (perhaps something like, 5 str? with ap vs destro, flaming, magical, multiple wounds (d3) )
- Sniper
- Build in Horn of Isha (allthough horns fluff suggest that Allarielle will attend the battlefield herself. But that can be "overwritten")
- Banner of avelorn / bsb + general (similar to slann, again fluff suggest that allarielle must be present)
- Boon of Isha (magical attacks, immune to fear and terror, would reflect both fluffs above)
- quicksilver shot for everybody
- forces a unit of sisters to enter battlefield (similar to grimgor ironhide in O&G)
- Another Inspiring presence from her as well from other lord choice
- unit causes more easily panic with shooting?...
- better save for sisters. perhaps ward for them or something like this.
- Some bodyguard rule for Allarielle (similar to Tomb Kings heralds bodyguard) or some extra LoS or anything like that, it is very sad that current hand maiden doesn't have any synergy other than horn of isha with allarielle. there should be some synergy for them to be near each other.
High Elves since Aug 2010: Tot /W / L / D - 100 / 75 / 23 / 2
Tomb Kings since Sep 2013:Tot / W / L / D - 31 / 18 / 12 / 1

Chronicles of Loriel's Glory and Shame
daid13

#3 Post by daid13 »

What about ranged killing blow if that doesn't step on the way watchers toes too much?
Mech87

#4 Post by Mech87 »

Loriel wrote: - Flawless Bow of Avelorn (perhaps something like, 5 str? with ap vs destro, flaming, magical, multiple wounds (d3) )
- Sniper
- forces a unit of sisters to enter battlefield (similar to grimgor ironhide in O&G)
The three suggestions i like. :)

Aditionaly let all friendly bs shooting within 12 of her reroll 1's to hit or something like that to give some synergy.

She should have the same statline as the hero except +1 wound, attack and initiative ofcourse. Cause of the reroll 1 to hit rule i don't think she should get higher bs.
Hama2

#5 Post by Hama2 »

I have been thinking about something like this as well and i was working on something like:
210 pts
m 5
ws 6
bs 7
s 4
t 3
w 3
i 8
a 4
ld 10
Equipment: Spear, Light Armour, Enchanted bow of Avelorn(24'', S as user +1, Multiple shots(user A), magic attacks, ap against destruction)
Special rules: ASF, Martial prowess, Stubborn, Sniper, Quicksilver shot

option: 100 pts magic items
option: magic lvls(max 2) 35pts/per level. lore of light, life, beasts, high. +1 to cast on caster and unit she is in per magic level

Sign of victory: Army can use LD within 18''. She and unit may re-roll (or immune to) fear, terror, panic tests

With the bow i used as user stats so you can customize it with +a or +S weapons (like blade of leaping gold). Something elves need and something that goes well with her fluff is a simple rule like stubborn. Although i think the 18'' leadership is a bit overkill and not that fluff like.
Cold Phoenix

#6 Post by Cold Phoenix »

I have been thinking about something like this as well and i was working on something like:
210 pts
m 5
ws 6
bs 7
s 4
t 3
w 3
i 8
a 4
ld 10
Equipment: Spear, Light Armour, Enchanted bow of Avelorn(24'', S as user +1, Multiple shots(user A), magic attacks, ap against destruction)
Special rules: ASF, Martial prowess, Stubborn, Sniper, Quicksilver shot
I'd reduce the attacks to 3 (because the Annointed has only 3 attacks) and perhaps change stubborn to something else, but I like the rest of it.