Fire and Ice

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Lorinel

Fire and Ice

#1 Post by Lorinel »

Many people, myself including were disappointed by the lack of real dragon princes of Caledor. Actually GW kind of gave us that opportunity. With just a little effort we can field 3-4 dragons. We just have to change the fluff, also we'll have to use the stats as combined profile of the monster and the rider. So, without further ado here're your dragons:

Frostheart Dragon
Stats: the same as the frost phoenix
SPECIAL RULES: Masters of the Sky, Fly, Large Target, Terror, Natural Armor, Echoing Roar (-1S)

Fireborn Dragon
Stats: the same as the fire phoenix
SPECIAL RULES: Masters of the Sky, Fly, Large Target, Terror, Fireborn, Flaming Attacks, Dragon's Will, Wake of Fire

Masters of the Sky: Grants a 5+ ward save. In addition, check the highest d6 rolled in the magic phase in order to see whether the weather will help you.

D6 Result
1. Dragon-lagged.
2. I just woke up.
3. Lightning Speed.
4. Time to play.
5. I'm awake now.
6. Caledor favours the reckless.

Dragon's Will: Dragons are masters of the sky. They're huge and can withstand almost everything. Although they're not immortal. But even when they're mortally wounded, while fighting for their life and the life of their master Fireborn dragons are still determined to continue the battle. If for some reason the Fireborn dragon is brought down to the ground it will try to land as safely as it could trying not to harm his master. If the master is hurt, it will stay above his body breathing fire at everything that moves. Such is the bond between a dragon and his master.

D6 Result
1-2. It's a good day to die.
3-5. Protect Your Master.
6+ Rise Again!

Dragon's Pride: Dragons are amongst the oldest of all living creatures. They've witnessed many things including the progress that magic wielders have made. Such is the pride of the dragons that they never felt the need of any magic. (Fireborn and Frostheart dragons are not affected by the Banner of the World Dragon and other items targeting them as dragons)

Well, that was my idea. I might try it when I have the money for 3 dragon kits. Just make sure that your dragons can be distinguished on the table.

P.S. I hope everything is ok with the rules. I hope I didn't break any forum rules.
Last edited by Lorinel on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

Re: Fire and Ice

#2 Post by Ferny »

Looks very pro :)
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
lordoftheshadows

#3 Post by lordoftheshadows »

This is a very cool idea if we wanted to play a Caledor based army. Also it means No more snowflake phoenixi.
I can imagine an Anointed on a "Dragon" charging down an enemies line, followed by two other "dragons" killing the others.
I think you should include in your post that they aren't affected by the Banner of the World Dragon. This could be because they have spent time in the Annuli mountains they have become so much in tune with magic that they are unaffected by passive effects.
Words to live by:
Live for ever or die in the attempt.

The motto of my master (Zaros) may he rest in peace.
Proud member of the Mage Knight Guild.
[url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32214[/url]
The Prince of Death
Aethyr

#4 Post by Aethyr »

Couldn't agree more.
[i]The Dwarf begged the Dice Gods for Insane Courage on his re-rollable Break Test, failed to achieve it, and the Dice Gods mocked him horribly by giving him Double 1s for his flee distance immediately after. My White Lions promptly ran the Warriors down.[/i]
[b]Lord Tethlis' account of slaying fowl Dawi.[/b]
Lorinel

#5 Post by Lorinel »

Thanks for pointing the banner thing. I added a new rule "Dragon's Pride" in order to fix that.