Khaine's sword.

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Galois

Khaine's sword.

#1 Post by Galois »

I wonder if Tyrion is the right one to wield that sword. When we lived the storm of Chaos Campaign I really thought he was going to lift it, but more perils are coming to the world and I don't doubt that in a couple of years, games workshop is going to force him to lift it.

Will he be able to yield that power? Yes, Tyrion rules.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: Khaine's sword.

#2 Post by Elithmar »

He won't use it unless it is the only option - even some people disagreed when Aenarion decided to use it. It kills the bearer, doesn't it?
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Dalamar

#3 Post by Dalamar »

Sword of Khaine possessed the bearer, basically slowly taking over their mind until nothing but bloodshed remains in their thoughts. Aenarion was a special case because he was also the chosen of Asuryan and his influence allowed Aenarion to steer this bloodthirst towards the enemies of the Elves instead of the nearest living thing that could potentially bleed.

If Tyrion were to draw the sword, he would become even more powerful of a fighter than he already is, until he was consumed by madness and forced to be put down, perhaps by Teclis' magic?
Shadow star

#4 Post by Shadow star »

It does sound like something from the black library. But for now I think Tyrion is better off remaining alive for all the asurs sake to save Ulthuan and ,given the chance, the world.
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
XyonBlade

#5 Post by XyonBlade »

I wonder what happens when someone who has all ready been cursed through lineage by khain's sword also picks up the sword, their lineage couldn't really be double cursed? You know you'd like to see Teclis pick up the sword instead of Tyrion, drink his potions of hulk-smash and ride into battle on the king of the great eagles.
Atlantic

#6 Post by Atlantic »

I think he is going to pick up the sword one of these days.

Of course after he becomes Phoenix King and sires a few children on the Everqueen. Does this story sound familiar?

Just substitute Aenarion for Tyrion and Caledor for Teclis.

I think that is how it all ends for the elfs. Glorious last battle against chaos and thus ends the 3rd age of Middle Earth, etc.
Check out my blog!
http://redcrusaderbattlereports.wordpress.com/

[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/22.jpg[/img][/url]
Son of Nagarythe

#7 Post by Son of Nagarythe »

And then finally Malekith can reclaim Ulthuan and make the Elves a dominating force in the world again!

D...
Amendil

#8 Post by Amendil »

Son of Nagarythe wrote:And then finally Malekith can reclaim Ulthuan and make the Elves a dominating force in the world again!

D...

...wat? [-X all we need is to make a second vortex somewhere in the old world and then no one has to draw the sword. If the elves are to die ultimately, I would have tyrion draw the sword, end the dark elves to a man, and take half of the remaining elves to the northern wastes and set up outposts to safeguard the earth until they all die off. Oh, and as tyrion realizes he is being possessed, he travels alone to the great northern wastes, taking the sword with him. Right before he dies, he has his dragon (hehe) fly it back to the black alter
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#9 Post by Domine Nox »

I would disagree agree with much of this. Aenarion was a desperate man who was put in a losing situation that felt the weight of the world was on his shoulders. He felt in his heart that it was up to him to save the Elves from Chaos, but even then he didn't pick up the Sword of Khaine. Only when Chaos took his family from him did he finally snap and decide that all was lost and that his life was meaningless. It was the act of a man that felt he was already dead, who had known only war, that drove him to grab the sword to make the enemy hurt as much as he did. While Caledor was a calm voice of reason, understanding and logic that tried to vie for a better way than war: the Vortex.

Put this into perspective of now with Tyrion and Teclis. Tyrion is not a desperate man. Tyrion is a hero in the most cliche sense of the word. He doesn't know how to lose. Without his armor, weapons, or anything he would fight on against the entire armies of the Dark Elves and Chaos. I do not believe anything would drive Tyrion to touch the Sword of Khaine, because such an act is a move of loss and desperation, and Tyrion would never reach that. He is the guy that would go out swinging against greater daemons willing himself to win.

Teclis on the other hand is the dark one. While he is altruistic and maintains faith in the world, he is the one with the shadow in his soul. If anyone would be driven to desperate measures it would be Teclis, but then again Teclis is also wise and learned enough not to pick up the Sword. But as he is quite attached to his brother I would say the loss of Tyrion would drive Teclis to pick up the Sword as a far more likely event than Tyrion ever picking it up.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Musashi

#10 Post by Musashi »

It's Stormbringer, but Tyrion isn't Elric. But Teclis seems to need a booster.
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1317/1015107388_6c67a9c5d3_o.jpg[/img]
[color=red]Surprise is an event that takes place in the mind of the enemy commander[/color]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdU1F54FEOU]Crowbot_Jenny[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1AfDgZttw]Sunrise[/url]
[url=http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhrhr5JLBY1qc2rnro1_500.jpg]avatar[/url]
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jrt6b/The_Castle_Series_4_Episode_5/]The_Castle_Series_4_Episode_5[/url]

[i]But this did not surprise them, for as it is written in the Great Elven Book of Knowing:[/i] Isn't life just one bloody thing after another.
Prince Asarion

#11 Post by Prince Asarion »

Domine Nox wrote:I would disagree agree with much of this. Aenarion was a desperate man who was put in a losing situation that felt the weight of the world was on his shoulders. He felt in his heart that it was up to him to save the Elves from Chaos, but even then he didn't pick up the Sword of Khaine. Only when Chaos took his family from him did he finally snap and decide that all was lost and that his life was meaningless. It was the act of a man that felt he was already dead, who had known only war, that drove him to grab the sword to make the enemy hurt as much as he did. While Caledor was a calm voice of reason, understanding and logic that tried to vie for a better way than war: the Vortex.

Put this into perspective of now with Tyrion and Teclis. Tyrion is not a desperate man. Tyrion is a hero in the most cliche sense of the word. He doesn't know how to lose. Without his armor, weapons, or anything he would fight on against the entire armies of the Dark Elves and Chaos. I do not believe anything would drive Tyrion to touch the Sword of Khaine, because such an act is a move of loss and desperation, and Tyrion would never reach that. He is the guy that would go out swinging against greater daemons willing himself to win.

Teclis on the other hand is the dark one. While he is altruistic and maintains faith in the world, he is the one with the shadow in his soul. If anyone would be driven to desperate measures it would be Teclis, but then again Teclis is also wise and learned enough not to pick up the Sword. But as he is quite attached to his brother I would say the loss of Tyrion would drive Teclis to pick up the Sword as a far more likely event than Tyrion ever picking it up.
Then you haven't been reading the fluff. Tyrion is essentially Aenarion reborn. Which means that anything Aenarion is capable of, so is Tyrion. He's also well known for his black moods and depression. So I wouldn't go about saying how Tyrion would never draw the sword.
Check out my [url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40192]c/b/plog[/url]

[size=85][i][color=#0000FF]Army - L ~ D ~ V ~ SV - Year[/color][/i][/size]
[size=85][i][color=#BF4000]HE --- 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 8 - 2012[/color][/i][/size]
[size=85][i][color=#BF4000]HE --- 0 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 0 - 2013[/color][/i][/size]
Dalamar

#12 Post by Dalamar »

Tyrion would draw the sword if the Everqueen was to die... sounds familiar?
lordoftheshadows

#13 Post by lordoftheshadows »

Dalamar wrote:Tyrion would draw the sword if the Everqueen was to die... sounds familiar?
+1

I can easily see Tyrion taking the sword of Khaine is the Evenqueen gets killed by something extremely powerful.

I can't see Teclis picking up the sword for two reason. First of all he is very weak and even with the sword he would be cut down easily in combat, it's a sword not a suit of armor. Secondly Teclis is much more detached from the world than Tyrion is. While he spends much time outside of Ulthuan he makes few friends and doesn't stick around. Additionally, even when he is on Ulthuan, he spends much of his time in the White Tower (correct me if I forgot the name. I have been reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time and well you know...). He is the most powerful mage in the world, vampire guy excepted, and also is very physically frail and these things make him very hard to approach. The only person that he spends much time with (outside of the mages) is Tyrion.
Words to live by:
Live for ever or die in the attempt.

The motto of my master (Zaros) may he rest in peace.
Proud member of the Mage Knight Guild.
[url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32214[/url]
The Prince of Death
Dalamar

#14 Post by Dalamar »

Keep in mind that Sword of Khaine is not a sword. It is whatever weapon fits the potential wielder best.

Malekith saw a scepter as he is a leader, running the show from behind the lines rather than charging in the front (though he's fine with that too)

I'm sure Teclis would see some sort of a staff that would magnify his magical ability.
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#15 Post by Domine Nox »

Dalamar wrote:Keep in mind that Sword of Khaine is not a sword. It is whatever weapon fits the potential wielder best.
+1
lordoftheshadows wrote: First of all he is very weak and even with the sword he would be cut down easily in combat, it's a sword not a suit of armor.
To counter this statement Aenarion was a badass, but when he picked up the sword he went from Badass to God. In the final battle he fights 4 Greater Daemons alone and comes out on top. The power of the Sword of Khaine is ridiculous, it's not not just a fancy sword. If you put it in Warhammer terms it would be turn all your characters stats to 10, does D6 wounds, auto wounds, grants a 2+ ward, etc. The sword of Khaine is the most powerful weapon in existence, it just comes with the whole driving you insane, cursing your blood line thing.
Prince Asarion wrote:Then you haven't been reading the fluff. Tyrion is essentially Aenarion reborn. Which means that anything Aenarion is capable of, so is Tyrion. He's also well known for his black moods and depression. So I wouldn't go about saying how Tyrion would never draw the sword.
But he isn't. You can see that in how he handles what he faces. If Tyrion and Teclis had been the two at the first chaos invasion that Aenarion was at, things owuld have gone completely differently. Because Tyrion would not have dismissed the plan to drain the winds of magic, he would have listened and weighed the pros and cons. While Aenarion was too full of his determination that he could do everything himself and was unstoppable. Look at how when the Dark Elves sneak in to kill the Everqueen at the tournament to find her champion Tyrion does not go "I will defend all" and wade into the enemy and try to cut them all down and save everyone. He makes the smart call, and goes to save the Everqueen.

Aenarion was bold and brave, but he was also prone to desperation. Throwing himself into the flame of Asuryan? Declaring all lost and going for the sword when his wife and children died? Tyrion has not demonstrated such behavior.
lordoftheshadows wrote: Secondly Teclis is much more detached from the world than Tyrion is.
And that is actually the bigger danger. Somebody that is a part of the world, cares more about the world and the consequences. People know picking up that sword is BAD. But if you are doing your own thing, with your own motivations and concerns you might be more tempted to do something that most people might not do. Teclis has already broken with typical High Elf convention once where he decided to teach the humans of the Old World magic, all because he wanted them to be prepared and able to help against incursions of chaos. So sounds like somebody is already willing to do what no other High Elf is to stop Chaos. Sound familiar?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]