Scenario: Defend the Waystones

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Truthiness

Scenario: Defend the Waystones

#1 Post by Truthiness »

To celebrate our new book, I recently challenged my friends to play 6000 point games against my High Elves. I decided to create a new scenario out of scratch. You can find it on my blog, here. Any thoughts, comments, or concerns?
[url=http://warhammertruthiness.blogspot.com/]You Can't Handle the Truthiness[/url]:
The demented ramblings of a US Army officer
RogueSun

Re: Scenario: Defend the Waystones

#2 Post by RogueSun »

Truthiness wrote:To celebrate our new book, I recently challenged my friends to play 6000 point games against my High Elves. I decided to create a new scenario out of scratch. You can find it on my blog, here. Any thoughts, comments, or concerns?
Looks fun. I hope you do a battle report on that game. One thing that struck me odd was that once a high elf wizard stabilizes a stone it can't be toppled again. Seems unfair for the attacker since it's one of the only ways of denying points to the high elves.

I'd also say the attacker should get first turn unless the high elf player rolls a 6. They're defending their homeland and thus are reactionary. The enemy should have the initiative!
Truthiness

Re: Scenario: Defend the Waystones

#3 Post by Truthiness »

Good point about the reactive position of the High Elves in this scenario. I'll switch the positions up.

I went with the no re-toppling simply out of logic. The HE mage isn't physically putting the waystone back up, he's just stopping it from eventually killing us all. From a game play perspective it might be worth considering though, but I feel like it is very easy to topple the Waystone, while it is fairly difficult for the High Elf player to stabilize it. A level 2 wizard is going to have a very hard time and losing a level 4 for a whole magic phase is pretty big deal. I think switching the starting positions might be enough to compensate for not being able to re-topple a Waystone.
[url=http://warhammertruthiness.blogspot.com/]You Can't Handle the Truthiness[/url]:
The demented ramblings of a US Army officer