not your standard list.

All discussions related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles from 1st to 8th edition go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
Lord Anathir

not your standard list.

#1 Post by Lord Anathir »

You know, I'd love to see high elves have be more a bit more unique and separated from dark elves, wood elves and empire. We've got a lot of standard stuff but here is a list idea which would really put us in a category of our own and not the 'united nations of warhammer' as we used to be called.

I've cut units out, made up new units, special rules and other stuff. there is just so much cool stuff we can have in our list.

ARMY SPECIAL RULES:

Provincial Pride: Every high elf army hails from one province or is an amalgamation of units sent from all over Ulthuan or the Old World. At least 1 High Prince, Commander or Noble must be selected in every army list and must be your general. BSBs may not be your general. Select one of the following for your general only. Some provincial traits affect just your general, and some affect certain units in your army. Some have units that hail specifically from that province and are only available if your general and army hails from that province. The points value in brackets is added on to your general's point cost. Any equipment item may be subbed by a magic item equivalent.

Caledor: Grants access to a Star Dragon mount. Must select a dragon mount or barded elven steed. Grants access and must select dragon armor. Must weild a lance. (35pts) Dragon Princes

Ellyrion: Must select mounted on a barded or unbarded elven steed. Has the fast cavalry special rule (and thus can shoot 360 on horse and so on) and 0-1 units of ellyrion reavers become core. Must select spear, light armor, bow. (10 points) Reavers

Tiranoc: Must be mounted on a tiranoc chariot. Inspired by their chariot mounted lord, all tiranoc chariots may reroll any psychology checks. (10 points) Tiranoc Chariots

Chrace: Must be on foot or mounted in a lion chariot. Wears a lion cloak granting +2 armor save against shooting. May move through woods without penalty. Rerolls to wound against monsters (35 pts) Lion Chariots, White Lions

Cothique: Must be mounted on a sun/moon dragon, griffon, eagle or on foot. the character and any unit he joins may move through any water or marshland without penalty (5 pts).

Yvresse: On foot or eagle. Must select spear, shield and bow. The spear grants +1 strength. In addition, all units of warriors, spears or archers within 18 inches may reroll all psychology. (35 pts)

Saphery: On foot. Must select a great weapon. Has the Always Strike First special rule. (35 pts) Swordmasters

Nagarythe: On foot. Has scout and skirmish special rule. Must select an additional handweapons that also grant +1 strength and longbow (or magic item equivalents). Eternal Hatred. (25 pts) Shadow Warriors

Eataine: 18 inch ld and bsb range.

Avelorn: Acces to Handmaidens

Defenders of Ulthuan: Access to All units. (75 pts)

Lords:

0-1 High Prince 160 pts
M5 WS8 BS6 S4 T3 I9 A4 W3 LD10
Must be your army general and therefore must select from the provincial pride chart. Cannot select to be from avelorn, eataine or a defender of ulthuan. 125 pts of magic item allowance.

Mount: (1)
Star Dragon - 400 pts
Moon Dragon - 300 pts
Sun Dragon - 200 pts
Griffon - 150 pts
Eagle - 50 pts
Barded Steed - 24
Steed - 18

Weapon (1)
Lance (6), Halberd (6), Great Weapon (6), AHW (6)

Armor (1)
Dragon Armor (9), Heavy Armor (6), Light Armor (4)

Other
Shield (3), Longbow (5)

Commander 135 pts
M5 WS7 BS6 S4 T3 I7 A4 W3 LD9
Same options as high prince. 100 pts of magic item allowance

Archmage 200 pts
May upgrade to lvl 4 for + 35 points. May not be your army general. 100 pts items. can ride eagle or barded/unbarded steed. 8 lores of magic or Lore of true magic.

Tower Master 100 pts
M5 WS6 BS5 S4 t3 I7 A3 W3 LD9
100 pts of items. lvl 2 Mage, may upgrade to lvl3 mage for +45 point. May not wear magic or mundane armor or carry a shield. Must be on foot.

Dragon Mage 200 pts
M5 WS6 BS4 S3 T3 I5 A2 W3 LD9
Lvl 2 Mage, Has access to Lore of Fire or Lore of Dragons.
Must ride a Moon Dragon at 300 pts or Sun Dragon 200 pts. 100 Pts of Items.

Special Rule: Soulbound. Mage and Beast share a magical bound that unites them and harmonizes their souls with the winds of magic. While both the dragon mage and the mount are alive, the dragon mage is a lvl3 mage and the dragon is a lvl 1 mage with access to the lore of dragons. If the dragon dies first the mage loses a spell at random along with a level.

Reckless: Dragon Mage and his mount generate a free dice per spell, may cast with 1 more dice that is normally allowed for their level.

Heros:

Noble 75 pts. Unchanged. 1 may be a bsb. (cant ride a dragon)

Mage 85 pts. +35 pts for lvl2. Unchanged

Warden 60 pts
M5 WS5 S4 T3 I6 A2 W2 LD8
lvl 1 Mage. May not wear magic or mundane armor or carry a shield. Must be on foot.

Mounts:
Star Dragon: unchanged
Moon Dragon: breath weapon st4
Sun Dragon: +1 strength
Last edited by Lord Anathir on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

Re: not your standard list.

#2 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Provincial bonuses have always been something I've wanted to see, and these look pretty good - though I think they could do with a little work.

If you're interested, this links to a previous idea I had for them a while back. It is 6th ed though.

http://www.ulthuan.net/archive/viewtopi ... ight=bonus
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Lord Anathir

#3 Post by Lord Anathir »

pretty cool. I dont every prince and commander to pick a province, just the general. Anyways I got loads of random crazy ideas so let me spit them out.
For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

Lord Anathir

#4 Post by Lord Anathir »

MAGIC

Lore of True Magic: The lore where the winds of magic are shaped and controlled instead of using them to control earthly objects like the basic 8 lores.

No Default Spell (this lore is too cool to need one :D

1 or default) Drain Magic. The mage pulls raw magic away from enemy casters, making it difficult to more difficult to cast spells. 6s removed from cast, 5s/6s, 4s/5s/6s. 5+/7+/9+ One enemy mage 24 inches

1) Arcane Shield. friendly unit within 24. A bright white shield forms in front and over a friendly unit absorbing magical missiles and burning mundane bullets, arrows and artillery into dust. 3+ ward save against ranged attacks only. 6+

2) Aethyr Whirlwind. A whirlwind of pure magic surrounds an unengaged enemy unit. Every model on the periphery of the unit (front rank, back rank, side models) take a s4 hit. In addition the enemy unit becomes disoriented and can only perform a reform move in their movement phase. Skirmishers are all hit. 8+

3) Minions of Magic. RIP. The Mage carves a horde of beast and animal shaped minions directly from the winds of magic and set them upon the foes of the elves. Range 30 inches. Profile. M5 WS3 BS- S4 T3 A1 W1 Ld10 Unbreakable, Ethereal, Cause Fear. 2D6 models 20x20 bases, skirmishers. May be cast them directly into combat. 9+. Lasts as long as spell remains in play.

4) Stardust Beaconlight. The mage gathers pure magical energy around him channeling a powerful beam into the sky that spreads and falls back to ground bringing hope and strength to all elves and dismaying their opponents. Cast on the mage himself. All high elves within 10 inches of the beacon light gain +1 M, S, I, LD and initiative while enemies lose -1 M, S, I, LD. At the start of every magic phase the radius of the spell increases by 5 inches. RIP 10+. the mage may not cast this spell inside a unit, nor may he move while he is channelling. If he is forced to move for any reason then the spell is cancelled.

I have space for one or two more spells. saving them for some good ideas that I forgot or put into my Lore of Dragons.

Thats for now I will add more. The main army structure is going to be just as weird.