High Elves for tournaments

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
centesombra

High Elves for tournaments

#1 Post by centesombra »

Hi guys!

Today I bring up to you 2 lists I designed for our local tournaments, they both are tough lists:

The first one; Double white lion horde list:

- Commander GENERAL, with Camreig Master honour (Fire and Shadow Identificatives), Dispell Scroll (sisters unit)
- Commander BSB, Mithril Mall and 5+ ward save, halberd (with one unit of white lions for the bodyguard)
- Mage, Lvl2 of fire with an additional spell and Magic Resistance 2 (sisters unit)

- 30 sea guard with heavy armours, FCG with Banner of Courage
- 2x5 Elein reavers

- 29 x lion guard with banner
- 30 x lion guard with banner

- 2 giant eagles

- 16 Queen´s Guard with longbows and musician
- 15 Queen´s Guard with longbows and musician

The other list is similar but changing 29 lion guard unit for a swordmasters one (25 miniatures in a 7x3 plus more miniatures for extra wounds) and changing also the mage for an archmage (this list goes with MR2 in one queen´s guard and MR3 in the other queen´s guard unit.

What do you think about them?

I think master of canreig tower in lvl2 GENERAL is very useful due to 0 of shadows to decrease Iniciative can give us the solution to units like corsaires or black guard or even Phoenix Guard or Chosen ones with additional hand weapons... The othe spell is my doubt for him... maybe the 2nd fire ball? 0 of alchemy? beasts for improving our seaguard or swordmasters in combat?

Regards!
Malossar
Something Cool

Re: High Elves for tournaments

#2 Post by Malossar »

I would have a hard time putting all of my hopes and tournament dreams into a list with double white lion blocks. The problem is losing Martial Prowess and stubborn. You're also only Initiative 5 now which might not seem like a big difference, but a lot of armies have a had a slight uptick in initiative values. For instance, a block of phoenix guard would carve right through a white lion block 16 attacks, str 4 ap, hitting on 3s since they keep LR and wounding on 3s will do a fair bit of damage. You'll do 21 attacks back, say 11 hits (round in your favor), 9 wounds, only 4.5 get past the ward save. They'll then win on static res.

You also don't have enough firepower for me to say why would I want to fight that? A couple magic missiles, basic bs fire will wallop your queens guard and then you're stuck pushing two big blocks into the enemy.

I say drop one unit and take more stuff. Bolt thrower or two, eagle, a lion chariot etc. Get some more units on the table that can fight off chaff and keep your block in the fights it wants to be in.
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: High Elves for tournaments

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

What Mal said.