First Impressions

All discussions related to games of fantasy battles such as AoS, T9A, KoW, MESBG, WAP, Warmaster, etc go here, including army construction, comp creation, campaign and scenarios design, etc...
SpellArcher
Green Istari

First Impressions

#1 Post by SpellArcher »

1) Swordmaster special rule looks interesting.
2) Ditto Star Cloak.
3) Talisman of Loec back! Oh yes.
4) Ward save banner, I really like this, measured but useful.
5) Magic-boosting banner interesting.
6) Loving Poison on the Shadow Warriors, cheaper than an already good WE equivalent.
Giladis
The Merlord

Re: First Impressions

#2 Post by Giladis »

I am glad you are enjoying it Axiem, Eltharis and pk-ng are doing their best to give us the best possible book.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

Thanks Giladis.

I've posted my first impressions of the core rules here:

http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=28945
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#4 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I finally got around to checking the 0.91 list, I have a doubles event coming up using 9th Age beta.
I thought the Sea Guard's new name was silly, along with the Eagle Claw.
I love my Sea Guard, but now we are out from under GW's lore, why are they stuck being associated with the Sea.
They could easily have been Tower Guard, or something, especially with the option of Heavy Armour.
I love the Talisman is back, my Sword Master champ can't use it, but handy on a High Prince kitted for combat.
Foliarth's Robe is back, which is cool I used to love that Robe/Talisman of Saphery/Silver Wand build.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Cold Phoenix

#5 Post by Cold Phoenix »

1) Lion Chariots. Losing the useless rules for 3+ armour and a 25% point decrease.
2) Sisters can take a musician now or upgrade to skirmishers
3) Prince/Noble on foot can get to 2+ armour on foot without having to pay 45-50 points
4) Honors some aren't useful, but the Mage Prince, Coastal Sentinel and High Warden (now that you can give this to a BSB) seem very interesting.
5) Amethyst Crystal-not cheap, but very good. Pity it can't be taken on a Lv2.
6) Magic Level point costs, aided Casting and Dispelling mean that you won't just see every army running a lv4.
Giladis
The Merlord

#6 Post by Giladis »

Don't worry Sea Guard will be Sea Guard in the next update. The Background and Arts team is slowly going through each army updating names and where possible bringing back the old.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#7 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

<3 Sea Guard.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]