Space hulk rerelease

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Nightwing

Space hulk rerelease

#1 Post by Nightwing »

All I can say is WADAFUQ?!?!? I received an email from gw advertising this product and it had sold out by Friday. Is this a retailer that doesn't want to make money? I cannot understand this, I've been waiting for this to be re released since 2008 after missing out. What, did they make like five copies? Where is the business sense?
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

Re: Space hulk rerelease

#2 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

They keep it at a limited quantity so they can justify the extreme price for a board game.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#3 Post by Domine Nox »

But it doesn't justify the cost, cause by making it limited edition there are loads of people that are buying it just to sell it at a bigger price on ebay. GW would get a lot more money if they just... released it and left it released.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
RE.Lee

#4 Post by RE.Lee »

I'm disappointed I didn't get one as well, but making Limited Edition items isn't something exclusive to GW. Its a marketing thing more than a money-making thing, I guess.
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Mist

#5 Post by Mist »

OMG, what I cannot understand is why anybody would want it, it is the same as last time, G W really is just making no effort any more. Is there anything other then a couple of new missions and a little bit of card stock which is different from the last one?
It is like the Simpsons episode where they just gave Malibu Stacey a new hat, and everybody went crazy for it.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#6 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Mist wrote:OMG, what I cannot understand is why anybody would want it, it is the same as last time, G W really is just making no effort any more. Is there anything other then a couple of new missions and a little bit of card stock which is different from the last one?
It is like the Simpsons episode where they just gave Malibu Stacey a new hat, and everybody went crazy for it.
I'm guessing because they didn't get a copy last time...

I've still got my original, so I'm good.
Nightwing

#7 Post by Nightwing »

That's my point, I missed out last time and this time despite going to the website the second I received the notification email.
John Rainbow

#8 Post by John Rainbow »

RE.Lee wrote:I'm disappointed I didn't get one as well, but making Limited Edition items isn't something exclusive to GW. Its a marketing thing more than a money-making thing, I guess.
This. It purely gets people talking and through the door of the GW stores.

As for the quality of the game, the termies are the best GW has ever done IMHO and the 'stealers are great too. Game is certainly fun to cap it all off. As an aside, 5 of the sculpts are the same as those used in the Dark Vengeance set although they were Dark Angle-ified for that set.
Teledor

#9 Post by Teledor »

Hmm. Weird. I just went through the online store process for the USA and pre-ordered two. I wonder if I am going to get an email saying "whoops, we can't fulfill that order". We'll find out.
John Rainbow

#10 Post by John Rainbow »

Yeah I saw that they are still available (allegedly) too.
Teledor

#11 Post by Teledor »

If they ship it, they ship it. If not, refund. no loss. I won't be heartbroken if not, figured it might be a fun board game.
Duranthalis

#12 Post by Duranthalis »

I've missed out on every previous release. This time, I called my local GW store at 215 in the afternoon the day it was announced and managed to get a pre-order in.

I'm excited to add another game to the growing collection of games that sit on my shelf because I don't have time for playing, and when I do none of my friends are available...
PLOG here!
High Elf, done/in progress/unassembled: 12/150/1
Wood Elf, done/in progress/unassembled: 18/2/43
Space Orks, done/in progress/unassembled: Oi.
WH40K Imperials (BT/SoB/SW), done/in progress/unassembled: Oi.

Prepare for a surprise attack!
John Rainbow

#13 Post by John Rainbow »

Duranthalis wrote:I'm excited to add another game to the growing collection of games that sit on my shelf because I don't have time for playing, and when I do none of my friends are available...
I loved this :lol:
Jimmy
Centurion

#14 Post by Jimmy »

I started teaching my boys how to play over the weekend, 5 games in and they are big fans which is pretty cool. :D
Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#15 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Jimmy wrote:I started teaching my boys how to play over the weekend, 5 games in and they are big fans which is pretty cool. :D
It's hard not to be a big fan. My hope is they do a rerelease of warhammer quest next (I've got that one too, but the hype helps remind my group that they like my old games).
Duranthalis

#16 Post by Duranthalis »

I like that Space Hulk is a 2 player game, means more opportunities for games when my entire group can't get together. I have copies of the original Games Workshop Talisman as well as the re-release by Fantasy Flight Games, so that's the go to game for when the bulk of my group can get together. X-Wing is another game that is starting to get popular with my group.
PLOG here!

John Rainbow

#17 Post by John Rainbow »

Duranthalis wrote:I like that Space Hulk is a 2 player game, means more opportunities for games when my entire group can't get together. I have copies of the original Games Workshop Talisman as well as the re-release by Fantasy Flight Games, so that's the go to game for when the bulk of my group can get together. X-Wing is another game that is starting to get popular with my group.
I have Talisman too but haven't got it out in ages. Hah. That's a trip down memory lane! My and my sisters used to love Talisman. Did you have all the expansions too?
Duranthalis

#18 Post by Duranthalis »

John Rainbow wrote: I have Talisman too but haven't got it out in ages. Hah. That's a trip down memory lane! My and my sisters used to love Talisman. Did you have all the expansions too?
For the original I had all of the expansions except for space and the dungeon. For the new release? I think there are 4-5 that I need to get still
PLOG here!

Facade19

#19 Post by Facade19 »

Two of the local independent retailers will be getting them in. I wonder if I should grab one while I can. I am just not sure how much fun it will. I feel as if the board game environment will be limiting and become boring after a while.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#20 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Facade19 wrote:Two of the local independent retailers will be getting them in. I wonder if I should grab one while I can. I am just not sure how much fun it will. I feel as if the board game environment will be limiting and become boring after a while.
Honestly I strongly recommend picking it up. It's from the peak of GW. I've had it for 25 years now and it's still fun to pull out and play. It's also a good "gateway drug" for pulling people into the hobby.
RE.Lee

#21 Post by RE.Lee »

Yup, do get it if you can. A thoroughly enjoyable game and some gorgeous miniatures!
cheers, Lee

John Rainbow

#22 Post by John Rainbow »

RE.Lee wrote:Yup, do get it if you can. A thoroughly enjoyable game and some gorgeous miniatures!
+1
Nightwing

#23 Post by Nightwing »

A friend of mine has been able to reserve a copy in store. They must've put a cap on how many they can sell online to ensure actual physical copies made it into store.
Gandalf_82

#24 Post by Gandalf_82 »

I have a couple of complaints at GW here. Firstly the price of it, £75 for what is just a board game is extortion. But they have a captive market in a way and they can charge what they want so I can see that, and I'm tempted to buy a copy at that price. But more annoying is the very limited amount they've produced, why not give us all a chance to get a copy?! By the time I'd decided to pre order one they'd sold out! Why let people pre order 3 copies?! They are clearly just doing that to sell the other two on eBay at a profit to those of us who missed out. Meh. Ahwell, saved myself a few quid!!
Duranthalis

#25 Post by Duranthalis »

Just got back from the GW store with my copy. Heavy box ...

The models look nice, not too many mould lines to clean up. The terminators are about the same size as power armour marines for 40k, so not really feasible to use them in place of terminators for 40k games. Just as well, I don't play blood angels! :D
PLOG here!

Rhawtir

#26 Post by Rhawtir »

I actually liked the miniatures so much that I bought three boxes. I missed the first release but waited a couple of weeks and bought them on some auction site while I was still rich before starting my studies.. Oh well, great game, great miniatures, I hope you all find some boxes for yourselves!
Look and see the sky turn red.
Like blood, it covers over me.
And soon the sea shall give up her dead.
We'll raise an empire from the bottom of the sea.
RE.Lee

#27 Post by RE.Lee »

My local shop still has at least one set for some reason ;)
cheers, Lee