Daemons 1500

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

tiekwando2

Daemons 1500

#1 Post by tiekwando2 »

Bloodthirster Unholy Might
Bloodthirster Unholy Might

3 Flamers

14 Bloodletters
8 Horrors Changeling
5 Horrors Bolt of Change
5 Horrors Bolt of Change

2 Daemon Princes Mark of Nurgle, Iron Hide, Noxious Touch

Its big its mean and it doesnt like eldar much lol. So what do you guys think. I have used it for a few games and so far I am 3 wins (DH, BA, Chaos) and a draw against nids (turn 5 i had 11 Bloodletters on one objective, he had 5 Stealers on the other, who sat and yelled at each other for two turns, fastest two turns in 40k ever)
saintjon

Re: Daemons 1500

#2 Post by saintjon »

I would feel pretty comfy taking that on with orks.
HachiRoku

#3 Post by HachiRoku »

Ok I think im seeing this right but why do you have 4 hq's limit is 2 and daemons in 40k are weak againest other fighty armies like the ORKS lol
tiekwando2

#4 Post by tiekwando2 »

2 HQs, the bloodthirsters, though in daemons heralds count as a 2 for 1 deal.
Yep Orks are a pain, I can kill nice nobz and nob biker squads though, they are fun to go squish, so I just kinda pray they take them :)
Big ork mobz are what kill me. Flamers are ok at killing and thinning out a decent sized squad. Bloodthirster just cannot kill enough same with Daemon princes. Bloodletters if they get the charge (which they wont) can do a decent number on them but then loose on the attacks back. Horrors are ok, each one kills 3/4 of an orc. But they are not great.

Hmm i would not say they are weak, I fought blood angels twice and tyranids once and won all three games. As well as DH (which are kinda a fighty army).
saintjon

#5 Post by saintjon »

Yeah my list will have like 90 boyz (30 'ard boyz) or so pretty much all the time when I have the models. I wish black reach orks came with shootas though, I would much rather all my smashmouth mobs be able to crank out like 60+ shots a round to 24" or so rather than just 1. One thing orks seem to hate is lash of submission or whatever, I hear a lot of grumbling about that one. If you're good to go against nob bikers that's probably a good thing, although I think people are starting to lean away from them a bit.
tiekwando2

#6 Post by tiekwando2 »

90 would about do it lol. Hmm i would probably play run away and try to contest everything last turn (assuming objectives). Hmm we dont have lash, but a toned down version called pavane, it does d6 instead of 2d6. Would work well with 3 squads of 3 flamers and 3 pavaning DPs. I will have to try that one day. Maybe even take 3 squads of 5 flamers (lots of dead orks!)
"Now everyone get in a single file line. Good. Now stand still..."
crispy :lol:
saintjon

#7 Post by saintjon »

from what I saw at the-waagh.com the REAL green tide dudes use even more than that. I guess pavane was what I was referring to. Whatever, being able to move orks around and then template them is pretty nasty anyhow lol.