First ever 40k list- 1000pts grey knights

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

soulweaver

First ever 40k list- 1000pts grey knights

#1 Post by soulweaver »

As you can tell this is my very first ever 40k list so any help would be appreciated and if i broke any rules can you let me know as im not quit sure yet thanks

Grand master 145
psycannon bolts 10
ungeants of warding 10

9 grey knights 225
1 justicar with psycannon bolts 60
2 psycannons 50

9 grey knights 225
1 justicar with psycannon bolts 60
2 psycannons 50

grey knights dreadnaught 80
upgrade Close combat weapon to rocket launcher 10
twin linked lascannon 50
pyscannon bolts 10
hunter killer missile 15

total 1000

once again any comments would be appreciated
[i]Of creations most foul I beheld the Lord of All and knew that I was dead.[/i] [i][size=75]~ Inquisitor Brand[/size][/i]
[i]I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived. [size=75]~ Willa Cather [/size][/i]
[i]Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect. [size=75]~ Steven Wright[/size][/i]
Elanil

Re: First ever 40k list- 1000pts grey knights

#2 Post by Elanil »

I don't have any specific advice as I don't know the daemonhunters codex at all (that's the one, right?), but I have read that a lot of people feel that grey knights on their own are weak because they are so expensive. Have you thought about throwing in some IG cannon-fodder?
soulweaver

#3 Post by soulweaver »

Elanil wrote:I don't have any specific advice as I don't know the daemonhunters codex at all (that's the one, right?), but I have read that a lot of people feel that grey knights on their own are weak because they are so expensive. Have you thought about throwing in some IG cannon-fodder?
yep thats the codex but i was trying to keep it a pure grey knights army

and another thing

how many armys have really good invulnerable saves and really bad armour saves because the waste of points on psycannons/bolts might be able to free up some points
[i]Of creations most foul I beheld the Lord of All and knew that I was dead.[/i] [i][size=75]~ Inquisitor Brand[/size][/i]
[i]I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived. [size=75]~ Willa Cather [/size][/i]
[i]Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect. [size=75]~ Steven Wright[/size][/i]
saintjon

#4 Post by saintjon »

I dunno about any of that but I would drown that army in green and see if it floats!!! lol j/k. I think Grey Knights are pretty cool but it's gotta be tough having so few models on the board. I think the number one offender on having poor armour save and decent invulnerable save is Daemons, which is a fitting thing for you to have special ammo against I guess. My orks have pretty piss poor armour and piss poor invulnerable saves to go with it for the most part. Space marines have both, especially if they bring the Legion of the Damned (that would make a pretty cool game with daemonhunters, the inquisition has mixed up it's priorities again!)
soulweaver

#5 Post by soulweaver »

Decided that it was a poor amount of troops so i changed the fluff a bit. there now grey knights that have the help of an "inducted" inquisitor and inquisitorial storm troopers. im still hoping that it will be pretty good to play with as well. heres the new list

grand master 145
Ungeants of warding 10

9 grey knights 225
1 justicar 50
psycannon 25

9 inquisitorial storm troopers 90
veteran with storm bolter 20
rhino 50

inquisitor 20
artificer armour 15
power weapon 15
storm bolter 10
retinue(see below) 95
Holocaust 20
scourging 20

dreadnaught 80
rockit launcher upgrade 10
twin linked lascannon 50

Lance strike 70

total 1020

RETINUE
1 familiar
2 acolytes with carapace armour, and stormbolters 46
gun servitor with heavy bolter 25
sage 10
mystic 8

i just realised this list is 20 points over so im thinking of dropping the strike and upgrading some more of my units