[BFG] Help making a 1500pt Imperial fleet

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

possumman

[BFG] Help making a 1500pt Imperial fleet

#1 Post by possumman »

I'm fairly new to BFG and I'm currently writing a 1500pt list. I have a few models (marked with *) so I'll definitely be using them. I'm currently at 1420 points, I was wondering what to do with the remaining points?

Emperor Class Battleship - 365
*Mars Class Battlecruiser - 270
*Lunar Class Cruiser - 180
*Gothic Class Cruiser - 180
Sword Class Frigates x 3 - 105
Sword Class Frigates x 3 - 105
Cobra Class Frigates x 3 - 90
Ld 9 Admiral with 1 extra reroll - 125

I have options like adding Nova cannons, increasing Ld and things like that, are they worth it? Does the list seem alright overall?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks.
War's not about who's right, it's about who's left.
Idaho

Re: [BFG] Help making a 1500pt Imperial fleet

#2 Post by Idaho »

I'm by no means an expert, but I always liked the Dominator class (if I remember the name correctly). You know, the ship with the Nova Cannon and FP12 on both sides of the ships.

I would personally drop 3 Swords and use the remaining ships to get it.

I reckon you will be combining the Gothic class with another ship, but really I think you would be better off without it. Maybe you should drop it for another Lunar or another Dominator. People could think you are being cheesey mind with 4 nova cannons in the list mind?