Summer Campaign

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

The Custodian

Summer Campaign

#1 Post by The Custodian »

Hey guys long time no see... I know that you guys like your campaigns sow I thought id post this here also...

Alright so lately I've been rather pissed that GW has completely decided to throw away the whole World Wide campaign thing. It was an excellent opportunity for people to meet, exchange ideas, create great campaign narratives, and have a good time. While GW never did the campaign system well it still had some value. Anyway I then became interested in Internet fan campaigns, sure these were not as massive, fluffy or have the same amount of support GW could give it but the comraderie and enjoyment of the campaign still remained. Anyway after a lull some people have gotten together and created another online campaign set to run from August 1rst (unless the creator has a problem) for eight weeks (maybe less).

For those of you who are not familiar with online campaigns they are rather simple... You play a battle against someone, you then make a small fluffy battle report and narrative (blow by blow accounts are generaly discouraged as we want stories). Depending how good you are at writing and how large the game was you earn your faction VP (Victory Points) and NP (Narrative Points). Dont worry if you cant write as even a blow by blow account will earn you some NP. While VP are your factions bread and ultimately win NP are still important as they flavour the victory...

I know im advertising and Im unsure if its allowed but im doing this to try and recapture the glory of the summer campaigns GW used to have. So I hope you all will consider this...

Any game sstem from 40k is accepted (epic, BFG, AI) and will help your faction...

Fluff wise the battle is between Chaos and the Imperium (big suprise)... However its the imperials doing an invasion of a chaos held world (they control most of it, some PDF still remains)... In past fan campaigns its usualy burned down to chaos vs imperials with some xenos running around and this reflects it. Xenos are essentially Mercs who ally with one of the two sides... However should enough of any Xenos faction turn up they can become thier own faction vying for control. And lastly there will be no tau snce the world is set in another ector... You can still show up[ and simply make flff that your not tau but some other advanced species but meh...

Heres the site then...

The Fragment War

Its not flashy or anything but then again its not GW...

Thanks for reading and hope to see you there.
The Puppet Master -30/5/4, 374 kills
Final Enemy Defeated:Veshnakar
[img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x174/OoDark_ShadowoO/scan-1.jpg[/img][url=http://heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/637-the-custodian.htm][img]http://www.heresy-online.net/daemons/adoptables/637.gif[/img][/url]