1500 Deathwing

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Red_Lep

1500 Deathwing

#1 Post by Red_Lep »

I've been playing Deathwing for years and have decided to dust them off once again, I haven't played a single game in the new edition so I have no idea how well this will work.

Here was the basic thought:

HQ- 130

Belial- 130
Elite- 380

2x Dreadnought- 190
~Missile-Launcher
~Lasscannon
~Extra Armor
~Venerable
Troops- 980

2x Deathwing(5)- 245
~Assault Cannon

2x Deathwing(5)- 235
~Missile-Launcher
Total- 1490

Any advice on what to change or add for higher points?
Eashamahel

Re: 1500 Deathwing

#2 Post by Eashamahel »

You will probably be a little dissapointed when you run into another marine player (vanilla) whose Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield combo gives him a 3+ invulnerable all the time, and yours still only gives you a 4+ in combat. Same with the fact that his Cyclone fires two shots to your one. Add to that the fact that your apothecary doesn't help you with AP2 guns (which is what you need) and that your fire power is roughly half as effective against horde armies like tyrannids (where you need it) due to the general 4+ cover save rule, and you are most likely going to have a rough time.
That being said, I still try mine now and again, they can be fun.