More space marines? Oh no!

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elanil

More space marines? Oh no!

#1 Post by Elanil »

I am starting a space marine force. I arranged with my brother-in-law to purchase two copies of Assault on Black Reach and I will take the marines and he will take the orks. I bought the two sets off ebay for $51 each. If you include tax on the $60 set, I saved $13.

In tooling around on warseer.com, I noticed a lot of scratch-built vehicle models. I am going to see how far I can get with some cereal boxes and a whole lot of dreams. I will try to keep people updated.
Ashnari Doomsong
The Riddler

Re: More space marines? Oh no!

#2 Post by Ashnari Doomsong »

Fixed the title for you by removing the stupidity.
Oh, and good on you. Um. I guess?
[quote][i]I’m not offering these revisions for Mubarak! I don’t care about this government. What is important is that I killed people—Copts, innocent persons—and before I meet God I should declare my sins.[/i][/quote]

-A condemned man in an Egyptian prison. Now executed.
Elanil

#3 Post by Elanil »

My two sets arrived like a week and a half a go. I'm not the greatest converter and a pretty horrible sculptor and it is causing issues. I obviously don't need two identical SM captains, so I wanted to turn one into a librarian. Replacing the captain's sword with a 'force spear' (read: chaos warrior lance) will be the easy part. His other hand is a bolter and it's sculpted as one piece. I need to turn that into a pointing hand or something else... librarian-y.

I have scratchbuilt two STC rhino bodies. I figure I can magnetize them and just build predator sponsons/turrets and whirlwind turrets and use them as whatever. We'll see, they really don't take long to build. Four to six hours of work can get you a usable tank (unpainted, obviously). I need to build some drop pods, and I haven't tried that yet.

The two dreadnaughts need to have 'seismic hammers' grafted onto them somewhere so they can be ironclads. I may also lengthen their legs with tubing or something. We'll see. Anyhoo... this is the list I plan on using:

HQ :
Space Marine Chapter Master - Power Sword, bolter, artificer armour, digital weapons & standard equipment - 155

Librarian - Standard Equipment - 100

Troops:
Tac Squad (10) - Missile Launcher & Flamer - 170
Rhino - 35

Tac Squad (10) - Plasma Gun & Lascannon (both converted) - 190
Rhino - 35

Elites:
Terminator Squad (8) - Assault cannon - 320
Landraider Crusader - 250

Ironclad Dreadnaught - Drop Pod - 170

Ironclad Dreadnaught - Drop Pod - 170

Heavy Support:
Predator - 60

Total: 1495

I can then throw in another land raider for a 1750 battle or two more for a 2000 point battle. That's a lot of land raiders, but since they will all be scratchbuilds I don't care.
Toran

#4 Post by Toran »

I converted the Black Reach Dreadnought to Ironclad before they released a model for it, and was kind of disappointed with what they came out with. I saw more of a regular dreadnought with extra plating and a much more hammerish seismic hammer.

On the list, I like devastator squads and the Redeemer, but thats more just personal preference
No plan survives contact with the enemy
Elanil

#5 Post by Elanil »

I'm not really sure if it's appropriate to post pictures in this forum, but when I get some pictures of what I've been doing I will do so.
Elanil

#6 Post by Elanil »

I'm just going to add a linky to my blog on Bolter & Chainsword. It's where I'll be updating my progress and including thoughts on my army's background.

Link.
Toran

#7 Post by Toran »

That Librarian looks suitably epic
No plan survives contact with the enemy