Meet da green herouz!!!

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ramesesis

Meet da green herouz!!!

#1 Post by Ramesesis »

Anyone that knows about one of the best movies ever made, Kellys heroes? Well, my orkz are a tribute to that movie, and all units are more or less based on stuff from that movie. I am working on naming all my character somewhat properly.

HQ

Warboss Kellie
Twin linked shoota, Powerclaw, heavy armour, Cybork body and bosspole. 110 points

Troops

Big Joes nobz mob
7 Nobz, including Zergant Big Joe.
Big Joe got a twin-linked shoota and a bosspole. The others got slugga and chopa. All have heavy armour and stikkbombs.
Transport:
Oddballs bestest tank
Battlewagon with Kannon & 4 big shootas. Ard case, Reinforced ram and Grot riggers. 337

Kellies Ard ladz
10 Ard Shoota boyz plus 1 nob.
The nob have a Bosspole, slugga and choppa. All have stikkbombs and one Ard boy carries a big Shoota.
Transport:
Trukk with big shoota, armour plates, grot rigger & reinforced ram. 195

Kilroys Bridger ladz
11 Slugga boys & Zergant Kilroy
Kilroy got a Boss pole, power claw & heavy armour.
Transport:
Da armoured Trakktur (counts as a trukk)
Big shoota, Boarding planks, wrecking ball and stikkbomb chukka. 171

Elites

Little Joes Kommandoz
5 Kommandoz and Koporal Little Joe
Little Joe got a Bosspole, powerclaw and heavy armour. The unit also have 2 big shootas. 115

Oddballs tank tinkerers
3 Burna boyz with Korporal Oddball and Mek Moriarti (gamewise, both Oddball and Moriarti counts as Meks).
Oddball got a Big shoota and Moriarti got a Kustom blasta. They also have 2 grot oilers.

Turkz tankbustaz
5 Tankbustaz and Viz Koporal Turk. 2 Tankhammers & 2 bombsquigs.

Fast attack

Da Green Ooman Air ladz
3 Speed freaks Deefkoptaz with twin linked rokkits and Bigbomms 180

(In the movie, the US army air force, twice manages to put spammer in the works for our heroes. This reflects a stark reality when during the start of the European campaign in 1944, the 9th US army air corp became nicknamed “The American Luftwaffe” for it´s ability to bomb friend and foe alike. It went so far as one US commander finally ordered his troops to open fire on ANY aircraft getting too close to their formation, regardless of nationality. A running joke, maybe even on both sides of the frontline went somewhat like this:

“When Luftwaffe bombs, the allies ducks, when RAF Bombs, the german ducks. But when the US army air force bombs, everyone ducks!“)

Heavy support

The Boomwagon
One looted wagon with Boomgun, 2 Rokkit launchaz, Armour plates and grot riggers. 140
(It is loosely inspired by the howitzer armed halftrack in the move)

Molligans Mortaz
2 Lobbas (fluffwise looted mortars) + 2 Ammo runts and Runtherder Molligan. 56

1499 points total!

I know it is not the most hardcore list out there, but I reckon that despite being a theme based list, it is not too shabby either!

I am nourishing a dream of taking this to a local tournament that also have their very own game "Kellys heroes" where you replay the famous street chase between the Tiger tanks and Oddballs lonely Sherman. But I need 1750 points more to get there, since that is the point level of their 40K tournament. Infact, it might even be 1850 points.

What do you think of this list, but from a game perspective, but also from a creative and theme perspective?

If you are interested in knowing more about this project, check the link to my blog in my signature.

WAAAGH!
Telnor

Re: Meet da green herouz!!!

#2 Post by Telnor »

That's a pretty cool theme, I'm thinking I'm gonna base my Guard army off the U.S. 1st Army Division ( gonna name it the 2nd Armored Division as there name is better).

you know I have never seen that movie....always wanted too, I guess now I have to any movie cool enough to base an army off of has to be good!

oh and by the way have I seen you on Tau Online?
"Don't Lower your spears Until you see the White of their Eyes.... and when you do POKE'EM INNA EYE."

Sea Guard Captain of the Eagle Ship TALON
Ramesesis

#3 Post by Ramesesis »

Yes indeed! You have seen me on Tauonline. I am not that regular, but I do pop in there now and then!

Kellys heroes is one of the best movies ever made! You gotta see it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhKnEo9ZyEs
Giladis
The Merlord

#4 Post by Giladis »

You are little low on the numbers side Rammy. My Space Wolf force outnumbers you and that can't be a good thing.
Ramesesis

#5 Post by Ramesesis »

Eyyy! Woo cares about some stoopid marineboyz! We´re da Orkz an we was made ta fight and win! :P

Giladis, it is a themed force, it is not meant to be optimized for competitive play. I will add a fourth troop choice in the future, probably a bunch of gretchins since they are cheap and perfect for holding an objective (looting it while the boyz press onwards and occupies the foe) :mrgreen:
saintjon

#6 Post by saintjon »

I know you're looking to simulate a tank but that 'ard case on the battlewagon is going to limit it's usefulness as a transport IMO. Themewise it seems very cool, although I've never seen Kelly's heroes. I tend to agree that you could certainly use some more boyz out there though. Think you've got a few too many points in elites. 3 burnas with 2 meks might not do too much good without a transport but with those points you could almost get a whole other mob on the table. I say this with all due respect though, I suspect you'll have a lot of fun playing since almost everything there seems to be analogous with something from the movie. Those boyz are going to have some serious fights on their hands so it's fitting they are named for heroes.
Ramesesis

#7 Post by Ramesesis »

20 shootaboyz awaits painting, so there will be more of the boyz! :mrgreen: