Need LOTR Heroes

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Original Dragon Prince

Need LOTR Heroes

#1 Post by Original Dragon Prince »

Hey folks, I'm dusting off my Lord of the Rings armies for the new War of the Ring game and I'm looking for two hero models that are no longer available by themselves from GW. If anyone has a Gil-Galad or Eomer on foot that they would be willing to sell or trade for something please send me a pm. Thanks!
Warhammer, at it's core, is a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. As long as all choices in an army book fall under these categories, with their inherent strengths and weaknesses, there is balance. Imbalance occurs when the designers make a Rock that is immune to Paper. Daemon Princes, Ironblasters, etc.
Raukov

#2 Post by Raukov »

You can't get Gil-galad any more? That sucks
[size=75][b]Azreghai Wormkin, Ghöl of the North, Eater of the Dead, Plague-Wight of Onogal[/b]

30/4/5 : 387 kills

[i]Maggot Fetus, rapture of the conqueror worm,
Blackest Venom, the ghost in the carcass womb
Teeth like thorns, carrier of plague and filth
Spine crawler, plague-bearing virus-child[/size][/i]
Original Dragon Prince

#3 Post by Original Dragon Prince »

You can get Gil-Galad, but he comes paired with Elrond who I already have since they used to be sold separately. I also have a mounted Eomer, but I need a foot version in case he gets his horse shot out from under him. I really wish GW still had their bits department.
Warhammer, at it's core, is a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. As long as all choices in an army book fall under these categories, with their inherent strengths and weaknesses, there is balance. Imbalance occurs when the designers make a Rock that is immune to Paper. Daemon Princes, Ironblasters, etc.
The Ogrob Returns

#4 Post by The Ogrob Returns »

For War of the Ring, all you really need foot Eomer for is if you plan to put him in infantry formations.

Horses and riders are one profile, and heroes don't even pay for horses, they just appear if the hero joins a cavalry formation.

It's a very different game.
We must not remind them that [b]giants[/b] walk the earth.