Kellies heruz goes downtown - 1250 Ork vs Eldar Cityfight

A forum for all other games which don't fit into the other gaming forums. Elves (and other races) in other tabletop wargame systems. The place to discuss systems like, Mordheim, Warmachine, Infinity and Warthrone. But also topics that relate to any other game such as 40K, Dropzone Commander, board games or PC/Console gaming belong here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ramesesis

Kellies heruz goes downtown - 1250 Ork vs Eldar Cityfight

#1 Post by Ramesesis »

I love Cities of Death. It is one of the best book GW ever made. My son like it aswell, so today, he brought his Eldars (formerly my eldars) against my Orkz to fight for the glory (well, my lads mostly fights for the loot, but that is another story.

A short description of the forces goes like this:

Kelliez Heruz - 1250 points

Warboss Kellie
(Kitted to match the Warboss from AoBR)

Weirdboy Oddball
+Warphead

Troops
7 Nobz

10+1 Ard Shoota Boys with Trukk

19+1 Slugga boyz

Elites
5+1 Kommandoz

4+1 Lootas

Fast attack
3 Deff koptaz with rokkits and bigbooms

Heavy support
Looted Dark eldar Raider with Skorcha & 2 Big shootas.

The fickle space pixies

HQ
Farseer with Doom and Eldritch storm

Troops
10 Dire Avengers with Exarch

10 Dire Avenger

15 Guardians with Warlock and bright lance

15 Guardians with Warlock and bright lance

3 Jetbikes with Shuriken cannon and Warlock

Heavy support
War walker with Bright lance and Scatter laser

Eldar Falcon with Pulse laser and Scatter laser.

2 Shadow weavers

We played Gamma and also places many wrecks and extra stuff on the table.
My son had barricades and tank traps as stratagems

My orkz took Infiltrate to get max use from the Kommandoz and Combat Engineer since I had no objective marker to have an Ammo dump. I constantly forgot that Engineer strat, tough. :P

I moved first and sent Kellie with his Ard boyz on their trukk on a flanking maneuver, using the buildings for protection and to circumvent my sons defensive barricades and obstacles. My Looted Wagon also hunkered as I was uncertain about whether to load the Nobz and Oddball onto it or have it sally forth on it´s own. Lootas had nothing good to shoot at and my large mob of boyz moved in for a factorium in the center that we had decided was worth two flags.
My Kommandoz sneaked up close to a wall of a house they planed to clear out so the Nobz could move in and claim. Meanwhile, the Nobz and Oddball planted the flag in one building on my side.

Oddball was cleary a most crappy Warphead. He never got the right power for the right moment, EVER, or at least he never passed his psychic test when something was valuable! He was hillarious.
Most likely he ran around complaining to the nobz how they must stop giving him them bad vibes... ;D

My son moved desicively, setting up his Walker to cover the lane Kellie and the Ard boyz trukk would have to take. Luckily, my Deffkoptaz was in the way so he fired on them instead, destroying one.

A unit of Dire Avengers and the farseer climbed the roof a building on my right side of the table, the same that the Kommandoz hunkered by, and started to terrorize the Nobz and Oddball with eldritch storm and Shuriken fire. At the same time, the Shadow weavers, the Jet bikes and the Falcon started to pour fire into my large mob of boyz, managing to cut it below half, but the Nob restored order with extreme prejudice and after bashing some heads the boyz stuck around, preparing for another assault.

In my second turn, The Deffkoptaz swooped forward to take revenge upon the War walker, the Lootas opened up on the jetbikes together with my Looted Wagon and droped two.
The slugga boyz managed to climb over the obstacles and enter the factorium and the Kommandoz climbed the building before them swiftly and nimbly, to face the farseer and his Dire Avengers.

Kellie and his Ard boyz followed carefully behind the Deffkoptaz with his trukk, and the deffkoptaz managed to stun the walker.

After first spraying the Eldars before them with burning fuel and lead, droping only one, the Kommandoz pilled in and started to crack heads. They lost one of their numbers but then killed ever Dire avenger on the roof, forcing the farseer and his 3 remaining bodyguards to flee.

In his second turn, my son retaliated in full. The Guardians took up good positions to cover his half and hold a barricade. They failed to down the Looted Wagon, but the other squad, helped by a vengeful single Eldar jetbike and the Shadow weavers slayed the last of the Slugga boyz. It was starting to be really nice piles of deads now...

The second dire avenger squad sallied forth from their secure position and sprayed the Lootas with so much shuriken fire that they droped all four, leaving the Mek, who was standing portected on the bottom floor cause there had been no space for him, all alone. But he passed the "Last ork standing" test, and prepared to take revenge.
The Falcon sprayed the Kommandoz, droping three, leaving only the Nob and the big shoota kommando. But they stayed.

In my third round, the decimated Nobz squad crept up close to the Factorium, preparing to charge inside through a small opening next round. Oddball passed his psychic test this time, but since all he did was giving his unit +1 Attack until next turn, it was of no use anyway.
He was proving a good laugh, though.

The kommandoz moved to the edge of the building, spraying the eldars below with lead. The Deffkoptaz moved forward to try and kill the Walker for good, but just stunned it again.
Kelliez trukkers moved around the corner now, and unloaded their number beside the Dire Avengers. It was payback time. The sprayed them with bullets and then charged them.
The Mek moved to the rooftop, firing at the single jetbike claiming the tower of the Factorium but missed it.

As it was time for assaults, the two kommandoz gave up a loud "Geronimo!" (or more likely "Waaagh!) and leaped down into the eldars below. The farseer and his Dire Avengers had wisely given some extra space to the deadly Kommandoz, who came up against one of the Guardian squads.

Battle was brutal and bloody.
Kelliez boys sent the Dire avengers before them running for their lives, but the Guardians held their ground, despite the Kommando nob killing four. They also droped the Big shoota ork so now the Kommando Nob was on his own.

My son could not do do that much. He fired at Kellies boyz with Shadow weavers, but they only took out one. They also weathered a storm of shots from the second guardian squad loosing a pair of their own to them. But nothing to be scared of, Kellie was around and their trukk followed, providing some cover fire.

The Falcon blasted the Looted Wagon to bits and the Guardians and their warlock held their ground and put a wound into the Kommando Nob.

In my fourth turn Kellie declared a "WAAAGH!" and his squad barrelled forward toward the second guardian squad. The Deff koptaz gave up on the War Walker and flew over the Fleeing Dire avenger to drop a Big Bomm on them.

The remaining Nobz and Oddball had sneaked into the Factorium the turn before and now first climbed a floor, readying themselves to climb the rest and charge the lone jetbike. But now... in this very moment. Oddball made a true connection with the Great green.
In his most infinite confussion, he teleported his squad away from their prized target, trying to get them to the empty building to the right, but scattering hillariously and ended up almost where they started. The largest Nob had a thing or two to say to Oddball after that! ;D

The lone Mek took careful aim and with one true shot blasted the War walker apart with his Kustom mega blasta. Job well done!

The Big Bomm from the Deff koptaz failed utterly, but Kellies mob barrelled into the other Guardian squad, and despite the plunky Warlock giving him a wound with his witchblade, they smashed and cliped some eldars and sent them packing!

My son managed to rally all his fleeing units in his turn, and the Dire Avenger blasted the Deff koptaz out of the sky. The Falcon saw Kellie around a corner and opened up, leaving him with one wound. The massed fire of the remants of the Eldar squads droped more Ard Boyz, but Kellie and the Nob kept them in place.

With all this great carnage and mayhem in the streets, me and my son decided to call it a day and decided it would have been a draw in the end.

Now, I must get myself more trukks. I seem unable to use big mobs of ork boyz properly. :P
VictorK

#2 Post by VictorK »

I just have one question...Did you model an Ork to look like Clint Eastwood?
Ramesesis

#3 Post by Ramesesis »

Not yet! :P

See, Kellie is the Warboss from Black Reach.

But I did choose proper head when I assembled Oddball! :wink: With a tank cap and a cig in the mouth.