Azur Avalornguard

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

azur

Azur Avalornguard

#1 Post by azur »

Hello!

Im a long time high elves collector, that recently (almost a year) started again after more then 10 year out of the hobby (Apart from reading some novels and the occasionaly running into a LFGS and dreaming anway and do some small shopping)

Anyway long story short i moved to another Country, awhile ago and run onto this local shop and i basically just got back into the hobby.. Had my parents searching the house for the old models and had them sent over!

After having a look at the sad mess that once where my proud models i decided i needed a completely new painting scheme. and since the models where mostly done when i was around ~16 year old the models...wasnt in such good shape.

But i quickly fell in love with a green paint scheme instead of the old 5th edition army book standard (red)

I try to update with some pictures when i done some progress sadly the models looks better in real then on these pictures so if anyone has any tips how to photograph them.. please share!

now i dont want this to be a wall of text so i just add some pictures of the progess instead. =)

SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Azur Avalornguard

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Good going azur!

I particularly like the Phoenix standard.
azur

#3 Post by azur »

Thanks!

The phoenix standard is started as a combined army filler. And objective marker etc. Its placed on a 25mm round based thats hidden with greenstuff and some static grass. Since Age of Sigmar my interesst in my precious elves sadly decreased a bit and i found my way into 40K. But the secret santa slowly makes my fingers tingle for fantasy again!! =)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

azur wrote:But the secret santa slowly makes my fingers tingle for fantasy again!! =)
Get stuck in!

It's always good to have an excuse for painting.

:)
azur

#5 Post by azur »

I was experimenting with the camera a bit and was able to get some better photos on some of my characters and some WIP

first of my prince on foot.

My Queen

SM champion

Chariot WIP

Dragon WIP

And the reason the WIP are still WIP and not finished >.<

behold the devourer!!

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#6 Post by SpellArcher »

I like your colour tones.