The Twins - A Nagarythe/Caledor force

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

White Noise

The Twins - A Nagarythe/Caledor force

#1 Post by White Noise »

Hi everyone!

I'm White Noise and this my twin armies blog, I don't fully know how this will pan out but here goes..

The two areas of Ulthuan I will be focusing on are Nagarythe and Caledor, one force will be Caledonian elite. Mainly heavy cavalry and elite infantry supported by some archers and fire mages. The look for the army should be one of extreme grandeur as if not a penny has been spared in equipping and arming them.

This is going to be somewhat polarised by my second force which will be from the war torn land of Nagarythe, the force will focus almost entirely on large infantry core blocks with support from light cav, shadow warriors and white lions. I have some constraints in selection (points wise) that should reflect this. Whilst I would like the army to feel poorer they should still look disciplined and veteran.

First off the colour schemes:

Caledor: red armour, gold armour accent, charcoal grey robes, green gems
Nagarythe: silver armour + purple wash, sky grey robes, bright purple gems

Next will be two lists one for each side and totalling 1000pts
White Noise

Re: The Twins - A Nagarythe/Caledor force

#2 Post by White Noise »

I intend to start both teams at 500 points and escalate with around 250 points every two months. Currently I am travelling so the actual painting will have to wait. Here goes the first list:

**I don't have the book with me so some numbers may be off, please tell me if they are**

500pt Jade Dragons list (Caledor if you didn't guess)
Hero - Noble - 110pts. (Don't know what I am putting on him)
Core - 5 Silver Helms - shields, command - 145pts
Spec - 5 Dragon Princes - command - 175pts
Spec - 1 Tiranoc Chariot - 70 pts(?)
500 pts

I'm not sold on the name so I may change it

The back story of the Jade Dragons revolves around the city of Tor Sethai. It was decided after the events of the Sundering, by the collection of Princes and Nobles that remained that an elite force would be necessary in the defence of the city. Since the time of its introduction the Jade Dragons have steadily transformed from a battle hardened, elite cavalry force into merely a rite of passage for young nobles within the city. They stand guard in decorative armour but seldom use their gleaming weapons.

This was until a New Prince was selected to lead the Dragons and since then has attempted to return them to their former glory.
White Noise

Re: The Twins - A Nagarythe/Caledor force

#3 Post by White Noise »

The second of the two forces is the Nagarythe force.

500pt list:
Blacktalon Elves
Hero - Noble - 90pts (less points than Caledor to symbolise less wealth)
Core - 20 Spears - Shields, Command - 230pts
Core - 10 Archers - 100pts
Core - 5 Reavers - 80pts
Total: 500 pts

A small group of the Tor Dranil militia, these elves are bitter from the years of fighting and their out casting from the rest of Ulthuan. They fight with what they have but their discipline and staunch faith more than makes up for their lack of armament. Where the Caledorians have brute force the Nagarythi rely on guile and forcing missplays.