Gandalf_82's Battle Log

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Gandalf_82

Re: Gandalf_82's Battle Log

#31 Post by Gandalf_82 »

Ok I'm after peoples opinions on what I should paint next. I'm thinking a unit of PG but would appreciate anyone else's thoughts.

Currently painted by my own hand I've got:

1 Mage

1 Noble on Foot BSB

24 White Lions

18 Archers

31 Spearmen

5 Reavers (not far off finished, will finish before starting the next model/unit)

2 RBT's

1 Flamespyre Phoenix (Often use this as a Frosty I must admit!)

I tend not to use the Spearmen most of the time so any suggestions to include them in a viable list appreciated. I just cant seem to make them work well in games. I'm just aiming to get 2.4k of painted troops on the table as my first priority!
RE.Lee

#32 Post by RE.Lee »

Phoenix Guards are a great unit. Their ward save makes them very tough and they are a great target for buffs - a simple Wildform changes them into positive killing machines! Because of that, they have nice synergy with a Loremaster.
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Rogue Trader

#33 Post by Rogue Trader »

Can't help with any tactics but really enjoyed the battle reports.
Gandalf_82

#34 Post by Gandalf_82 »

RE.Lee wrote:Phoenix Guards are a great unit. Their ward save makes them very tough and they are a great target for buffs - a simple Wildform changes them into positive killing machines! Because of that, they have nice synergy with a Loremaster.
Yeah I field them a fair bit and love their staying power. Do you usually bother with a banner on them and if so which one? I am often torn whether or not to have them with the Razor banner...

Rogue Trader wrote:Can't help with any tactics but really enjoyed the battle reports.
Thanks. I haven't written any up in ages but New Years resolution is to write up at least one every month next year! I enjoy writing them and its good to get peoples feedback as well as reviewing your own games properly as you write em up. :)