Cëloril Le'fer's BatReps and stuff - Updated 2017-10-17

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Celoril Le'fer

Re: Cëloril Le'fer's BatReps and stuff - Updated 2017-10-17

#91 Post by Celoril Le'fer »

Had I had a bit more power over deployment this would have been easier as well. The Drakons (Eagles) going over to the right flank not too bad - they could do work there. But I had hoped to have them closer to the action.

We were actually surprised how quickly the crossbows could get into a good position.

I asked the others to summarise their game as well. Let's see if I can get it up today or tomorrow as well.
[color=#FF4040]High Elves[/color]
[color=#800080]Skaven[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Vampire Counts[/color]
[color=#BF0040]Space[/color] [color=#FFBF00]Orks[/color]
[color=#008040]Rohan[/color]
[color=#008040]Dark[/color] [color=#FFBF00]Angels[/color]

Check out my [url=http://poisontail.wordpress.com/]hobby blog[/url]!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#92 Post by Prince of Spires »

Celoril Le'fer wrote: We were actually surprised how quickly the crossbows could get into a good position.
They moved fairly fast. But still it cost them a turn of shooting. Which might have been only a couple of bodies going down. But it could have made a difference later on.

Please do put more games on. I love reading them, even if I don't always have time to react to them. :)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Celoril Le'fer

#93 Post by Celoril Le'fer »

Here's the second game in the mini-campaign. I face a Boulderguard Forces of Nature - a lot of high defense units that still pack a punch. Click the image to get to the battle report.

Thanks for reading!

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#94 Post by SpellArcher »

Really nice shots of your colourful models Cëloril.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#95 Post by Prince of Spires »

Congrats on the win. I can't really comment on the battle, since my Kings of War knowledge is limited. But it was a fun read at least. And I agree with SA that the photo's give some great shots of your lovely models. So thanks for sharing.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Celoril Le'fer

#96 Post by Celoril Le'fer »

Time for a little bit of Stormcasts again - now Nyave Blacktalon. With her I feel more sure of the colour scheme I've chosen..

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#97 Post by SpellArcher »

Celoril Le'fer wrote:With her I feel more sure of the colour scheme I've chosen..
I agree, white and gold can be tricky but she's nice. Good contrast from the red too.
Celoril Le'fer

#98 Post by Celoril Le'fer »

SpellArcher wrote:
Celoril Le'fer wrote:With her I feel more sure of the colour scheme I've chosen..
I agree, white and gold can be tricky but she's nice. Good contrast from the red too.
Thanks. :) Personally, it was more that I felt too close to a theme that could be described as "princessy" or "my little pony-ish". Now I am comfortable enough to say I can live with that :D

Now it was time for another 7th edition battle report, again with the 6th ed armybooks. But this time against the Dark Elves, not the Beastmen who I have fought a few times when going back to 7th. I think we both are comfortable playing 7th, which surprises me a little as this buddy loves his grand armies. But I am happy his playing with me so I won't complain. Next I think we'll try out the 7th army books a few times just because there is so much more to choose from. The elite infantry choices are all the same, but the differences between them are brought out so much more in 7th ed - and you're getting away from all the 0-1 annoyances. In the end, I think we are playing on the same level to the extent that we can play more or less any source without rocking the boat too much.

So much that I consider running 8th ed army books with 7th ed magic and 7th ed rules - could be fun... Anyone tried it?

SpellArcher
Green Istari

#99 Post by SpellArcher »

Celoril Le'fer wrote:The elite infantry choices are all the same, but the differences between them are brought out so much more in 7th ed - and you're getting away from all the 0-1 annoyances.
All three are also much stronger than in 6th. Mind you, Dark Elves got an even bigger power boost with their 7th book.
Celoril Le'fer wrote:So much that I consider running 8th ed army books with 7th ed magic and 7th ed rules - could be fun... Anyone tried it?
8th spell Lores tend to have much higher casting values, might be an issue?

The game was interesting Cëloril. You were better at range, your foe had the Monsters, so you'd expect him to be doing the attacking. The Cold Ones seemed a bit lucky to repel the Lions. I was questioning the wisdom of the DE Spear charge but the Dragon (very strong here) in particular cleaned up pretty well afterwards. The rider dying was a surprise, how much protection did he have? You seemed to pick enough other stuff off too.