Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: 109)

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Adasi

Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: Throne of Skulls)

#1 Post by Adasi »

Hi All,

So rather than spam the boards up with an individual topic for each battle report now, i'm just going to post them here in one topic. I do intend on back dating this topic to include all links at some point but for simples sake:

Click here to go straight to my YouTube page

They are mainly High Elves and Ogre Kingdoms battle reports, with a few deviances into Tomb kings and soon to be a 1k escalation league with Bretonians.

I've recently started attending quite a lot of tournaments in the UK scene and so hopefully this channel will serve as a good learning platform for others?

Please like/comment/subscribe...and i hope you enjoy them!

052 - High Elves vs Dark Elves - Game 1 of Clash of Swords 2013
053 - High Elves vs Dwarves - Game 2 of Clash of Swords 2013
054 - High Elves vs Skaven - Game 3 of Clash of Swords 2013
055 - High Elves vs High Elves - Game 4 of Clash of Swords 2013
056 - High Elves vs High Elves - Game 5 of Clash of Swords 2013
057 - Ogres vs High Elves
058 - High Elves vs Tomb Kings - Game 1 of Blood and Glory
059 - High Elves vs Warriors of Chaos - Game 2 of Blood and Glory
060 - High Elves vs High Elves - Game 3 of Blood and Glory
061 - High Elves vs Beastmen - Game 4 of Blood and Glory
062 - High Elves vs Warriors of Chaos - Game 5 of Blood and Glory
063 - High ELves vs Dark Elves - Game 6 of Blood and Glory
Blood and Glory Review - Quick run down of my thoughts on the above tournament
064 - Ogres vs Lizardmen
065 - High Elves vs NEW Dark Elves
066 - High Elves vs Lizardmen
067 - High ELves & Empire vs Brets & Empire - Game 1 of Doubles Tournament
068 - High Elves vs Dwarves & Empire - Game 2 of Doubles Tournament
069 - High Elves & Empire vs High ELves & Empire - Game 3 of Doubles Tournament
October Update 2013
070 - Khorne Demons vs [Triple Header] Ogres, Empire and Skaven
071- Khorne Demons vs Ocrs n Goblins (Interclub Team Tournament game 1)
072 - Khorne Demons vs Vampires {Interclub team Tournament game 2)
073 - Khorne Demons vs Warriors of Chaos (Interclub Team Tournament Game 3)
074 - Khorne Demons vs High Elves - Game 1 of Bjorn Supremacy
075 - Khorne Demons vs Ogres - Game 2 of Bjorn Supremacy
076 - Khorne Demons vs Lizardmen - Game 3 of Bjorn Supremacy
077 - Khorne Demons vs Warriors - Game 4 of Bjorn Supremacy
078 - Khorne Demons vs Warriors - Game 5 of Bjorn Supremacy
079 - Khorne Demons vs Warriors - Game 6 of Bjorn Supremacy (3rd in a row!)
080 - High Elves vs Dark Elves
081 - High Elves vs Dark Elves
082 - High Elves vs Vampires
083 - High Elves vs Dark Elves
084 - Ogres vs Skaven - Birthday game 1
085 - Ogres vs Dwarves - Birthday game 2
Twist of Fate Draw - The live draw of the first tournament i ran and my thoughts and tips for new people attending their 1st tournaments
086 - High Elves vs Skaven
087 - High Elves vs Orcs - Yorkshire Open Heats Round 1
088 - High Elves vs Beastmen - Yorkshire Open Heats Round 2
089 - High Elves vs Dark Elves - Yorkshire Open Heats Round 3
090 - High Elves vs Wood Elves - Sheffield Slaughter Round 1
091 - High Elves vs Empire - Sheffield Slaughter Round 2
092 - High Elves vs Empire - Sheffield SLaughter Round 3
093 - High Elves vs Skaven - Sheffield Slaughter Round 4
094 - High Elves vs High Elves - Sheffield Slaughter 5
095 - High Elves vs Lizardmen - Sheffield Slaughter Round 6
096 - High Elves vs Warriors of Chaos
097 - High ELves vs Dark Elves
098 - High Elves vs Orcs & Goblins - Estalian Gold 2 Round 1
099 - High Elves vs Dark Elves - Estalian Gold 2 Round 2
100 - High Elves vs Ogres - Estalian Gold 2 Round 3
101 - High Elves vs New Dwarves
102 - Ogres vs Dark Elves
"Might Makes Right" ETC Draw and Round 1 Discussion
103 - High Elves vs Empire
104 - Ogres vs Empire
105 - Ogres vs Dark Elves - Might Makes Right Round 1
106 - Ogres vs Dark Elves - Might Makes Right Round 2
107 - Ogres vs Vampires - Might Makes Right Round 3
108 - Ogres vs Dwarves
109 - Khorne Daemons vs Tomb Kings
110 - Ogres vs Chaos Dwarfs - Yorkshire Open Finals Round 1
111 - Ogres vs Orcs - Yorkshire Open Finals Round 2
112 - Ogres vs Lizardmen - Yorkshire Open Round 3
113 - I have no idea how I skipped a number??
Return to Tollheim Round 1 Draw- Draw for my tournament at The Outpost
114 - Ogres vs Warriors of Chaos - Throne of Skulls Round 1
115 - Ogres vs Nurgle Daemons - Throne of Skulls Round 2
116 - Ogres vs High Elves - Throne of Skulls Round 3
117 - Ogres vs Ogres - Throne of Skulls Round 4
118 - Ogres vs New Wood Elves - Throne of Skulls Round 5

Regards

Adam
Last edited by Adasi on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.
[url=http://theglitteringhost.blogspot.com]The Glittering Host - My Newby High Elves Blog[/url] - following my re-introduction to painting and wargaming
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Adam Sinclair's YouTube Battle Reports (057 Ogres vs High El

#2 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Heh I subscribed just before Clash of Swords, I wondered if you were on here, didn't know it was you mate ^_^
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Adasi

Re: Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: Blood and Glory)

#3 Post by Adasi »

Updated with all 6 Blood and Glory Games. Post tournament video to be added soon
[url=http://theglitteringhost.blogspot.com]The Glittering Host - My Newby High Elves Blog[/url] - following my re-introduction to painting and wargaming
Vindicare

#4 Post by Vindicare »

Poor TK guy. That Convocation really took him to the cleaners...
Adasi

#5 Post by Adasi »

to be fair - if it didn't - they were going to take one of my units to the cleaners!

i guess its the flip side of taking a star unit...when they go wrong - so does your whole gameplan
teep

#6 Post by teep »

Hey Adam, teep from Munich here - congrats on the good showing at Blood and Glory mate, I hope you got some boost out of tieing in for second best HE general and that you keep going on fielding the Asur - our kind is rare enough on youtube as it is, but I'm sure there are many aspiring beginners like me who benefit a great deal from your reports.

With the tourney all done and dusted, I would like to know if you feel like discussing your list and general tactics a bit, especially the evolution of your army - I kinda went the reverse route going from a pure infantry army to a more balanced approach including a mid size cav hammer and I still need to learn how to play them helms :)
Adasi

Re: Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: 064 Ogres vs Lizard

#7 Post by Adasi »

Updated with Blood and Glory review and 064 - Ogres vs Lizardmen

@teep - Thanks! Its nice to know they're helping other learn form my mistakes! I think I might do a video on the breakdown of my armies and why the choices that are there are there as I don't think i'd change much to adapt to Dark Elves
teep

Re: Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: 064 Ogres vs Lizard

#8 Post by teep »

Sounds great :) Considering your latest tourney experiences, how do you feel about the changes in your list? Are you missing the sisters much? And what about your characters? I think downgrading from Prince to Noble is a great way to save points while keeping the Helms still quite threatening, but I'm curious to find out more about your reasoning behind your BSB's kit.
I usually build him to be more survivable, with some extra flavor for the grind, but I'm kinda intrigued by the anti-magic tank approach of yours :D
I guess, the BSB's kit is very much linked to the role of the Helms, so I would love some elaboration on that - right now, I'd say breaking stuff on the charge and/or taking on big baddies with magical attacks is part of the job descripton, which might be a lot more effective overall than adding some staying/grinding power...

Another thing I'd like to learn more about is the inclusion of a support caster - of course I wouldn't mind having a bit of variety, but I never seem to find the points, even with 2500 points^^. Speaking of numbers, what would you do with your current (B&G) list, if you had a 100 more points at your disposal?
Adasi

Re: Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: 065 HE vs NEW DE)

#9 Post by Adasi »

Updated with first game against the new Dark Elves
Aerendar Valandil

#10 Post by Aerendar Valandil »

Great report Thankx.
The Silly Dragon

#11 Post by The Silly Dragon »

In the latest BR (new DE) you say you pursued with your Phoenix and caught all the units that fled (the Execs, Cold Ones, Hydra) and I am pretty sure you have to choose one to pursue if you have multiple units fleeing from you so one of his units would have gotten away as PG would pursue the Execs and the Phoenix goes after Hydra and the Cold Ones get away. Would not have changed anything I just felt like that needed pointing out for future games.

I have seen the Witch Elf horde with Cauldron in action (not against it mind you) and it is powerful IF it gets into combat relatively unharmed and not redirected. Many in my gaming group seems to think the new DE are weaker then our HE and while I do agree that some parts are weaker (while others are stronger) I still think it is too early to say. What was your impression? I know you spoke alittle about it in the video but anything more in depth you want to add as I am likely to face them myself tomorrow with my own HE.
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Vindicare

#12 Post by Vindicare »

I don't think his list is the most optimized list for DE tournament play and to be fair I am not sure yours is either, although your does seem more optimized. I am not competent enough to say whether DE are stronger than HE. HE definitely have their advantages in certain aspects of the game. For one I think the Phoenixes are significantly better than the Hydra and Kharybdis - atleast in that specific matchup. However their Dark Riders seem better than our ellyrian reavers, and I am pretty sure I would rather have both the Warlocks and the Cold One Knights than Dragon Princes of Caledor. Although I am not sure I would exchange them for the fact that I have M9 2+AS Cavalry as core in the form of Silver Helm.

The reroll on 1s to wound is pretty good, even compared to martial prowess. It will be better in certain situations, armies and against certain armies but it can also be worse. Overall I think that the armies are very much on par, but to me it seems that High Elves will have more viable competitive builds.

Btw. I noticed that you complained your Phoenix Guards didn't get rerolls to hit in the fight against the Black Guard (or was it the Executioners). But you would though as your Phoenix's Blizzard Aura would cancel out their ASF, and you would get rerolls unless his models has I7 or more (which I don't believe they do)

Great report as per usual :)
Adasi

#13 Post by Adasi »

yeah that was a cock up on my part - i dod play it righjt on the night i believe - PG will get rerolls against Executuioners anyway as they strike at Initiative value.

Regarding the triple chase - honestly it had never come up in my games before - interesting!
The Silly Dragon

#14 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Adasi wrote: Regarding the triple chase - honestly it had never come up in my games before - interesting!
Its not common to be in combat with multiple units and win so we will let you off :lol:
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Aerendar Valandil

#15 Post by Aerendar Valandil »

I do not remember exactly how you resolved it, but if your unit would have run into a unit that had already fled, it would have been destroyed anyway. Good chances, with a good roll, thet at least two units of the three (?) would have been run down. I think the impact on the game was limited.
The Silly Dragon

#16 Post by The Silly Dragon »

But the Cold Ones would flee in a different direction and the bases of the Phoenix and PG would not have come into contact with both Hydra and Execs.

But anyways it would make very little difference (probably still be a 20-0).
Adasi

#17 Post by Adasi »

aye - the interesting conversations arrising fomr the game are whther the black drgaon eggs attacks are considered magical.

p17 of the BRB clearly says that any damage caused by a magic item counts as a magical attack. Somewhere else in the BRB FAQ states that breath weapons never benefit form any additional benefits or other..

Therefore

1) We should get BotWD save agaisnt the egg.
2) Manbane doesn't affect the egg.
3) the Frost Pheonix's aura doesn't affect the egg

Regarding the ASF issue that people have been discussing both on teh interwebs and my comments section, this is how we play it and how it will be played at my tournament i'm running:

ASF v ASF - both strike at same time but receive no rerolls as per BRB
ASF/ASL v no rules - strike at Ini value and receive no rerolls
ASF v ASF/ASL (as in PG vs Executioners or DE Spears vs Swordmasters) - The ASF troops strike first and receive their rerolls. The ASF/ASL troops strike at initiative order and do NOT receive rerools. This is becasue the BRB clearly states that when a model has both rules they lose the benefits of ASF...of which rerolling hits against equal or lower Ini is one of them.

Further more. A Frost pheonix cannot ever make a model (such as an executioner) strike last as the model already has the ASL rule. this does not stack, therefore, if a unit with ASF is in base contact with a frost pheonix, then it will strike at Initiative order
Vindicare

#18 Post by Vindicare »

Oh ofcourse didn't even consider the fact that Executioners have great weapons. But it's the same as for a Frostheart Phoenix being in combat with them.
Adasi

Re: Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: Double Tourney)

#19 Post by Adasi »

Updated with 4 Battle Reports.

The first is against Games Workshop Sheffield's Manager: Karl Chamberlain and his Lizardmen army, the latter 3 are from a doubles tournament we had at Steel City Wargaming this weekend.

Enjoy
Adasi

Re: Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: Khorne 070-073)

#20 Post by Adasi »

Hi guys,

Update with my recent forays into the world of Pure Khorne Demons.

I've been using them at 1000pts in the slow grow i'm running at the club and used them at 2400 in our recent Interclub competition.

I'll be taking part in Bjorn Supremacy with my demon list (pure Khorne) this coming weekend so expect 6 more BatReps @2400pts using sweedish comp to be forthcoming.

As ever, hope you enjoy...like/comment/subscribe please
Adasi

Re: Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: 074-086)

#21 Post by Adasi »

Original post updated with around 12 videos
teep

Re: Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: 074-086)

#22 Post by teep »

Thanks a lot for these, mate!
Adasi

Re: Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: 087-108)

#23 Post by Adasi »

Hi Guys,

Been a while since i updated the topic, but 've been playing in laods of tournaments it seem.

Original post has now been updated with links to battle reports 087-108 which includes me using High ELves at 3 tournaments including the rather large and hometown tournament "Sheffield Slaughter"

Hope you enjoy

Adam
Adasi

Re: Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: 109)

#24 Post by Adasi »

Updated a club game using my Khorne Daemon army against a Khalida double casket list (109)

Enjoy

Adam
Adasi

Re: Adam Sinclair's YouTube BatReps (Update: Throne of Skull

#25 Post by Adasi »

Original post updated with Yorkshire Open Finals and Throne of Skulls, both with my Ogre army.

Likely back on the High Elves now for future updates till the end of the year

Thanks for watching

Adam