The Defense [ETC]

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Furion

Re: The Defense [ETC]

#91 Post by Furion »

John Rainbow wrote: In my experience a single Frost Phoenix is not usually all that good in an all-comers list. It is also subject to some restrictions in ETC IIRC. More importantly though I have found that the frost bird only really helps in matchups you are already highly likely to win anyway. It doesn't really give you any help in those matchups you are likely to find problematic. For instance, against Ogres it is largely useless and the same can be said of some of the DE builds due to the high number of poisoned attacks they can throw out. These are two of the toughest matchups for HE in my mind and in both the (single) Frosty really isn't a great choice. Couple this with the fact that a single monster is very easy for a lot of armies to deal with when there are no other threats of a similar nature and I think it becomes a better option not to take the bird.
This comment is 100% spot-on. Thank you for answering, John Rainbow!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/followfurion][b]FollowFurion[/b] on youtube for in depth WFB tactics analysis (click!)[/url]