Mals Blog- US Masters

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Malossar
Something Cool

Re: Reforged - Game 1 Analysis

#31 Post by Malossar »

Ok Here's what I'm thinking or a new list:

Lords: 585

Prince - 290
-Dragon Armor, B. Steed, Giant Blade, Dawn Stone, Shield, The Other Tricksters Shard

Archmage - 295 (Lore of Life)
-Level 4, Book of Hoeth, Elven Steed

Heroes: 176

Noble - 176
-Battle Standard, B. Steed, Star Lance, Dragon Helm, Golden Crown, Great Weapon, Shield, Dragon Helm

Core: 632
6x Reavers w. Bows, Spears, Musician - 124
10x Silver Helms w. Shields, Full Command - 260

Special: 468

12x Dragon Princes of Caledor - 468
-Full Command, Banner of the World Dragon, Ogre Blade

Rare: 620
Frost Phoenix
Frost Phoenix
Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower

2481. So 19 left over at this point. I decided to just buff out the Dragon Princes since they'll be rolling with a life wizard anyway. The champ on regrowth will be the first back to life thus the ogre blade makes sense.

If i went back to high magic I'd have to consider dropping the ogre blade.

Thoughts?
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Koradrel of Chrace

#32 Post by Koradrel of Chrace »

Maybe add Talisman of protection to your Archmage for the last couple points?
"In time, his victories could not easily be counted"-Conan the Barbarian
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#33 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Oh yea, when I read the report this morning I meant to comment about not being able to cast after a failed charge, feck I may have been playing this wrong forever~
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
dabber
Tactician

#34 Post by dabber »

Malossar Dragonborne wrote:6x Reavers w. Bows, Spears, Musician - 124
I would think 4x5 with no musicians is better, and only costs 2 more points. Musicians are relatively really expensive on Reavers now.
Malossar
Something Cool

#35 Post by Malossar »

Its an eight point difference with keeping bows and spears but I like the way you think Dabber.

Still leaves 11 points. So maybe a cloak of beards on the archmage? Lets the bus cause fear...

Prince - 290
-Dragon Armor, B. Steed, Giant Blade, Dawn Stone, Shield, The Other Tricksters Shard

Archmage - 295 (Lore of Life)
-Level 4, Book of Hoeth, Elven Steed

Heroes: 176

Noble - 176
-Battle Standard, B. Steed, Star Lance, Dragon Helm, Golden Crown, Great Weapon, Shield, Dragon Helm

Core: 640
5x Reavers w. Bows, Spears - 95
10x Silver Helms w. Shields, Full Command - 260

Special: 468

12x Dragon Princes of Caledor - 468

Rare: 620
Frost Phoenix
Frost Phoenix
Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower

tw1386

#36 Post by tw1386 »

A little trick you can do to get rid of Manglers and fanatics is cast walk between worlds on your Reavers and land on em, take no damage since you are ethereal.
Lecai

#37 Post by Lecai »

Malossar Dragonborne wrote:12x Dragon Princes of Caledor - 468
I would seriously consider giving the Drakemaster the Obsidian Blade here. Armour ignoring hits even if they're S3 are more valuable than just S5 attacks which isn't of much value in the current metagame with the new Empire and WoC imho. You conveniently have the 10pts to spare for the Obs. blade! :wink:

I would also consider Beasts here instead of Life on the Lvl4. Life with just 4 spells to roll for will often make you end up with a terrible selection of spells. You absolutely need to roll Throne AND the other essentials which was why people took the Silver Wand and the Seerstaff with Life. Savage Beasts and Wildform would make the DP bus utterly murder anything in its path and Amber Spear + Curse of Anraheir are both great spells to cast at range! Life is also a very predictable lore to defend against...
Malossar
Something Cool

#38 Post by Malossar »

Game Two tonight against Bretonnians.

This was the list I ended up taking:

Prince Malossar - 290
-B. Elven Steed, Dragon Armor, Shield, Giant Blade, Dawn Stone, The Other Tricksters Shard

Archmage Talossar - 320 (Lore of High Magic)
-Lvl 4, Elven Steed, Khaine's Ring of Fury, Book of Hoeth

Noble Enkago - 176
-Battle Standard, B. Elven Steed, Dragon Armor, Shield, Great Weapon
-Star Lance, Dragon Helm, Golden Crown

5x Reavers w. Spears - 80
10x Silver Helms w. Full Command - 260

12x Dragon Princes - 468

Frost Phoenix
Frost Phoenix
Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower

My opponents list:

Bret Lord w. Valor of the Ideal and other equipment
Lvl 4 Lore of Life w. Str 6 hit dispel Scroll, Crown of Command
Lvl 2 Lore of Life w. Blessing of the Lady Item
BsB w. 1+ rerollable and a biting blade

10x Knights of the Realm w. Standard of Discipline and FC
12x Knights Errant (maybe a magic banner? never came up)
40x Halberds
12x Peasant Archers w. Flaming
12x Peasant Archers w. Flaming
8x Questing Knights
Treb
Treb

So nothing too nasty from the Bret player. He is very strict about letting himself proxy thus the questing knights rather than grail.

Spells:

Archmage - Drain Magic, Walk Between Worlds, Hand of Glory, Apotheosis
Lvl 4 - Throne, Regrowth, Flesh to Stone, Shield of Thornes
Lvl 2 - Dwellers and Awakening of the Wood

Deployment:Sorry lots of deployment pictures this time!

I refused him with the giant building representing a dwarven brewhouse. I knew with my faster movement I'd be able to quickly dance around the knights and hopefully choke the narrow flank with my Death Star and forcing him into bad decisions.

Turn 1 High Elves:

After Vanguards I surged forward. Immediately aiming for the Trebuchets. Phoenixes advance to harrass the halberd block together (thinking 2d6 thunderstomps would be more than enough!) I also made sure to keep the Dragon Princes away from that damn caster with dwellers!

Magic: 5v4 +1 Attack for the Phoenixes

So i push walk between worlds off on the Silver Helms to move them closer to the Trebuchets. We realised later that i might not have been able to walk through his unit, but we decided that the outcome was the same as he fell back with the peg knights to stall the silver helms. Any help here would be appreciated. I also got the bound spell off but failed to do any wounds.

Shooting: Both bolt throwers line up on the questing knights killing 2.

Brettonian Turn 1:

Realizing he was stuck between a rock and a hard place my opponent decides to retreat and wheel around with his own knight buses. The Halberds advance to defend the blessed bulwark while the questing knights gallop toward the bolt throwers. The erranty knights fail their impetuous test and charge my redirecting reavers.

Magic: Stop Throne. He out rolls me for flesh to stone on Peg knights.

Shooting:

Both trebs hit but only kill 3 knights.

Combat: The Reavers manage to sneak a wound through on the erranty knights before being butchered.

High Elf Turn 2:

The Silver Helms and Reavers charge the peg knights. Both Phoenixes charge into the halberd horde. 2 other reaver units charge the peasant archers. Bus advances.

Magic: 3-2 meaning the phoenixes were at -1 str but didn't matter against t3 targets. Even with this low amount of dice i still manage 2 spells through! Book of hoeth is sweet! My opponent has to stop Drain Magic on his Pegs. Hand of Glory inceases the Silver helms to WS 6 and I cast the bound spell though it fails to do any damage.

Shooting: Bolt Throwers deal another 2 wounds to the questing knights. At this point my opponent fails his panic check due to the Valor of the Ideal even with his cold blooded standard!

Combat: Silver Helms and Reavers punish the peg knights who break and are overrun. The pursuit takes the helms and the reavers into contact with two seperate trebuchets.

Reavers slaughter the archers, one overruns and the other reforms into a redirect position.

Phoenixes deal a total of 15 wounds. All but 3 are saved on that damn blessing ward save! 1 phoenix breaks and manages to escape. The other is wounded.

Brettonian Turn 2:

Knights of the Realm declare a charge on the Reavers who flee through the bus. They redirect into the Bus. The Knights errant are forced to reform around the dwarven brewhouse. Brettonian Lord and Questing Knights Rally. Other archer peasants charge the fleeing phoenix in hopes for a lousy flee and a lucky charge roll. My phoenix manages to escape.

Magic: I let throne though and stop the 6 dice attempt at Flesh to Stone

No Shooting.

Combat: Silver helms wreck the trebuchet while the reavers only manage to kill 2 of the crew. The Phoenix and halberds continue their slap fight with another wound off the phoenix and 5 halberds dead. I pass my break test.

Reavers finish trebuchet.

The big combat of the knights of the realm versus the Dragonborn of Caledor is intense. I declare a challenge with my BsB which he accepts with his BsB. I deal a wound and I fail my Golden Crown ward resulting in a drawn challenge. Malossar winds up and hacks down 4 knights where they stood. The champion deals another 2 wounds while the dragon princes manage to sneak one through the tough armor save. MY opponent fails to wound. However, his Lvl 4 is carrying the stubborn crown and they hold their ground.

High Elf Turn 3:

I do some shifty maneuvering and rally the phoenix. Another group of reavers riders into redirect the Knights Errant.

Magic: I cast Drain Magic and Irresitable force. I proceed to denotate killing the champion and 2 other dragon princes. Talossar is sucked into the realm of chaos. Oh well.

Shooting: Fail to hit.

Combat:

Phoenix loses another wound and even though he kills another 5, he fails to hold this time. He passes his test again even after losing a wound (2 left)

Malossar hacks down another 3 knights leaving the champion and the damsel. Enkago cuts down the BsB. Still holds on stubborn.

Brettonian Turn 3:

Erranty knights charge the redirecting reavers. Questing Knights surge back towards the bolt throwers.

Magic: Wizard detonates trying to cast regrowth. She resurects one knight and generates the small blast template that wounds my Prince and no one else.

Shooting: Peasants pull a wound off on the the phoenix.

Combat:

Malossar guts the prophetess and the champion is killed by enkago. I reform to face the knights errant.

Reavers sneak another wound on the erranty knights before being skewered.

Phoenix loses another wound despite killing 4. I finally fail a break check and the same model is caught in the pursuing overrun.

High Elf Turn 4:

The Character Bus charges the Knights errant who elect to take their chances fleeing. I redirect to the flank of the Halberds who hold. The Silver helms decide to also charge the Erranty Knights who roll super low on their flee roll leaving them as prime candidates for a nice charge. The phoenix charges the peasant archers who fail their terror and bolt towards the table. I then redirect to the halberds who also fail their terror. With a final charge declared with my surviving reavers on the halberds they flee off the table.

The silver helms manage to catch the knights errant.

Shooting: Just when i was about to throw the bolt throwers away they come up big killing the last 3 Questing knights and breaking the brettonian lord.

At this point we shake hands and play the final turns out to see if he can get The Lord to rally on double ones but fails.

Losses:

High Elves:
5x Reavers w. Bows and Spears
5x Reavers w. Bows and Spears
Archmage
Frost Phoenix

Brettonians were Tabled:

Massacre to the High Elves. Reactions coming up!
Malossar
Something Cool

Re: Reforged - Game 2 -- Bretonnians

#39 Post by Malossar »

Reactions from Game 2:

Prince - A+

I mean, he's a bad ass on steroids. Watching him cut down 7 Knights of the Realm and a Damsel was pretty impressive. I wish i could get him into some more meaningful combats. Hopefully tomorrow he'll become an Ogre Iron Gut Star Slayer.

Archmage - B

I decided to give High Magic another chance and wasn't disappointed. I did get lucky in a sense that I rolled all of the hex/augment spells meaning I could cast with impunity even in close combat. He did die but it was after the game was already well decided.

Noble - A

Another great game. He didn't even get to use his star lance as my I didn't even get to charge! But even with his great weapon he laid the wood on a BsB and a champion while staying alive.

Core - A+

Really the stars of the game. I mean they did everything! Redirected, killed warmachines and during the deployment phase I had my opponent in a bit of tissy trying to divine my intention. It was incredible watching my chaff destroy and remove almost all of his units so my bus only had to get into one meaningful combat.

Dragon Princes - B

I mean... they stayed alive? Again it was partially deployment and partially my Core doing such an outstanding job that they really just needed to hang around.

Frost Phoenixes - B-

Didn't get to do much this game due to some lousy rolling on my end and some incredible saves by my opponent. However, they did successfully tie up the horde for the entire game and only one of them succumbed to his wounds. Not overly impressive but not a disappointment by any stretch of the imagination.

Bolt Throwers - B-

They hammered the questing knights turn after turn. However they would have died if it weren't for a bad roll on my opponents part. But I guess that's what they're there for... pull wounds off and hope for the best!

~~~

So the army is working and it's working quite well. I do have exactly 1254 points tied up in the dragon prince bus at the moment but of course the characters are more than capable of deploying wherever they like. Without my opponent getting the bus and/or all of the characters they'll be hard pressed to win.

Thanks for reading,

~Mal
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#40 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

You threw both Phoenixes into the horde on their own, that wasn't great but it did tie the unit up pretty well.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Malossar
Something Cool

#41 Post by Malossar »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:You threw both Phoenixes into the horde on their own, that wasn't great but it did tie the unit up pretty well.

Well... if he doesn't make 12/15 5+ ward saves I would have won handily meaning both phoenixes stay and continue thunderstomping at will!
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#42 Post by Curu Olannon »

I have a very hard time following a game when the pictures aren`t taken as board overview ones, preferably at roughly the same angle as well. It seems you did get the better of him though. This list is indeed very strong and I think we`ll be seeing more like it in the weeks and months to come.

The dual Phoenix charge was just unlucky. He`s supposed to really just lay down and die hard. Winning despite of this incident was a great achievement, congrats on a solid game :)
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
Tetengo

#43 Post by Tetengo »

Well done on the win :) Noticed you were taking the lowest dice roll on winds of magic to determine what the Phoenix gets, it should be the highest :)
[i][color=#0080BF]"O Isha, here I stand, on the last shore, a sword in my hand, Ulthuan shall never fall!"[/color][/i]
Malossar
Something Cool

#44 Post by Malossar »

Tetengo wrote:Well done on the win :) Noticed you were taking the lowest dice roll on winds of magic to determine what the Phoenix gets, it should be the highest :)

Sorry for the confusion but the second number is my opponents dispel dice which Is also the highest wind of magic roll.

Curu - I'll try to take better pictures tonight, I get excited and like to take pictures of the action!
Malossar
Something Cool

#45 Post by Malossar »

On Friday I managed to get two games in, one against the classic ogre tournament list and against Orcs and Goblins.

I'm debating on whether to do Battle Reports or just post some pictures. The Ogre Player and I are already looking forward to another rematch because we rolled terrain and generated the Anvil of Vaul meaning that as long as I kept my deathstar around the anvil they were immune to anything that wanted to kill them. It was a long and grinding combat but my Bus suceeded in killing his Death Star and Mournfangs.

The Orc player did everything right, and at the end of the game I still had my Prince, BsB, and the lone Standard Bearer left standing.

The unit is tough as nails. I'm thinking its time to take a different list for friendly play! I have 1254pts wrapped up in one unit which makes it very difficult to defeat my army if they cannot kill the unit or characters.

I'm now open to ideas on whether I should continue the Cavalry route but in a friendlier fashion or swap to a new list entirely!
Findolfin

#46 Post by Findolfin »

Good game against the Bretonians!

I scheduled myself a game in two weeks or so, and was'nt sure if pure cavalry could work without the ranks from our old obligatory infantry core. Seems it does work indeed.

For the 15 strong Dragon Prince bus, it sure does work and actually even worked in old book. Now it's just meaner and tougher. I can see it become a staple despite the point cost, big unit like theses are hardly easy to take out despite the popular notion of anything 600+ points is vulnerable and risky.

Thanks for the report and info :)
A tale of Ellyrion, cavalry army blog:
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=749457#p749457
Painting log:
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=816029#p816029
"We ride until the sun sets..."
Malossar
Something Cool

#47 Post by Malossar »

Alrighty Game 3 time against Ogres

Lvl 4 with Hell Heart and Crown of Command
Bruiser w. Runemaw

16x Iron Guts w. Standard of Discipline
2x6 Bulls w. IF
6x Leadbelchers
3x Sabre Tusks
4x Mournfangs
2x Iron Blasters

My list the same against Bretonnians.

Deployment:

As I said previously, that lovely hill in the center was the splendid Anvil of Vaul (really lucky haha) And with some other features of impassable terrain my opponent was almost forced to hold the center.

And that about wraps up the game. Survive the initial volleys and hammer away with the Death Star. It's brutally efficient.

Ogres Took Turn 1:

Moved up and advanced. Shooting knocks off a unit of reavers and an ironblaster deals 4 wounds to a phoenix.

High Elf Turn 1:

I move up quickly using my reavers to redirect the iron guts and keep them pinned next to the anvil.

Magic grants my phoenixes a 4+ ward save and i manage walk between worlds on the silverhelms to get them moving along the back line.

Shooting: Bolt Throwers drop a mournfang.

Ogre Turn 2:

He hacks through the redirectors and angles. One ironblaster cannot see the phoneix and kills a dragon prince. the other is saved on the 4+ ward.

High Elf Turn 2:

the charge!

And seriously that about wraps up the game. We grind for several long combats and the phoenix keeps the unit alive with his debuff. I then proceed to clean up the rest of the army. I only fail to get one of the bull units and the leadbelchers tucked away in the tower.

~~~~

I've been receiving quite a bit of negative feedback in regards to my opponents. I understand that these people that i play with are not by any stretch of the imagination Top Tier players so take these games for what they are.

However, my most common opponents all placed in the top 50% at the Bay Area Open and a few other tournaments down in the San Francisco area. I don't mean to sound like i am making excuses but we do have some solid players in the area. My last few games have been against our weaker members, other than the first game and he was just taking a list to try out his new river trolls, but I hope to be posting some more competitive games soon.

And who says I'm not a cream puff ;)
Malossar
Something Cool

#48 Post by Malossar »

Game 5 Against Hero's Vampires

Blender Vamp Lord Lvl 4 on Nightmare
Vamp Lvl 2 on Nightmare (1+ Armor)
Wight King Mounted and BsB (1+ armor)

40x Zombies
40ish Ghouls?
3x5 Dire Wolves

10 Black Knights
3x1 Spirit Hosts
2x Terrorgiests

We played this game on UB and what a game it was! back and forth constantly. Unfortunately i failed to take some screenshots so I can only summarize.

Basically this game came down to congestion and some bad luck at the end of the game for me. My phoenixes were forced to tie up blocks long enough for my knights to hack through chaff and line up their charges.

It came down to a grinding cav on cav combat in the center. I managed to win by 3 against a flanking black knight and a charging terrorgiest killing the Giest and 3 more knights.

Hero was left with His Vampire Lord, Vampire Hero, and 2 knights! I totally had this! In an attempt to protect my now flanking silver helms i declared a challenge with my Prince. He accepted with his champion and I couldn't be happier knowing i could put some serious overkill on the knight and hopefully crumble the vampires from combat resolution.

My Prince rolls to wound ---- 1,1,1,3.... And the knight makes his armor save then proceeds to hit and rolls a 6 for Killing Blow. I fail my ward save and my prince dies in shame...

And that was really the end of the game. The bus was left with just the champion and two characters but i lost combat and ran for the hills only to be killed in later turns. Had my prince actually stayed alive i would have won and ground out the final combats for a big Win.

But that's just not how the dice fall sometimes a big win turns into an epic loss in one round.

Hero --- Thanks for a great game. I look forward to your feedback sir.
HERO

Re: Reforged - Game 5 -- Hero's VC of DOOOMMM!!!

#49 Post by HERO »

Was a fun game, definitely.

I will give feedback on the High Elves gameplay more than anything since we both play the same faction.

I feel the Phoenixes were engaged too early. They should of held back a little more, allowing you to combo-charge a bit more. For this reason, I think the Reaver chaff could of done more and their overall positioning could of been better. In this matchup especially, with 2x Terrors and a buslord vs. 2x Phoenixes and your bus lord, it all comes down to who gets the better engagement. I managed to setup the better engagement with a flank charge with my lordbus into yours with a combined charge from a Terror, but I didn't expect my dice to be so poor and yours to roll so well.

To fight a BotWD with my Lord, I need to be able to setup the ideal combat scenario for me since my Lord will do virtually no damage. By catching your DPs on a flank, S3 vs. a wall of T6 Terror, T5 characters and T4 Knights that charged with non-magical lances, statistically that combat should of been in my favor by a ton. And that Wight King, god. Roll better than a 1 with your god damn 1+ AS please! Unfortunately, dice was not on my side and you won the initial combat of the bus wars. This one combat made me pretty fucking bitter, I'm not gonna lie. The entire setup was in my favor and yet nothing came from it. However, I can't say I'm too upset because my Wight Champion totally stomped on your Prince next round muhahaha.

Because your units out-threaten my Terrorgheists, I kept them back and hoped to bog you down so I can scream into combat. While I'm honestly surprised the Phoenix that charged the Lord survived as much as he did, I guess I should of remembered I had OTS on the Lord and completely forgot for 3 turns because I'm a dipshit. It might of helped in the lord bus vs. bus duel too.

Overall, I was pleased with your list. The stacking wards on the Dragon Prince bus is hard to break for sure!
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=45884][img]http://i.imgur.com/EvidzNv.jpg[/img][/url]
[i]Click the banner to see my 8th Ed. High Elves Tactica![/i]
[url=http://lkhero.blogspot.com/][size=150]HERO's Gaming Blog[/size][/url]
Malossar
Something Cool

#50 Post by Malossar »

I think I need to try and make room for a Level 2 with scroll. I think i'd slap beasts on him to really make that bus scary if i managed to pop off wyssans or savage beasts.

Suggestions?

And remember on that flank charge. Most of your knights were dead and you were stuck swinging at either the champion, the BsB or the Prince who were both tooled out tanking characters. The champion survived the initial onslaught of the blender lord. I'm surprised you elected to send attacks into the prince at all rather than trying to crack through the champion and into the unit.
HERO

#51 Post by HERO »

And remember on that flank charge. Most of your knights were dead and you were stuck swinging at either the champion, the BsB or the Prince who were both tooled out tanking characters. The champion survived the initial onslaught of the blender lord. I'm surprised you elected to send attacks into the prince at all rather than trying to crack through the champion and into the unit.
With the Lord? The Lord did go into the Champ, and did nothing because of the BotWD :D I don't think OTS would of helped either, or maybe, too late now lol.

As for the Beasts, nah, you want to play with the High Magic for the Dragon Prince bus. I think that's the only way it can be effective... those ward saves are king. Anyone fighting this list without OTS will suffer because of the stacking wards, which is why I think you should keep playing with just the AM.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=45884][img]http://i.imgur.com/EvidzNv.jpg[/img][/url]
Malossar
Something Cool

#52 Post by Malossar »

HERO wrote:
With the Lord? The Lord did go into the Champ, and did nothing because of the BotWD :D I don't think OTS would of helped either, or maybe, too late now lol.

As for the Beasts, nah, you want to play with the High Magic for the Dragon Prince bus. I think that's the only way it can be effective... those ward saves are king. Anyone fighting this list without OTS will suffer because of the stacking wards, which is why I think you should keep playing with just the AM.

Exactly but i'm considering taking a lvl 2 scroll caddy with lore of beasts.

If i could have stopped one of those invocations to keep your knights dead after the bolt throwers or phoenix combats it could have been much better!
HERO

#53 Post by HERO »

Where will you find the points for that?
Francis

#54 Post by Francis »

If you drop the ogre blade, the ring of fury and 2x dragon princes you could add a lvl1 beast mage with the scroll. I am not sure if the trade off is worth it though. All the other options that I can think of see you cutting into either phoeonix or rbts.
HERO

#55 Post by HERO »

Francis wrote:If you drop the ogre blade, the ring of fury and 2x dragon princes you could add a lvl1 beast mage with the scroll. I am not sure if the trade off is worth it though. All the other options that I can think of see you cutting into either phoeonix or rbts.
Not worth it. DP units need bodies to be effective, Ogre Blade makes the Champion not suck after the charge, and Ring of Fury is another way to stack wards.
Francis

#56 Post by Francis »

HERO wrote:
Francis wrote:If you drop the ogre blade, the ring of fury and 2x dragon princes you could add a lvl1 beast mage with the scroll. I am not sure if the trade off is worth it though. All the other options that I can think of see you cutting into either phoeonix or rbts.
Not worth it. DP units need bodies to be effective, Ogre Blade makes the Champion not suck after the charge, and Ring of Fury is another way to stack wards.
Yeah this is my view as well, another thing to consider is that a lvl 1 or 2 need to use atleast 3 pd in order to get Wyssan's off safely, and that is alot of pd that your AM could use to stack ward saves.
Malossar
Something Cool

#57 Post by Malossar »

Francis wrote:
HERO wrote:
Yeah this is my view as well, another thing to consider is that a lvl 1 or 2 need to use atleast 3 pd in order to get Wyssan's off safely, and that is alot of pd that your AM could use to stack ward saves.

Thanks for the advice Gents. I guess at this point there's really nothing to change with the list then?
Malossar
Something Cool

#58 Post by Malossar »

Game 6 Last Night against Warriors of Chaos:

My List is still the same but for reference:

Prince w. B.Steed, Dragon Armor, Giant Blade, Dawn Stone, Enchanted Shield, Pot of Fools - 282
Archmage Lvl 4 w. Steed, Book, Ring of Fury - 320 (High Magic)
BsB w. B. Steed, Dragon Armor, Star Lance, Shield, Great Weapon, Dragon Helm, Golden Crown - 176

5x Reavers w. Bows and Spears - 95
5x Reavers w. Bows and Spears -95
5x Reavers w. Bows and Spears -95
5x Reavers w. Spears - 80
10x Silver Helms w. Full Command - 260

12x Dragon Princes w. Full Command, Banner of the World Dragon, Ogre Blade - 468
Eagle Claw
Eagle Claw
Frost Phoenix
Frost Phoenix

2491pts. Little Change left over

My opponent:

Daemon Prince (at least had a Charmed Shield)
Exalted of Khorne BsB
Exalted of Khorne on Jugger and 4+ Ward Save

24x Chaos Warriors Sword and Board
30x Chaos Marauders w. Flails
30x Chosen of Khorne w. Halberds
2x3 Juggers

As you can see not a very strong list. My opponent was a great gentlemen on Universal Battle. The Daemon Prince spent the game hiding from the bolt throwers so not quite sure what that was about.

Dragon Prince bus did what it was supposed to running over Marauders, Juggers, Warriors and Chosen.

Hero can attest to the game.
Malossar
Something Cool

#59 Post by Malossar »

Alrighty just wrapped up Game 7 Against Empire as on UB (arsenal1988 was my opponent great guy!):

His List:
Arch Lector (1+ Armor of Meteoric)
Lvl 4 Lore of Life
Lvl 2 Lore of Fire w. Scroll
BsB w. 4+ ward at least
2x Engineers

60x Halberds
2x15 Sword Detachments
4x Demigryphs w. Some Standard
4x Demigryphs w. Gleaming Pennant
Cannon
Cannon
Hell Blaster
Steam Tank

I really out played my opponent in the movement phase where i won the game. I managed some real slick turn 2 charges. He panics and flees with his demigryphs from my Dragon Princes which means i redirect the Princes into his steam tank and with some reaver help run the Gryphs off the board.

Reavers into Cannon #1. Phoenixes charge the Hell Blaster and Cannon #2.

Paltry magic again this game with only 1 phase with more than 4 dice!

Combat saw the tank take 7 wounds from my characters 2 wounds from the dragon princes and the last wound from....
The horses!

My one super lucky roll. After getting a 6v3 magic phase my opponent IF Dwellers on the bus! I lost a total of 4 dragon princes...

Result was table.
vladamex

#60 Post by vladamex »

Hey Mal - looks like your DP bus is kicking some serious ass :) It would be great if you could post some pictures/screenshots, at least from the deployment and (if possible) a couple of "critical" shots of the game - they really add invaluable perspective to everyone who's interested in your exploits (myself included!)
Malossar Dragonborne wrote: BsB w. B. Steed, Dragon Armor, Star Lance, Shield, Great Weapon, Dragon Helm, Golden Crown - 176

2491pts. Little Change left over
One little idea here -> given that you are using Dragon Helm, you can fall back to Heavy Armor and save yourself 6 more points (if you're fine with forgoing the 6+ ward from the Dragon Armor).

This 6 points, combined with the 9 extra points you currently have, would give you nice 15 points to play with and buy yourself some new toys. Just a thought :)

Cheers!