The Warhost of Althea Valleron

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Koval

The Warhost of Althea Valleron

#1 Post by Koval »

Hello all, and welcome to my new army blog. With this, I hope to have one centralized place for any battle reports, pictures, tactical analysis, and maybe even fluff for High Elves. My elves have been on the back burner for about a year following me starting Bretonnians, but I'm back at it and revitalizing the army.

I'm going to kick things off right away in this first set of posts with both a report and a couple pictures of my redone models
Koval

Re: The Warhost of Althea Valleron

#2 Post by Koval »

Battle 1: 2200 points vs Wood Elves

High Elves wrote:Prince on Star Dragon: Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, The oTher Trickster’s Shard, Golden Crown of Atrazar, heavy armor
Loremaster of Hoeth: Book of Hoeth, Talisman of Preservation
Noble: BSB, Dragonhelm, Irongurse Icon, great weapon, heavy armor, shield, barded steed
19 Silver Helms: Full command, shields
5 Reavers: Spears, bows
25 Sword Masters: Standard, musician, Banner of the World Dragon
Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower
Eagle
Wood Elves wrote:Orion
8 Glade Riders: Hagbane tips
6 Sisters of the Thorn: Standard, musician
6 Sisters of the Thorn: Standard, musician
6 Deepwood Scouts: Hagbane tips
10 Waywatchers
10 Waywatchers
This was actually my third battle since I started the revitalization project, but my first report. I brought a star dragon, a large silver helm bus, and a big unit of sword masters up against a wood elf avoidance list led by Orion. The full report can be seen here.

I think I screwed up and lucked out quite a bit. I walked right into a really good surround by a shooty wood elf army. The tower did a lot of work, and that failed frenzy helped out quite a bit. I think this battle really showed what the dragon is good at. Or would an eagle prince have done just as well for half the points?
Koval

Re: The Warhost of Althea Valleron

#3 Post by Koval »

I'm going to finish off the first set of posts with the units I have finished so far. I started with the Sword Masters.
These guys are a mix of metal and plastic. The two kits work really well side-by-side, especially compared to my plastic and metal White Lions.

I usually use the champion model from the plastic kit as my loremaster, so he gets his own picture. I don't feel that I've done enough to distinguish him as a character. Using the difference in the model itself is okay, but I want to do something more, especially after my Bretonnians, who mostly used paint to distinguish characters.

My only other completed model is a bolt thrower, along with its crew. The new one is on the right. The old one on the left looks pretty good, the crew just need a rebasing.