Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:49 pm 

Hello all, and welcome to my new army blog. With this, I hope to have one centralized place for any battle reports, pictures, tactical analysis, and maybe even fluff for High Elves. My elves have been on the back burner for about a year following me starting Bretonnians, but I'm back at it and revitalizing the army.

I'm going to kick things off right away in this first set of posts with both a report and a couple pictures of my redone models

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:20 pm 

Battle 1: 2200 points vs Wood Elves

High Elves wrote:
Prince on Star Dragon: Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, The oTher Trickster’s Shard, Golden Crown of Atrazar, heavy armor
Loremaster of Hoeth: Book of Hoeth, Talisman of Preservation
Noble: BSB, Dragonhelm, Irongurse Icon, great weapon, heavy armor, shield, barded steed
19 Silver Helms: Full command, shields
5 Reavers: Spears, bows
25 Sword Masters: Standard, musician, Banner of the World Dragon
Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower
Eagle

Wood Elves wrote:
Orion
8 Glade Riders: Hagbane tips
6 Sisters of the Thorn: Standard, musician
6 Sisters of the Thorn: Standard, musician
6 Deepwood Scouts: Hagbane tips
10 Waywatchers
10 Waywatchers

This was actually my third battle since I started the revitalization project, but my first report. I brought a star dragon, a large silver helm bus, and a big unit of sword masters up against a wood elf avoidance list led by Orion. The full report can be seen here.

I think I screwed up and lucked out quite a bit. I walked right into a really good surround by a shooty wood elf army. The tower did a lot of work, and that failed frenzy helped out quite a bit. I think this battle really showed what the dragon is good at. Or would an eagle prince have done just as well for half the points?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:28 pm 

I'm going to finish off the first set of posts with the units I have finished so far. I started with the Sword Masters.
These guys are a mix of metal and plastic. The two kits work really well side-by-side, especially compared to my plastic and metal White Lions.

I usually use the champion model from the plastic kit as my loremaster, so he gets his own picture. I don't feel that I've done enough to distinguish him as a character. Using the difference in the model itself is okay, but I want to do something more, especially after my Bretonnians, who mostly used paint to distinguish characters.

My only other completed model is a bolt thrower, along with its crew. The new one is on the right. The old one on the left looks pretty good, the crew just need a rebasing.