High Elves v Vampire Counts 2250

This forum is for the posting of reports of your famous victories and crushing defeats. It is for both single battle reports and for ongoing army diaries/blogs.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Jester

High Elves v Vampire Counts 2250

#1 Post by Jester »

Well I've only heard bad things about VC going into this and playing a 10 year VC vet I was a little worried about this one. I played using this list http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29829 He fielded a vampire lord lvl 2 don't remember the magic items. A hero level vampire, a necromancer, 4 units of 20 skeletons, 4 fell bats, black coach, 6 black knights, 2 units of 5 hounds, cairn wraiths, and a huge unit of 40 zombies (i was confused about this too might have just been point fillers) I started off with first turn and just got everything in position. Tried to match up the phoenix guard against the black coach and swordmasters against everything else while dragon princes went cairn wraith hunting. THe eagles got into position to begin the march blocking. Magic was good as irresistable force on flames of phoenix killed most of the zombies and drain magic got off as well while shooting killed one unit of hounds, 3 of the other unit and 2 black knights. turn 1 he did the same and magic was entirely unaffective. Turn 2 I charged unit of 20 skeletons with both chariots and moved knights around the flank where his wraiths were holding and moved eagles into march blocking position. The chariots did 3 impacts (not each together :x ) and one ran through my swordmasters doing another 1 impact hit (they weren't "on" today) while the other ended up in impassable terrain killing itself. Shooting killed more stuff and a pair of fury spells killed his fell bats. It was actually very good today. His turn he got off a charge on a unit of 7 remaining swordmasters with 4 black knights and skeletons. Swordmasters killed 3 knights and 7 skeletons which was more than enough to win combat to kill the remaining knight and most of the other skeletons. The wraiths screamed and killed the eagle. The dragon princes rolled the wraiths in my turn while phoenix guard quite held their own against the black coach and zombie charge killing coach and most zombies with res. A turn later I got charge to front of another unit of skeletons with swordmasters while getting a rear charge with the chariot that rallied. They were done in no time. The other unit of skeletons with hero vamp was shot to oblivion all these turns and the other unit of swordmasters had no problem dispatching them. Last but not least his vampire lord after being march blocked and magiced half to death made it in the center of the line where phoenix guard were waiting. They of course held their own winning combat by just a few so the dragon princes could get the rear charge where the elf lord even with the TOL managed to only do 2 wounds to the lord. The princes however did plenty to take the rest out with combat res. By the beginning of turn 5 I had tabled him getting 3150 vps while only losing the 2 eagles and 1 chariot to vps. A few models died here and there but never below half. VC's one of the big 3? :lol: And it's not like the guy didn't know what he was doing being a 10 year vc vet. Oh well what was I worried about. =D>
[img]http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu225/purduejester/warpstone_ad.gif[/img]
ilovecookies1

Re: High Elves v Vampire Counts 2250

#2 Post by ilovecookies1 »

Haha I think all that big 3 nonsense is a bunch of crap. Any army can beat any army if you are lucky or experienced enough. Yes they are pimped out unfairly, but we still have one of the most responsive and versatile armies.
choclatecruncher16

#3 Post by choclatecruncher16 »

i agree with "ilovecookies". i mean for all the daemons are best talk i have beaten them 3 or 4 times now, with at least 2 minor victories and a massacre, of which is this massacre i only lost 2 spear men and a dragon prince, and this was a combat heavy army i used with little shooting. nice job beating vamps
[color=#0080BF]"I shall not give up a single scrap of Ulthuan without an entire ocean of druchii blood spilled in its name!"[/color]
[color=#0080BF]Tyrion-Sons of Ellyrion[/color]
Total scores with high elves since start of 2009.
W/ D /L
49 19 18
Stormie

#4 Post by Stormie »

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that is the softest VC list you will ever come across (4 x 20 Skeletons + 40 Zombies) and only a level 2 Vampire Lord? Plus 10 year vet or not, that guy made some horrific mistakes. Has he even heard of Speed of Asuryan? There's no excuse for charging Zombies alongside a Black Coach either. It almost sounds like he threw the game...