Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sold: Dwarf Army
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:50 pm 

andrew.a.galea@gmail.com

- Post Worldwide
- Accept Paypal

Models:
-Dwarf Lord on Shields
-24 Slayers (2 champs, sb, m)
-12 metal Longbeards (fc) + 2 converted anvil guards + BFSP dwarfs as back rank fillers (whole unit is ~25 total) (I've doubled this entire unit has hammerers and there have been no issues/complaints)
-30 Warriors with great weapons (full command) + 10 bugman's rangers as back rank models (whole unit is 40)
6 model unit filler that can be used in any infantry unit.
- BFSP cannon
- 2 metal classic stone throwers
- plastic organ gun
- converted bsb
- runesmith

Pictures:

Price Breakdown:
- Retail value is approx 350 euros, but probably much more. Some models are OOP and I priced them as equivalent metal blisters.
- Case is 40 euros. Foam is custom cut just for this army and fit perfectly into a 3 foam case.
- Movement trays are resin and come with spares for formation changes. There are: Two 10x4, One 10x3, One 5x6, Two 12x2, One 5x2. All painted and flocked like the ones in the picture. There are also six 60mm radius circular warmachine bases (for the 4 machines + 2 extras you would like to add). The machines just sit on top of them and are not glued for easy transportation. Also I had the foresight to not glue the bases on as some tournaments use square warmachine bases, some round, and some not at all. ~20 euros.
- I've estimated the paint job at a value of 350-400 euros. I think I've undercut myself a bit on that just based on the amount of time and general love I gave this army. As a reference some commission painters charge 5-10 euros per infantry model for gaming to high gaming quality not including assembling and cleaning. I cut no corners on this force, all eyes on ALL models are done properly and back rank models are shaded at the same consistency as the front ranked ones. I don't think the pictures do justice to the models, I feel the lighting/flash changes the tint of some shades. It has won a best painted award.
-On request I will include a list of colours used to paint any of the units and steps used to base the models. Perfect for adding to the force.
-On request I can add a set of matching dice, and a viable (tournament winning) army list. You can literally bring your tape measure, army and rulebooks to the post office, pick up the army and go right to a tournament.

Total figure I'm looking for is a minimum of 800 euros + shipping or best offer. I think its a steal but I have to move the army. Normally I would try to fairly sell this for about 1k.
They are worthy, battle tested and award winning in both paint and game, and they deserve a good home.

A

My trading rep is on ulthuan.net where I have sold full armies in the past. Lord Anathir. I also have the ebay username "anathir".

For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

And Grombrindal said "10 from the back, yeah?"

Last edited by Lord Anathir on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:17 pm 
Green Istari

Lovely army LA, goes without saying really.

But what will you do if the HE book is rubbish?

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=70001

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:25 pm 
Pendragon

SpellArcher wrote:
Lovely army LA, goes without saying really.

But what will you do if the HE book is rubbish?

Curse and sputter? :D

I agree, lovely army. But shouldn't this be in the Lothern Trading Post?

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:50 pm 
Something Cool

If only i had 1,000.00 USD!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:52 am 
Well played Sir

I hate Dawi, but that's a nice army and ready to play for $1k, I know at least one guy considering Dwarfs, I'll post this up in my Clubs forum.

These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:32 pm 
Shiny and Polished

They're being quite harsh on TWF, saying they'd pay no more than like 150 or 200 euros.
My friend has sold a similar dwarf army but half of being painted in 'crappy 3 colors' (old models he never repainted) and the other half painted decently like yours. It sold for USD$600, so yours can definitely fetch close enough to the prices you ask but selling painted armies always has that uncertain factor - on ebay, it can go higher or just never take off and go for less than you intended.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:21 pm 

Yes they are. I m not overly concerned. I have over a year to sell this army, and worse case scenario if it doesn't go I either lower the price or I keep the force.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

For the dwarfs, there was only this. Hammerson met Grombrindal’s gaze, and the White Dwarf nodded slowly. If it must be done, let it be done well. Whether they were dead or alive, that was the only way dwarfs knew how to do anything.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:22 am 

Yes they are being harsh to be honest, that is why I posted on TWF.

Lovely army that someone no doubt will enjoy 8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:07 am 

this is sold and can be locked.

Post subject: Re: Sold: Dwarf Army
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:25 pm 
Bond... James Bond

Done.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]