Youtube Channel Recommendations

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karak Norn Clansman

Youtube Channel Recommendations

#1 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Here's a list of various stuff to watch & listen to while hobbying.

Let's recommend good channels, be it any topic! Music, 40k, history, natural sciences, whatever you think is particularly good. Some quick ones:

Timaeus, who runs a series on History of Rome.

History, particularly ancient Roman & Byzantine, by Thersites

History's Empire, containing a wealth of lectures and documentaries on all manner of historical subjects. Kenneth Harl's are particularly good (e.g. to recognize voice), though the lecturers aren't attributed. It seems the channel is all about scraping together as many history videos and audios from all around, and uploading them as fast as possible, and it seems some kind of dealings with owners of some videos has at least taken place. More importantly than credit given and legalities, however, is the concentration of good stuff to watch and listen to!

Anyone has got natural science channels to recommend?

As to 40k, this video on humanity in that grimdark setting by Luetin is good. His channel is a good source for 40k material to listen to.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Youtube Channel Recommendations

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

Thanks for sharing those. I don't really have any videos to share. But in general I like putting on TED talks while assembling / painting. Netflix used to have a whole bunch of them grouped by topic (more or less at least). Which was great fun. I think they're no longer on Netflix. But their own site gives a wealth of videos on all sorts of topics as well. Fun and educational :)
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
elendor_f

Re: Youtube Channel Recommendations

#3 Post by elendor_f »

Thanks for sharing :D
I was actually thinking about some material like this, since mostly I just listen to music while hobbying.
"The general has this to say about ensuring against defeat when outnumbered, out–weaponed and outpositioned. It is... Don't Have a Battle."
"Sounds like a clever man," said Jenkins.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

Avatar: https://silmarillionproject.tumblr.com/