Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:02 pm
Posts: 86
Location: Ireland
I've tried to load WarSeer several times today. No luck; have they died/gone offline/been DDoS attacked? What's up with it...? :? :? :?

_________________
Regards,

NK.

http://www.druchii.net/portal.php
http://battlereporter.freeforums.org/index.php
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:39 am 
Offline
Auctor Aeternitatum
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:07 pm
Posts: 6489
Location: The city of Spires
It indeed looks like they are down. I doubt it's a ddos attack though. Why would anyone bother launching one at them? I would guess some technical error or upgrade gone wrong or something in that order.

Rod

_________________
Eirik wrote:
Please try to remember that, no matter how 'official' the source seems, rumours are basically just a dictionary combined with a random number generator

For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 166/18/104


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:31 pm
Posts: 128
Location: Warsaw, Poland
I've noticed it a few days ago.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:02 pm
Posts: 86
Location: Ireland
Well, at least they weren't attacked; it's just that some guy on WarSeer had his website attacked because f-ing Anonymous got his Ancients site mixed up with a site for supporters of the ISIL/ISIS terrorist group, when all it was was probably a reference to the Goddess Isis in connection with ancient Egypt. Sometimes I find myself praising Anonymous, other times, like this one, I despair of them.... #-o :roll: :twisted:

_________________
Regards,

NK.

http://www.druchii.net/portal.php
http://battlereporter.freeforums.org/index.php
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:27 am 
Offline
Rainbows
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:15 pm
Posts: 2901
Location: Tower of Hoeth
Dakka wrote:
Me learned friends suggest server issues for Warseer, which even as you ... read are being worked on, and should -- assuming the machine spirits are suitably appeased -- see the site back in operation this weekend.
That meant last weekend, it is down for more than a week already. It looks like they run into some technical issues.

Noble Korhedron wrote:
Well, at least they weren't attacked; it's just that some guy on WarSeer had his website attacked because f-ing Anonymous got his Ancients site mixed up with a site for supporters of the ISIL/ISIS terrorist group, when all it was was probably a reference to the Goddess Isis in connection with ancient Egypt. Sometimes I find myself praising Anonymous, other times, like this one, I despair of them.... #-o :roll: :twisted:
We just had a group of people throw Molotovs into a social center because they stated their support for immigrants... Stupidity is dangerous. #-o

_________________
Rainbows painting blog
Secret Santa 2016


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:02 pm
Posts: 86
Location: Ireland
Aicanor wrote:
Dakka wrote:
Me learned friends suggest server issues for Warseer, which even as you ... read are being worked on, and should -- assuming the machine spirits are suitably appeased -- see the site back in operation this weekend.
That meant last weekend, it is down for more than a week already. It looks like they run into some technical issues.

Noble Korhedron wrote:
Well, at least they weren't attacked; it's just that some guy on WarSeer had his website attacked because f-ing Anonymous got his Ancients site mixed up with a site for supporters of the ISIL/ISIS terrorist group, when all it was was probably a reference to the Goddess Isis in connection with ancient Egypt. Sometimes I find myself praising Anonymous, other times, like this one, I despair of them.... #-o :roll: :twisted:
We just had a group of people throw Molotovs into a social center because they stated their support for immigrants... Stupidity is dangerous. #-o
Are you f-ing serious?! MOLOTOVS?! What do they think this is, Stalingrad in Feb. 1943?! :? :x :x

_________________
Regards,

NK.

http://www.druchii.net/portal.php
http://battlereporter.freeforums.org/index.php
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:26 pm 
Offline
Master of Brushes
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:41 pm
Posts: 1190
Location: Poznan/Hannover
it's the reaction to the completely crap political decisions in europe when it comes to the migrants wave.
Criminality grows DAILY.

_________________
Image

Galharen's painting blog

The winged hussar host - army blog


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:50 pm 
Offline
Green Istari

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 11717
Location: Otherworld
Hmm...think this thread was about Warseer.

_________________
Cavalry Prince Reloaded
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=70001


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:02 pm
Posts: 86
Location: Ireland
SpellArcher wrote:
Hmm...think this thread was about Warseer.
It was; unfortunately, it seems WS is still down.... :( :( :(

_________________
Regards,

NK.

http://www.druchii.net/portal.php
http://battlereporter.freeforums.org/index.php
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:08 am 
Offline
Rainbows
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:15 pm
Posts: 2901
Location: Tower of Hoeth
Back to Warseer, Reds8n (mod at Dakka) says it is server and database issues and it is still worked on.
....
Off topic warning

I do not want to get into immigration management in EU (as it should go in a separate thread and there is actually no management). The stupid thing about the arsony I mentioned is the count of immigrants here is very close to zero and there were definitely none in that center. It was probably just because they mentioned they were there for everyone and there just might be some of these unfortunate people who might be running from a war riddled countries and as such have some right to be treated as such.

_________________
Rainbows painting blog
Secret Santa 2016


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:02 pm
Posts: 86
Location: Ireland
Aicanor wrote:
Back to Warseer, Reds8n (mod at Dakka) says it is server and database issues and it is still worked on.
....
Off topic warning

I do not want to get into immigration management in EU (as it should go in a separate thread and there is actually no management). The stupid thing about the arsony I mentioned is the count of immigrants here is very close to zero and there were definitely none in that center. It was probably just because they mentioned they were there for everyone and there just might be some of these unfortunate people who might be running from a war riddled countries and as such have some right to be treated as such.
Well you won't find me doing that in my own topic; I agree that immigration needs to be looked at, but that is a subject for another thread; on the WarSeer note, no further updates? Via Twitter, say? I can't seem o find their Tiwtter feed, my Google-fu must be on strike.... :( :(

_________________
Regards,

NK.

http://www.druchii.net/portal.php
http://battlereporter.freeforums.org/index.php
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:49 pm 
Offline
Rainbows
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:15 pm
Posts: 2901
Location: Tower of Hoeth
Or they don't do Twitter. :mrgreen:
Main page of Warseer is back up. No forums yet, but they are working on it.

Warseer wrote:
We are currently in the process of updating the site. We will return shortly.

_________________
Rainbows painting blog
Secret Santa 2016


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WarSeer down.....?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:08 pm 
Offline
Auctor Aeternitatum
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:07 pm
Posts: 6489
Location: The city of Spires
Twitter? What's twitter?

Rod

_________________
Eirik wrote:
Please try to remember that, no matter how 'official' the source seems, rumours are basically just a dictionary combined with a random number generator

For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 166/18/104


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group