Share your snow sculptures here!

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karak Norn Clansman

Share your snow sculptures here!

#1 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Snow ahoy! Winter means building snowmen for the childish of us, and that means Warhammer snowmen for the fanatics.

The current ones in our garden this year were carved in icy and powdery snow, which punished any attempt at details. They turned out primitive, but were fun.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you Mr. Dwarf and the double-headed Ogre Ob and Bob:

My brother, active on these forums, wants me to sculpt a cat and an elf head. Maybe next year.

From last year:

Do you have any cool creations of your own to share?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Share your snow sculptures here!

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

=D> Those are lovely. Thank you for sharing.

Where are you based (I'm guessing somewhere scandinavian...)? I would love to have that much snow in my garden. But it's rainy and something like 5 degrees here (typical winter weather in the netherlands), so I doubt I'll get round to making anything out of snow anytime soon.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Giladis
The Merlord

#3 Post by Giladis »

Winter is all warn once again this year. I long for proper winters of my youth, when the wind was chill and the snow was deep.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#4 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I'll have to dig up some pictures from my collage days in Houghton, MI
Karak Norn Clansman

#5 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

@Prince of Spires: Thank you! That's right, in Sweden. My brother EEJR is semi-active (but lacks a log) on these forums, and I've converted and even painted not a few of his numerous Elves. I hope the weather gods bless you next season with a thick snow blanket. It's great for the childish of us. ;)

@Giladis: Aye, winter is great!

@Shannar, Sealord: Please do! It would be great to see more snow sculptures from Warhammer players. :)

A team consisting of me, my brother and a friend of ours participated in a little snow sculpture event. It went as planned.

The viking dwarf was entered into an event themed "snowman friend". So we made a fearsome Dwarf ally whom everyone would like to have as friend, and not enemy.

Our friend came up with the idea and led the common sculpting (we had 4 hours to go, with an icy block to attack). It's in the 1:1 scale. Once the basic shapes were cut out, I did the head and beard, and details like the shield boss and scalemail. My brother did the cloak and made a very good circle shield. Our buddy made the knife arm and shoulder pads.

It's in the 1:1 scale. I wonder how long it takes before someone puts an object into its gaping mouth. My brother placed a baguette and an empty bottle in it while we sculpted away.