West Midlands Gaming Hub - Based in Dudley

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

t4el0ner4nger

West Midlands Gaming Hub - Based in Dudley

#1 Post by t4el0ner4nger »

Hi my name is Carl Owen but i'm also known as T4el0ner4nger1984 on youtube and i work for the Dudley Disabled Learning Activities and Advice Center. We are a charity which helps out disabled people in Dudley by providing a center where disabled people can come down for advice or join in one of the many activities we have on offer. Our center is currently due to be held at the Waterfront by the Merry Hill center in Dudley and I could do with some help and advice from you the wargaming community.

The video link attached below will show most off what I need help with, but if you are not interested in that i will try to explain it here.

I am running a class to teach disabled and elderly people who are interested in wargamming. The classes will show them how to paint and play various wargames, board games and card games. I have received funding to start up the group but i have been given such a large space to work with and i need to obtain a regular income to buy models, rules, games and supplies for this group so as they can experience different things. Basically once my funding is gone it is gone for good and as I only have a modest start up fee I can only do so much. What I am looking for is help and advice from anyone interested in using part of my rooms I have been given. As you can see from the video below space is not a problem, and if i get moved to another part of the building the space would be even bigger. I am not interested in free stuff or am I asking for money from you without providing you with a service in return.

My ideas consist of starting up my own gaming club on a Thursday night to earn some money for the charity, and that is the key, I am doing this on a voluntary basis and all money earned doesn't go anywhere but back into the charity to buy supplies and provide more activities for disabled people. There would be a few 6x4 and 4x4 tables on offer for you to come and play various game systems. There would be tables offered for you to play card and board games, as well as space to paint and do role-play if so desired. There are closed rooms where battle reports could be filmed for your channels. Tournaments could easily be held here as the room is large enough to hold at least 30 tables maybe even more than that, plus the waterfront has access to parking and two very close hotels withing a minutes walk. If you want to hold your own gaming days or nights this can be done for a very competitive fee and I guarantee I could beat whatever price the place you host at offers. The building is also good for anyone wanting to do meetings or have a private studio to do any painting commissions. Prices can easily be agreed so don't hesitate to contact me if your interested or have any ideas on how i can fully utilize the space I have to make money for the charity.

Also I am looking for anyone interested in joining me and running the place. It is voluntary so I cant pay you but what i can offer is free lifetime membership to my gaming group to play whatever games you want. I am after two maybe three interested people who can help me run the group so please contact me if your interested in that also. Basically your time would be given to set-up tables, help clean and close up, build terrain if needed and run the club in my absence.

It has always been a dream of mine to hold a central gaming hub which could be a hive of activity for everyone. I have been working on this dream for the last five years and now it is finally coming true. I am after any advice to keep this going and be here for the long term so if you are interested in lending any helpful advice please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you for reading and I hope the url works below so you can see the video, but if it doesn't please look up Dudley Gaming Hub or T4eL0neR4nger1984 on youtube and please watch my video, you don't have to comment like or subscribe, I just hope you could please show it to others who might be interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbiV9XZhxxw
John Rainbow

Re: West Midlands Gaming Hub - Based in Dudley

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

This is awesome and I wish you all the best with it. I used to live in Wolverhampton so know the area pretty well and this seems like a great idea. I'm no longer in the area (or even the UK) but if I was I would jump at the chance to come and help out. Keep us posted with how it goes.