Once upon a time...

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Illidan Hellforge

Once upon a time...

#1 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

...there was a Dutch kid mucking about on these forums. Joined in 2006 as a thirteen year old, last posted here almost four years ago. Nostalgia (and the Ulthuan maffia, yes) brought me back to this place, so I thought I'd come out of lurking and say hi. ;)

Don't expect many people to remember me, especially as I was mostly in the RP and OT section, along with the chat. Joined for War of the Beard and Hour of the Wolf as well, good times. Also, seeing Facade's thread on where the heck everybody is, I see not a lot of people from back then are around.

For those who were around then and are now though, how've you been? Four years sure has been a long time, for me it's the difference between graduating from high school and finishing up the thesis for my bachelor.

For those who I haven't met before, nice to meet ya! Back when I originally joined, I was obviously inspired by Blizzard games like Diablo and Warcraft to make my name. Not much of a WHFB player, played a few matches in 2008 against Hyarion and danceman (if those names are still familiar these days). I was mostly here for the online campaigns they ran occasionally and also did the majority of my posting in the RP section.

Speaking of which, it's sad to see the RP section rather inactive nowadays, used to be bustling with activity. I've joined many excellent RPs, like Sir Cyris deLonse's "Desperate Times", Andruillius' "Tumbling in Tilea", Amun's "Blood Ties", Aranel's "Sons of Midnight" and "Dragon Slayers", Luna's "The Calm In Between Storms", amongst other such gems... Even had the opportunity to host a roleplay myself, Breaking the Siege, which I had tons of fun with. Roleplays like these gave me the opportunity to grow as a writer. Still write nowadays, along with text-based roleplaying... just in other places now.

If anyone's up for it, I'd happily join an RP? I can even help flesh out ideas and help with easy-to-use RP systems for GMs if they want some dice involved (SPAM system still a thing people know about?). With the thesis, I'm too busy to host anything, but I can certainly contribute. :)

All in all, it's fun to see this place again, great to see some familiar names as well!
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
Mel'Reyna: hehe
Mel'Reyna:i only think about it every 21 seconds
Mel'Reyna: :D[/size]
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

Re: Once upon a time...

#2 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Hello Illidan. :)
Illidan Hellforge

#3 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Bob! Hello, how've you been? :)
[size=75]Illidan:I can't do anything about it! It's a proven fact that men think of sex at least every 20 seconds. >_>
Spartan

#4 Post by Spartan »

Hey Illidan! Good to see you! These are indeed the waning days of Ulthuan for us veterans...
[i]"To contemplate letting the alien, the heretic or the traitor win just to save a few million lives is the worst kind of heresy, because it is clad in the mantle of good intentions."[/i]

"I am Aenarion's heir, not Aenarion himself. My fate is my own."
-Tyrion, Champion of the Everqueen
Illidan Hellforge

#5 Post by Illidan Hellforge »

Spartan! Likewise, nice to see you're still around despite the decline in activity from the vets.

Just looked through some old posts, looks like the last RP I participated in was with you! :D
End of Days OOC Thread
End of Days Play Thread

It's fun to read these again, though it's a shame there's not anything running in the RP section at the moment.