Europa Universalis IV

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Facade19

Europa Universalis IV

#1 Post by Facade19 »

Do any forum members play EU IV? I played the demo for the past few days now and am going to actually acquire the full title with the few DLC. Was going to get Rome 2, but now having experienced the demo, I am not so sure whether I want to, at least not right away. I got my copy pre-ordered (physical), but I am not sure whether I want to actually play it. EU IV seems far more addictive. One aspect I loved the total war games was the fact of the turn based map, and not so much the real time battles. Though they are fun, for me the point of playing the games was the political and greater geopolitical aspect of the game.

So, let me know if there are any fellow EU IV gamers out there.
Nyeave

Re: Europa Universalis IV

#2 Post by Nyeave »

I only played EU II - damn that game was massive. Spent sooo many hours there. Actually didn't know there had even been a EU III game.
Anyway, I preordered Rome and can't wait to try it. Even if the game isn't quite finished yet I am thinking so was Empire and that turned out to be the best in the series IMO.
Visit my plog at [url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43542[/url]
Facade19

Re: Europa Universalis IV

#3 Post by Facade19 »

Well, I just tried running Rome 2 and I am not sure whether it is my laptop (ran Shogun 2 flawlessly), but something feels very off. Very laggy and the environments seemed to be buggy. I am putting it on hold now. It just does not feel correct.

Well, I am going to play EU IV and saw that amazon is selling Crusader Kings 2 for a dirt cheap price. Probably going to buy that as well. I think Rome 2 was launched too soon. Of course, I should have also waited. Spent some $65 on something that I will not be using for a while. But I am glad hat I gave it a try. Think I need to actually built a new gaming machine. Not sure whether it is worth the effort now. Probably will wait till Christmas.

Cheers.