Planetside 2

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

The Silly Dragon

Planetside 2

#1 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Does anyone have this free to play game? If so could you tell me if its any good as a lot of reviews are mixed about it and it looks cool but also very demanding of my setup (I meet the recommended specs but only just).

Thanks in advance.
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Prince Asarion

Re: Planetside 2

#2 Post by Prince Asarion »

Had a look at the game, can't give you a proper review, but from my experience, if there's wildly contradictory reviews of the game, you have to give it a try. Comes down to the same way that some wargamers give rave reviews about 40k, and hate Fantasy. Some like both, some hate both and some love fantasy, others hate Derp Marines and Friends.

As to performance, if you barely meet the minimum requirements, you're going to have a bad time, but if you meet or slightly exceed the recommended requirements, you'll do fine.
Check out my [url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40192]c/b/plog[/url]

[size=85][i][color=#0000FF]Army - L ~ D ~ V ~ SV - Year[/color][/i][/size]
[size=85][i][color=#BF4000]HE --- 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 8 - 2012[/color][/i][/size]
[size=85][i][color=#BF4000]HE --- 0 ~ 0 ~ 1 ~ 0 - 2013[/color][/i][/size]
The Silly Dragon

Re: Planetside 2

#3 Post by The Silly Dragon »

The reviews I read said it suffers alittle from poor optimisation so even if you have very high end set up you still wont be getting very high frames per second like 40 max with the beefiest set up I have seen! which is vastly superior to mine which is no slouch either but not THAT good.

Also its not really a concern for hardware I meet the recommended nicely but its the internet connection as its only multiplayer and mine is not the fastest. I can play Guild Wars decently but Planestside 2 is much larger and with much more stuff going on all the time nothing like Guild Wars where most people are running around doing nothing this seems like its fighting all the time on a large scale battlefield.

Well i'm gonna download it later and see how it goes. Its free after all.

This was more to see if anyone else here plays it for teaming up and such (Ulthuan clans FTW!) 8)

Thanks for the reply.
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]