just for fun

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

yeasir

just for fun

#1 Post by yeasir »

This prolly already been done hopefully not but .......I'm at work bored so here we go lolz I saw this somewhere else and thought it wud be fun there's was make your own fellowship ima change the rules a bit ok you have to have 5 people to a grp two weaponmasters, a mage, a archer, and then one random warrior they can be from anywhere in fantasy long as u didn't make em up like a wow toon or a d&d character also the most technology they can have is like Karl Franz Empire time period

Weaponmasters= Drizzt Do Urden and Araris Valerian
Archer = Alith Anar
Mage= Kimmural Obladra
Randoms= Yeasir "Captain of Nagaryth"
'I am NAGGAROTHI !' ....Yeasir broke into a run, heading down the slope at fullspeed. As he came to the line of shields,he lept into the air spear flashing downwards. With a crash of metal, he plunged into the soldiers. Yeasirs sword and spear tip were a silverd WW as he cut down anything in reach.
solith

Re: just for fun

#2 Post by solith »

After reading your post I couldn't stop thinking about this until I came up with my fellowship. :lol:

Weaponmasters: Logen Ninefingers and Adolin Kholin / Szeth-son-son-Vallano / Jean Tannen
Archer: Durzo Blint / Ferro Maljinn
Mage: Moiraine Damodred
Random: Mat Cauthon

Thoughts/reasoning:
* Logen Ninefingers - if you want a front-line soldier type, he is it. Equal parts experienced veteran and crazed berserker, this guy has won duels after being impaled by a spear or having his pelvis broken.
* Adolin Kholin / Szeth-son-son-Vallano / Jean Tannen - With his armour, Adolin could take on a small army single handed. He's also quite talented at fighting others with the same (absurdly overpowered) armour + weapons, so I'd back him in a duel against pretty much everyone.... except Szeth. The scalpel to Adolin's sledgehammer, Szeth is all kinds of crazy-awesome. (Jedi have nothing on him :D ) However he's a single target fighter - you give him a target and unleash him. For all round combat I'd prefer Adolin. However, both are entirely dependent on being in their world for their strength, so if I that's a problem I default back to Jean Tannen - because having a fighter who can quote literature when he's not beating people up is nice.
* Durzo Blint is my choice if I can change 'archer' to 'rogue/thief type'. Ferro is my choice if I have to stay with an archer - and as good as she is she only beats Tam al'Thor (a worse archer but better character) because putting her and Logen into the same group is just hilarious. :lol:
* Moiraine Damodred - even in her own universe there are many that are more powerful or stronger combat mages, but she's an all rounder. On top of fireballs etc she brings healing, warding/detection, magical eavesdropping and most importantly: knowledge.
* Mat Cauthon - because if anyone deserves the title of random, it's him.

This was fun. I'm curious, was there a specific set of dangers/enemies/adventures you had in mind for these fellowships or was it a 'general 5 man team of awsome' kind of thing?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44644]My painting log[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=51340]My battle reports[/url]
yeasir

#3 Post by yeasir »

Just make a 5 man team of awesomeness. Looks like u got a good group. If a bunch of people participate we will all vote on who had the best team. I wish i had used a few different people but i still think i got a pretty good all round. I like how you had reasoning/thoughts thats cool so i will also xd

Weaponmasters/ Drizzt well he is my all time ever favorite character and truly a master with them. scimis /Araris was a mastermetal crafter from the Codex Alera books. He actually encased himself in steel (kinda like steel skin) and fought like that, think of if the Romans could control the elements back in the day. Archer/Alith well hes friggin Alith Anar thats all i got to say haha. Kimmural..... drow psonicist that actually has the respect of the illithids (mindflayers the ultimate psionicsts) he can do some awesome stuff. Random /Yeasir he was Malikiths 2nd. You got to be the badest of the bad to command the Naggorothi back then cause alot of them was from Anarions army. I mean he would been basicly fighting daily for 1600 or more years. He even went with Malikith to the north when he found the circlet (im sure all you guys know who he is lol). Anyway i just though he would make a good 5th hince my signature hehe. well TY for playing i hope more will play also. I just know if i saw something like this i would had hada participated lol

I edited in the interpunction to make the post a bit readable. Please pay attention in the future.

rdghuizing
Last edited by yeasir on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I am NAGGAROTHI !' ....Yeasir broke into a run, heading down the slope at fullspeed. As he came to the line of shields,he lept into the air spear flashing downwards. With a crash of metal, he plunged into the soldiers. Yeasirs sword and spear tip were a silverd WW as he cut down anything in reach.
The Silly Dragon

#4 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I would add mine from Final Fantasy games but alas they are not really in Karl Franz time period. Also I am not well learned enough to actually know anybody else apart from the Game of Thrones series.

Weaponmasters= Cloud (FF7 sod it he only uses a sword anyways), Link (Legend of Zelda)
Archer = Leliana (Dragon Age)
Mage= Merlin (King Arthur's Wizard)
Randoms= Daenerys Targaryen (Mother of Dragons: Game of Thrones)

Leliana for sax appeal and she is a brilliant archer and thief with strong spiritual beliefs.
Cloud as he just rocks and is all about Power
Link for his Triforce of Courage and multiple utility items like bombs.
Merlin as he is the original Wizard!
Targaryen because of DRAGONS!
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#5 Post by Domine Nox »

Weapon Masters: Miyamoto Musashi and Achilles
Archer: Odysseus
Mage: Fistandantalus
Random: Tom Bombadil

Miyamoto Musashi: The Guy is the greatest swordsman that ever lived, he switched to using wooden swords to avoid killing people, but still did.
Achilles: An incredible fighter and brave warrior who would be willing to go anywhere for glory.
Odysseus: The guy has already seen some crazy stuff, I'd trust him to get my back. Plus his bow of awesome that only he can string, combined with marksmanship.
Fistandantalus: The evil wizard that has even done a good job overcoming time and death, in his world his name is synonmous with power. Probably can't trust him all that much, but I know he's got the power.
Tom Bombadil: I think this ones up Mat Cauthon on the random scale. I mean what more can I say other than bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow. :lol:
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
yeasir

#6 Post by yeasir »

Final fantasy is fine I just mean the Karl Franz period as the highest technology you could use, no M16s or RPGs if u get my meaning .
The Silly Dragon

#7 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Good to know. :wink:

Does this mean anything like are we going to throw them into situations and we have to think of a way the characters would cope with it? Beat it? Either way is fine with me.
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
yeasir

#8 Post by yeasir »

Sure we can do whatever you guys think would be fun. Crazy monsters, zombie hordes whatever comes to mind lol, then try to beat / survive them. I would like to see Drizzt and Mushashi brawl it out that would be a awesome fight wouldn't it?
Dalamar

#9 Post by Dalamar »

Weapon Masters: Drizzt and Zaknafein Do'Urden
Archer: Legolas
Wizard: Elminster
Random: Tasslehoff Burrfoot

Weapon Masters: As much as I despise Drizzt, when put together with his father Zaknafein, they are an unstoppable duo.

Archer: Because I honestly can't think of any other famous character that specializes in archery... it's usually a backup weapon.

Elminster: Despite his immense power he maintains his stoicism and an aura of infirmness. Only uses magic when other ways don't work, and only uses his strongest spells when really warranted (which isn't often)

Random: Tasslehoff Burrfoot. Who's more random than a random kender?
Necrotix

#10 Post by Necrotix »

Weapon Masters: Miyamoto Musashi & Master Yoda
Archer: Hawkeye
Wizard: Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander
Random: Heracles

Weapon Masters - One of the greatest ever living swordsmen and a Jedi Master. While not being allowed a lightsaber I'm sure he'd be able to get along fine with a normal blade plus he has the Force.
Archer - Yes, no cool arrow heads but amazing accuracy.
Wizard - Wizard of the First Order and one of the most powerful in his world.
Random - Who doesn't want a demi-god?
Shadeseraph

#11 Post by Shadeseraph »

Mmmm... let's try:

-Weaponmaster: Ayra (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)
-Weaponmaster: Artorias (Dark Souls)
-Archer: Simo Hayha ( http://www.badassoftheweek.com/hayha.html )
-Wizard: Odin (Norse Mythology)
-Random: Dung beetle (Bokurano)

Ayra is the original Swordmaster in the Fire Emblem series, and one of the best, at that. Incomparable speed and skill, defined completely the myrmidon/swordmaster class, and is one of my faves out there.
Artorias is... well, if you've fought him you know what I mean. He is a beast, plain and simple.
Simo Hayha is the best marksman humanity has ever known, or close to it. Switch his M28 for a Hotchland long rifle, and he should do just fine.
Odin, the patron god of magic and powergaming. Before the first munchkin tried to abuse gaming systems, he had already exchanged his eye for knowledge.
Dung Beetle... well, cute little plush toy-like creature that could pretty much be the star of a Lovecraftian novel.

Problem here is that they aren't really party players. If they somehow got together with a common goal, they'd quickly leave to do things by themselves. Maybe Artorias before he was corrupted by Magnus and Ayra could cooperate, but that's it.

Honorific mentions to Hawkeye Gough for the archer tittle (I wanted to avoid having an all Dark Souls party) and Gatsu/Guts as weaponmaster (he is too similar to Artorias).
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=48662]My standard gaming lists - 2500 pts.[/url]
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#12 Post by Domine Nox »

Shadeseraph wrote:-Wizard: Odin (Norse Mythology)
I see the power level in these parties just jumped rather drastically...
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
yeasir

#13 Post by yeasir »

Ok herse a good one

Weaponmaster= Prince Tyrion
Weaponmaster= Richard Rahl
Archer= Triston (King Arthur movie)
Mage= Prince Teclis
Random= Felix -Because no matter who he's with or where he's at he will find a way to make himself useful.
Tryion and Teclis we all know why I picked these two
Triston= When he shot that guy out of that tree .....I don't want him aiming at me lol
Richard Rahl= Well he could be use in a few spots here, I think he is at his best when doing the dance with death using the Sword of Truth "dance with me death I am ready" that is sooo friggin cool lmao. If anyone don't know who someone i I post is, just say so and I will eleborate further .

Well I hope you guys are having as much fun with this as I am XD
Last edited by yeasir on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
yeasir

#14 Post by yeasir »

That's a good idea using jedi just giving them a blade, give yoda Sunfang and watch out hahah.
The jedi could be used as weaponmasters or mages.
lordoftheshadows

#15 Post by lordoftheshadows »

This is a really cool idea you thought up.

Here goes,

Weapon Master- Lan Mandragoran
Weapon Master- Rand al'Thor with Choedan Kal
Archer- Birgitte with he bow
Wizard- Egwene al'vere with Choedan Kal
Random- Matrim Cauthon with his ashandarei

I decided to up the power level a bit with two channelers with access to Choedan Kal. Let's see Odin beat that.

Notice a theme.
Words to live by:
Live for ever or die in the attempt.

The motto of my master (Zaros) may he rest in peace.
Proud member of the Mage Knight Guild.
[url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32214[/url]
The Prince of Death
The Silly Dragon

#16 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I only know like 1 in 20 names people are putting up though. #-o
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#17 Post by Domine Nox »

lordoftheshadows wrote: Let's see Odin beat that.
Odin is a god... I think he still wins in the power category being as by Norse creation mythos he created man and woman from nothing, and all the rest of the gods are his children, and is largely responsible for the creation of heaven and earth. It's really hard to top Gods with people...

The Silly Dragon

#18 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Domine Nox wrote:
lordoftheshadows wrote: Let's see Odin beat that.
Odin is a god... I think he still wins in the power category being as by Norse creation mythos he created man and woman from nothing, and all the rest of the gods are his children, and is largely responsible for the creation of heaven and earth. It's really hard to top Gods with people...
Kratos...

Edit: Wait his a demi-god isn't he? dammit.
Vurath

#19 Post by Vurath »

Weapon Master: Druss the Legend (Legend)

Weapon Master: Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7)

Archer: Crow (Hawk the Slayer)

Wizard: Raistlin Majere (Dragonlance)

Random: Cait Sith (Final Fantasy 7)

Druss the Legend was a fearsome killing machine, who foes feared to fight, and his very presence inspired courage in his comrades.

Sephiroth may be a strange choice but before he went nuts he was a good guy of sorts, and was a legend in Soldier, and that sword...

Crow many of you may have never heard off but trust me he makes Legolas look like he has the skill of a goblin archer;) Take a look on Youtube for Hawk the Slayer.

Raistlin Majere became a God in Dragonlance through his magic, enough said.

Cait Sith is random as hell in Final Fantasy 7, and fits the random slot perfectly. Let's just try to forget he's a terrible character, and completely useless.
The Silly Dragon

#20 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Vurath wrote: Weapon Master: Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7)

Sephiroth may be a strange choice but before he went nuts he was a good guy of sorts, and was a legend in Soldier, and that sword...
I wonder who would win in a fight between Cloud and Se...oh wait we already know! And that sword of his has nothing on the Buster Sword! :D

Though he is a good choice...a good second choice... :wink:

Cait Sith? Now he IS random. Remember his limit break killing my team after hours of grinding for levels and Gil...without saving and since then was never taken again in my squad.

Man all this talk makes me want to play FF7 again and its on Steam. I still got my PS1 discs in mint condition but alas no PS1 anymore :( What to do!? Buy it on steam or not? :-k
yeasir

#21 Post by yeasir »

Tasslelhoff that's a good one I always liked that little feller, but how can you despise Drizzt everything he stands for is good? I agree Drizzt and Zak is a killer combo.
Dalamar wrote:Weapon Masters: Drizzt and Zaknafein Do'Urden
Archer: Legolas
Wizard: Elminster
Random: Tasslehoff Burrfoot

Weapon Masters: As much as I despise Drizzt, when put together with his father Zaknafein, they are an unstoppable duo.

Archer: Because I honestly can't think of any other famous character that specializes in archery... it's usually a backup weapon.

Elminster: Despite his immense power he maintains his stoicism and an aura of infirmness. Only uses magic when other ways don't work, and only uses his strongest spells when really warranted (which isn't often)

Random: Tasslehoff Burrfoot. Who's more random than a random kender?
yeasir

#22 Post by yeasir »

I am going to have to agree its gonna be hard to scale people to gods, i think we should try to keep deites seperate although something like hey id like to see Odin and Asuryan fight might be fun for another topic.
Domine Nox wrote:
Shadeseraph wrote:-Wizard: Odin (Norse Mythology)
I see the power level in these parties just jumped rather drastically...
yeasir

#23 Post by yeasir »

The Silly Dragon wrote:I only know like 1 in 20 names people are putting up though. #-o

Ya please put thought /reasoning for cases like this , don't feel bad I don't know who alot of these people are either lol
Dalamar

#24 Post by Dalamar »

I despise Drizzt because he is the classic example of Mary Sue. He's perfect, no flaws, any flaws he discovers he overcomes soon after. He's the Superman of fantasy. (And I despise Superman as well)
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#25 Post by Domine Nox »

The Silly Dragon wrote:I only know like 1 in 20 names people are putting up though. #-o
Most of them are from fantasy Literature, like Lord of the Shadows list were all from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, as is most of Solith's list. Zeddicus Zul'Zorander is from the Sword of Truth as is Richard Rahl. Drizzt, Zacnafein and Elminster are from the Forgotten Realms branch of Dungeons and Dragons. Fistandantalus and Raistlin Majere are from the Dragonlance branch of Dungeons and Dragons.
Dalamar wrote:I despise Drizzt because he is the classic example of Mary Sue. He's perfect, no flaws, any flaws he discovers he overcomes soon after. He's the Superman of fantasy. (And I despise Superman as well)
He also always wins, don't forget that. It's why I have lost interest in his series. Really like Drizzt at the beginning, but it quickly became clear that nothing is an obstacle for Drizzt, he just wrecks everything he comes across.

Dalamar

#26 Post by Dalamar »

Domine Nox wrote:He also always wins, don't forget that. It's why I have lost interest in his series. Really like Drizzt at the beginning, but it quickly became clear that nothing is an obstacle for Drizzt, he just wrecks everything he comes across.
Exactly my point, he's too "perfect". Even in the very first book they say he'd make a great wizard if it wasn't for his father's influence who convinced the powers that be to train him as a fighter.

And by the rules of the drow society, Drizzt would not have survived the second year in the academy. First year he stayed below the radar, but everyone saw his performance after the 1st year exam... they all saw he was the best out of them all... and the most naive as well.
The very next night he'd get a dagger in his sleep if it was any other drow.
solith

#27 Post by solith »

Domine Nox wrote:from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, as is most of Solith's list.
Hey I object, I deliberately kept it down to 2!

I wish I could come up with a group consisting entirely of villains, but most of the fantasy I enjoy (Apart from the Wheel of Time) doesn't really have villains, Just anti-heroes that are with the protagonist and anti-heroes who are against. :lol: And so I have a lack of names to choose from.

Also, how on earth has this thread gone on this long without a single name from Malazan Book of the Fallen? Admittedly, I've only read 4 books from that series but if you're feeling suicidal you could take Icarium along as a weaponmaster. Unless I'm remembering wrong he's woken up from rage-induced blackouts in the middle of entire civilisations he's single-handedly destroyed.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44644]My painting log[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=51340]My battle reports[/url]
yeasir

#28 Post by yeasir »

On Drizzt, that's fair enough everyone has a right to opinion . As far as him just blowing through everything you must have not read/heard of the neverwinter series he don't just blow through the Netherise lol. But ya a lot of people hate Drizzt as I said before he's my fav character ever but that's ok we can still be friends haha .
Dalamar

#29 Post by Dalamar »

The point would be, Drizzt went and succeeded against the Netherese.

A situation where a group consisting of mostly *Chosen of Mystra* came close to losing a few members.
yeasir

#30 Post by yeasir »

Rastilin is pretty bad@%@ so is Dalamar for that matter. I can't remember did Fist have anything to do with Rasilins training or no? Its been along time since I read any of them books . I remember Dal was Rasts student.