The Meeting Engagement of the Princes of Oz Campaign Pack p3

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: The Meeting Engagement of the Princes of Oz Campaign Pack p3

#271 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Oh wow, you need to survive three battles to roll on the character archetype advancement table, so Æsir, forget your lvl2 Mage Knight, and have your 25XP back until he survives the next battle ^_^'
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#272 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

My new list looks like this:

Territories:

Wizards Tower(Hero Level Mage-Maethor).
Village(+1 Special Choice-N/A).
Silver Mine.(1x 50 point Magic Item-Folariaths Robe).
Forest.(Two War Machines-1x Eagle Claw).

Lords(159):
Prince Elessehta on Tiralya(General;Trck;Nble), Heavy Armour, Shield.

Heros(135):
Maethor the Mistmage(Magi), Second Level, Heavens.

Core(337):
24x Sea Guard, Full Command, Shields.

Special(87):
5x Sword Masters, Bladelord.

Rare(65):
Great Seagull, Feathers of the Iron Phoenix, Swiftsense.

War Machines(200)
2x Eagle Claw.

Monsters(185):
Tiralya(Griffon), Strike Talons, Swiftsense.

Total: 1168 points

Magic Items(155):

Giant Blade(Elessehta).
Enchanted Shield(Bladelord).
Helm of Fortune(Elessehta).
Jewel of the Dusk(Maethor).
Folariaths Robe(Maethor).

0XP left.

ARMY RATING:

Asurion, were we supposed to keep our first turn spells and write them on the list?
Last edited by Elessehta of Yvresse on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Æsir

#273 Post by Æsir »

Oh wow, you need to survive three battles to roll on the character archetype advancement table, so Æsir, forget your lvl2 Mage Knight, and have your 25XP back until he survives the next battle ^_^'
We will get the hang of it soon lol, that's cool though. Really we need to print it out next time, is it the same for unit's veteran's or is that just character archetypes?
Edit: I should really just look at it myself :roll:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#274 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Nope Units just need to survive a battle with more then 50% left.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#275 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

I'll open up a separate thread for our campaign..
Copi-pasta all the rules in there and stick our map in there too, have a full list of everyone's army lists and territories, veteran units and advancements for characters. Aswell as a FAQ or "things to remember" list, like any questions that come up throughout.

I'll hopefully get some time tonight, I must get sleep first, damn night shifts... :x
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#276 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Ah shoot, two magic armour items, damn. I'll swap the helm for a better talisman, the opal amulet is a once of item, so it's gone too. I'll fix it up this afternoon.

[Edit] I gave the shield to the bladelord, and gave Elessehta a normal shield. He'll have the same save but but he can now re-roll it. Still no ward.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

Re: The Campaign of the Princes of Oz

#277 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:Very nice~
Have you found a picture to use for the map yet? You could just use a picture of the Empire, overlay a grid, and mark the tiles.
No, I can't find that darn map anywhere...!
I wouldn't be very accurate if I layed a grid over a replica..

I might be able to scan the map in segments and piece it together..?
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#278 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Ye gads, that would take a lot of work.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#279 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Didn't you say we were supposed to list our Spells and not roll for them at the start of every game?
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#280 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:Didn't you say we were supposed to list our Spells and not roll for them at the start of every game?
Yes.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#281 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Luckily I noted mine down ^_^
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#282 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I've got 25 XP left but nothing to spend it on ^_^'
My army is still hideously weak, I did look at the stats and Elessehta's AS should have been 2+ not 3+ ^_^.
I added another RBT, and more Sea Guard to keep my core over 25%, then I upgraded the Heavy Armour to Dragon Armour.
There isn't a lot I can do with 25 points, one extra Sword Master, and a Longbow on my Prince, except, my Prince really needs to get in combat as quickly as possible, a bow would be wasted.
What are he requirements for purchasing an extra spell for a wizard?
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#283 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

You can purchase an extra spell, in addition to any exp roll after every turn.

I realised aswell that unit advancements from any unit that does not have its own max stats, because it is a Griffon or other creature. So when a said unit rolls to have a champion/character advancement but is only a single model, like Tiralya, will be able to simply increase all stats by +1 but with NO archetype skills, maybe the added ability to include a single magic item (Talisman or Enchanted).

And as a note, I forgot to delve into it, but the General of the Army may have up to two magic items from the same category, so Elessehta can have two pieces of magic armour, provided that they are of seperate types, just the same with weapons, one missile and one combat, or two combat providing they are both single handed weapons, and would likewise be treated as Paired weapons aswell.
Talismans, Arcane items and Enchanted items work in the same way.
But only the general may include doubles, and only in a single category.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#284 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

So every campaign turn you can spend XP to buy a roll to increase a stat, buy a spell, troops if you have allowances for it. Along with equipment? Magic items will still need Mines, or Ruins to increase the Magic allowance? What about things like the dispell scroll, they only last one turn, and are gone, I assume the points are lost with them?
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#285 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Yes, to everything.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#286 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I'll be saving my 25 XP so Maethor can buy another Spell next turn, I'm assuming that A mage can only know one Lore, unless he has rules that state otherwise?
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#287 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Not each turn, apparently because it's a campaign what ever spells you rolled at the start are what you keep, you can buy more though.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#288 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Wait, pairing two magic weapons together as paired weapons? That sounds a little OP, I already have S7, imagine if I had extra attacks...
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#289 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:Wait, pairing two magic weapons together as paired weapons? That sounds a little OP, I already have S7, imagine if I had extra attacks...
the rules wouldn't stack, you would allocate attacks in the same way as if you had different attacks, as you do.
Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:I'll be saving my 25 XP so Maethor can buy another Spell next turn, I'm assuming that A mage can only know one Lore, unless he has rules that state otherwise?
To begin with, yes.
If you have all spells from one lore you may choose another lore, but only two per wizard.

I will rework some archetype skills aswell.
To bring them inline with power over the starting abilities.

If you could Æsir, post a reply in the campaign thread for you to edit later with your empire stats.
Same for you Cython and Jimmy, if you think you might be able to join in at all throughout the campaign, please post a reply.

In other news, migraines suck arse.. :cry: :x
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#290 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

So, how would I split the number of attacks between my two swords? I start with four, and with a paired weapon I get one more, do I count the first weapon as using all my original attacks, and the second weapon using the extra attack?
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#291 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:So, how would I split the number of attacks between my two swords? I start with four, and with a paired weapon I get one more, do I count the first weapon as using all my original attacks, and the second weapon using the extra attack?
You can split your attacks in any ratio, so with your 5 Attacks you can allocate up to 4 with each weapon, you need to use each weapon for at least one attack. Then these Atacks can be split between enemies however you like in the normal fashion.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Æsir

#292 Post by Æsir »

I got the map but it needs grids over layed and such, and it is a super high res.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#293 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

That's a good idea, high strength hits for the monster, no armour save hits for the rider.

Super high Res, I like this, Asurion, count up the squares and we can photo shop a grid in place.
Æsir

#294 Post by Æsir »

9769 x 6703 Big enough? Lol it is huge, with the grids we should mark them with denominators for easy identification too, which would be easy to add once the grid is in place then throw in the transparent colours for owned territories.

With owned territories are we able to travel freely through them or will it still cost movement rate but at like half rate?
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#295 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

The bigger it is the more accurate the grid will be. That should be big enough.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#296 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

It's 28 x 41.
Awesome find, cheers Kyle. :D

Giladis gave me some great maps for future Campaigns or settings. And some fantastic pre-coloured mighty empires tiles, I've been racing around all day trying to find a place that can print straight from PDF, with no luck. But as it turns out we won't need them,.... Yet..
They're great and we'd be able to run a proper exploratory campaign aswell.

Everyone say thanks Giladis..!
:3
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#297 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Æsir wrote:9769 x 6703 Big enough? Lol it is huge, with the grids we should mark them with denominators for easy identification too, which would be easy to add once the grid is in place then throw in the transparent colours for owned territories.

With owned territories are we able to travel freely through them or will it still cost movement rate but at like half rate?
Shotgun Turquiose..

And yeah, half rate movement for short trips or you can exspend your whole movement to move anywhere within yourown Empire.
Tomb Kings can move freely within their empire (once per turn) and still move thereafter.
So come on Jimmy, lol. Are you free for any other Sundays or others.
Or would you rather be a whimp and pussy out..? :mrgreen:
Jk of course, it would be great if you joined in, my other empire colleague will be playing this Sunday, he just needs to get some Thunderwolves for his Demigriff knights first..
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Æsir

#298 Post by Æsir »

Shotgun Turquiose..
Good call, I just got some dice to bring Sunday and they are mad turquoise lol.
I will also try and drop a grid over this map and bring my laptop so movement will be simplified and we can colour territories straight away.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#299 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Could you post the map with the overplayed grid.?
I have a great photo edit app that allows for instant opaque colours to be overlayed.

I can update our first few moves straight on there. :3
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#300 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Email would be better, it would allow for larger size.
Asurion Whitestar wrote:Could you post the map with the overplayed grid.?
I have a great photo edit app that allows for instant opaque colours to be overlayed.

I can update our first few moves straight on there. :3
Photoshop?