Mass Effect 3!

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

The Silly Dragon

Mass Effect 3!

#1 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I know some of you live in the US of A and already have this but i live in England and is not released until the 9th of March here (Tomorow).

I just wanted to ask if others are as excited about it then i am and what your hopes and fears are for the plot and characters. If you played the other 2 and are importing a Shepherd of your own or starting anew?

Also why the f**k do Americans get it 3 days before us? Do you test it for bugs first or are you first among equals? Oh and please don't reveal anything and ruin my experience (cos if you do i will hunt you down and murder you Reaper style).

I can't f*****g wait! =P~ =P~ =P~
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Caradryal

Re: Mass Effect 3!

#2 Post by Caradryal »

I can't wait either mate I love mass effect!

Definitely importing my Shepard from the previous games she's a hard ass bitch that's been with me since ME1! :D

As for the plot line who knows where it will go I sure did a bad job of predicting ME2's plot :lol:
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=46653]New Blog - Warlock of the Black Tower(8th Edition)[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=49906]Ogre Blog - The Manglegut Tribe[/url]

[color=#000000]Caradryal's Host (HE) W 1 D 0 L 1[/color]
[color=#FF0000]The Manglegut Tribe (Ogres) W 3 D0 L2[/color]
The Silly Dragon

#3 Post by The Silly Dragon »

To be honest i think ME2 was abit lacking in the Reaper department. I remember getting about half way through thinking...where are they then? I think ME3 will make up for that though and then some! Arrival DLC was very cool though!

Its good to see someone else plays the Female Shepherd too! I just found her to be a better voice acted hero then the male one (he sounded more like Arnold Schwarniker and yes i know thats spelt wrong!)

I have been going for Paragon big choices with some nice renegade side missions thrown in (you know let off some steam with some ass kicking f**k the consequences) just hope they don't come back and bite me in the ass! Sounds like you've gone for Renegade would be interesting to compare gameplay at the end?
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#4 Post by Eldacar »

It's nowhere near as good as the previous two installments, and several choices made with regards to story, mechanics and the like are... let's go with "iffy" for now.

Repeated leaks and PR mistakes haven't helped the game all that much, either.
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
[21:39:49] <Cenyu> Bold words, flying Dutchman.
The Silly Dragon

#5 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Eldacar wrote:It's nowhere near as good as the previous two installments, and several choices made with regards to story, mechanics and the like are... let's go with "iffy" for now.

BLASPHEMY!
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#6 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Eldacar wrote:It's nowhere near as good as the previous two installments, and several choices made with regards to story, mechanics and the like are... let's go with "iffy" for now.

I actually beg to differ, in many ways I think its superior to the second instalment.
The Silly Dragon

#7 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Just completed Mass Effect 3...and...i...have...to...say...that...i...

HATE IT! :evil: I wont give away the ending but its c**p! Build up story through 3 games +DLC and they came up with THAT! VERY disappointed in Bioware! It was an insult to my Shepherd! "create and make a world and choose the way it ends?" My ass does it! Side missions were repetative and not original. It didn't feel like the galaxy was in danger. AND SHEPHERD DESERVES BETTER! :evil:
SPOILER(kinda): Anyone feel like it was abit halo at the end?
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#8 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Agreed. q_q

I was really enjoying the game until the last 15 minutes.
Caradryal

#9 Post by Caradryal »

I'd held back on buying it at the weekend as I'm still playing skyrim kinda disappointed reading this :? It's my favourite game series and I'm not sure I want to ruin that.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=46653]New Blog - Warlock of the Black Tower(8th Edition)[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=49906]Ogre Blog - The Manglegut Tribe[/url]

[color=#000000]Caradryal's Host (HE) W 1 D 0 L 1[/color]
[color=#FF0000]The Manglegut Tribe (Ogres) W 3 D0 L2[/color]
The Silly Dragon

#10 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Don't worry too much Caradryal! The game is good up until the last mission where it just lets you down. I think its becuase everybody who has played the series has had their own idea of how it will end. Also last few cut scenes are fairly short not like the other games.

I really liked alerting the reapers and then running circles around them before escaping! That was fun! "hey here i am! ner ner you can't catch me! Run away!" :lol: Taunting a 200 foot tall killing machine is fun.

Oh and where they say they can't win conventionally thats just not true! Sovereign died to conventional weapons! And the human reaper in the collector base died to my Carnifex pistol! :lol: well ok it wasn't finished but still i killed a reaper with a pistol! Now thats an achievement!

I am playing the game through again on Insane difficulty and you really have to play tactically! Liara is the best for Insane mode as her biotics with my own just rips apart anything (she dies too bloody often though thank you medi gel!). Well apart from heavy mechs thats just RUN AWAY! Tactic.

Also do you have to play it online to get the war room's galaxy ready map thing to work? It kept saying it was offline to me but i thought it was something that comes active later on but never did.
Aryel

#11 Post by Aryel »

So... the ending... right?
I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say "snuggle 'em all!"
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#12 Post by Luna Guardian »

I liked the game alot, possibly even more than the previous ones. The emotional charge for me was stronger, and the stakes were finally clearly visible.

Now, that being said, the game isn't without its faults, one of the major ones being that we're not given a "loyalty" mission with the crew members. There are scenes and quests that include the crew, true, and the characters should (mostly) know and trust each other by now, BUT that doesn't meant that Bioware couldn't have done something "more" with the crew. Maybe not loyalty missions, but something relating to their past or present connections (saving Garrus'/Joker's family etc.).

I'm sure more good and bad points will come up as soon as I've finished posting, and I won't bother saying anything about the ending, since we all know what's wrong with it.

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Personally, I would have preferred to have one more option: Shepard severes the connection between the Catalyst and the Reapers through "contaminating" the code or something, severely limiting their ability to function as a coherent group and their ability to indoctrinate and "huskify" the species. Possibly also weakening the barriers/shields of the Reapers. THIS option would consider the choices you've made in the past three games to determine the outcome. You could still keep the three options you're presented with now, and this could be one of those options that you need to be either extremely high Paragon or Renegade or you'd have to have done a side quest to unlock.
Any ideas/opinions on this?
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
The Silly Dragon

#13 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I felt that the game did indeed have a better 'feeling' (like shep's lack of sleep you know what i mean). But again it didn't have that 'feeling' elsewhere.

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Heres my problem with the game. In the 1st and 2nd it was all about warning and delaying the Reapers and trying to unite galaxy to fight them. Then the 3rd comes along and all of a sudden its not really about uniting them but to (if you haven't yet completed it or played at least a quarter of it don't read on!)...just distract the Reaper forces enough to bring the Crucible (where did this idea come from Halo?) to destroy them (oh yeah they are invincible! don't worry there is a convenient super weapon the Protheans left for us...though Vigil on Ilos didn't even mention this...what?).

*STILL SPOILERS*

Also i played paragon through it all and saved the Rachni in ALL 3 games now but all i got in return were some help building the Crucible from them...er what? wheres their fleets of warriors helping me? The queen promised to and i quote 'join our song with yours when they come' that to me translates as 'our warriors will tear apart the husks for you'. Also i got Aria T'loak and her Terminus systems fleet on my side, but they were no where to be seen in the last battle...damn pirates.

Oh and i chose the right side ending which was pants. Now playing again for the middle and probably just save it their and chose left straight after. I hear all are pants though...*sigh* i really loved the Mass Effect series...

*NO SPOILERS HERE NOW*

I remember playing the first game like 20+ times. Then the second i played nearly as much but only because of DLC kept coming out. Now with the third...will probably be lucky if i play it more than 5 times.

If they brought out different endings as part of DLC would you get them? I know i would.

I believe that the ending was rushed so they could focus on the stupid multiplayer part...ITS A SINGLE PLAYER GAME AND SUCCESSFUL WHY CHANGE THAT?!!!!!! :x
Paraicj

#14 Post by Paraicj »

Silly Dragon wrote:will probably be lucky if i play it more than 5 times.
Surely that points to it being successful, or at least engaging enough not to be upsettingly bad? Playing the same game through 5 times? I've done that for The Ocarina of Time, Mario 64 and Neverwinter Nights. Nothing else.

Unless you have an addiction... ;)
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg11hc95.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/mora3q5k.gif[/img]
[i]Dread Lord Zakhital Goremane the Incompetent, 181 kills 5/22/11
[color=red][b]Vaul's Vengeful Villain[/b][/color]
[url=http://img3.abload.de/img/paraicamonueiq.jpg]Paraicamon, I choose you![/url][/i]
The Silly Dragon

#15 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Paraicj wrote: Unless you have an addiction... ;)
A bit of one, especially with Mass Effect. :D

It is engaging and i like playing it (just not some parts of the story). What i mean't was its less engaging then the others. 1st was alot to explore and alot of choices to make, 2nd was less of both and 3rd even less thats probably why i will play it less as its got less to do if that makes sense. It was successful but like many say, its the ending...

I played Ocarina of Time something like 10 or 15 times but never played any others, tried but they never compared.