Best Birthday

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Jimmy
Centurion

Best Birthday

#1 Post by Jimmy »

Well it was my birthday last week and the night before my wife proceeded to give me an invite to a warhammer tournament that she'd created with the help of some of my friends.

Very basic but it was 6 players with 1500 point armies and it was a fantastic little friendly tournament in my house and a great time was had by all.

I lost all of my games with my Tomb Kings and got quiet pissed off by the end of the day due to poor rolls and my seemingly non existent ability to even get a handle on the tomb Kings army however it was a great event.

I did intend and even start to document the games but after halfway through the second game and getting my arse handed to me writing down key points was the last thing on my mind and I was more interested in eating brownies. :)

I have an awesome wife and she even had her first game of warhammer invasion on the weekend and won.

That's all.
Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
Andrew_uk

Re: Best Birthday

#2 Post by Andrew_uk »

How many other blokes are showing this thread to their girlfriends and saying wasn't that nice of her, eh? Us blokes aren't very good at hints are we? lol

I was pleased enough the other day when my girlfriend picked up my silver helm champion and started asking why he was different to the rest of the unit... She even then went on to ask about the other command figures and noticed that I only had a banner and musician in the archers!

I'm sorry your friends all beat your army up on your birthday, just consider it birthday beats... did you have 2 6x4 tables at home then? I would think you would need 2/3 tables to hold a 6 player tournament. I'd love to create my own table at home; I plan on making 4/5 boards which are each 4x2 foot and slot together with fixed scenery on them, since you can use them in different combinations and since just rotating a board through 180 degrees (or moving 2 adjacent boards through 90 degrees) still leaves you with a 6x4 board but with a completely different setup it provides many many options.
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log
Jimmy
Centurion

#3 Post by Jimmy »

Had 3 tables going so everyone was involved and the wife kept bringing out loads of food to fatten us all up. Was a great day.

Yeah I got absolutely smashed in the games but not to worry.

I'd love to eventually get a game in with the wife so I'll have to propose that to her down the track.
Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
Caradryal

#4 Post by Caradryal »

What a brilliant birthday present well thought out :-)

Deffo gona show the to my missus! Lol
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=46653]New Blog - Warlock of the Black Tower(8th Edition)[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=49906]Ogre Blog - The Manglegut Tribe[/url]

[color=#000000]Caradryal's Host (HE) W 1 D 0 L 1[/color]
[color=#FF0000]The Manglegut Tribe (Ogres) W 3 D0 L2[/color]
Andrew_uk

#5 Post by Andrew_uk »

I've played a game before now against my girlfriend so you never know? My brother helped her out a lot though and we played 600 points vs 500 points she just told him what she wanted the units to do. I played my brothers girlfriend too, she was wanting a proper battle so we played 2000 points and I picked the fluffiest army I could and he helped her pick a decent army, needless to say I won both lol but I suppose that would be expected.

My girlfriend even got involved with some painting, she was looking to do some painting with me and said she was tempted to get an army. She considered Daemons (because she thought the Daemonettes looked cool), wood elves and empire (because she wanted an army with horses and my brother and I already have high elves and bretonnians)... ultimately she realised she just wanted to paint some horses so she could spend some time with me while I was painting. If she one day gets together a small 1500 point empire force themed mostly around cavalry that will be pretty cool, though obviously totally uncompetitive.
Bring me my bow of burning gold, bring me my arrows of desire, bring me my spear O' Clouds unfold, bring me my chariot of FIRE!

Check out my rather slow caledor themed painting log and my dragon project... also my faster moving nurgle themed Warriors of Chaos themed painting log