Where in the world should Andy go?

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ricold
Wise Old Dwarf

Re: Where in the world should Andy go?

#31 Post by Ricold »

Aryel wrote:Are you really that angry because of a website? Don't occurred to you that maybe Andy matured this past years and he's not the same person he was and deserves another chance? I know I am and many others too. And besides, I would like to think giving people a 2nd (and maybe a 3rd) chance was characteristic of this community, but perhaps I'm wrong, and forgiveness is not part of the Loremaster's vocabulary.
Another chance? Another chance! He had other chances, over a long time we warned him, we tried asking him, and he kept defying us, and not showing any remorse. Even now did he come back and ask the Loremasters nicely if he could return and apologise for his behaviour in the past? No, he broke the site rules (posting while banned), and you're trying to tell me he's matured to the point he doesn't do things like that? Demonstration of the opposite was found.

Am I being childish? Yeah. What you going to do about it?

Oh, and I have no need to offer forgiveness any more. I am not a Loremaster, nor do I speak on behalf of anyone except myself. I certainly do not speak on behalf of the staff that I am not a part of. When I was a Loremaster I probably was more forgiving. I've changed too over the decade I've been with this site, I've become a lot more cynical and cold hearted. I've ceased caring.

This lack of care is one reason I am no longer on the site staff. I stopped being up to the job, so stopped doing the job. I know when to walk away, and you're all the better for it.

But please do not attribute my words as those of a Loremaster. I'm sure you'll get a lot more tact from them.
Ricold, Not site owner any more, largely absent. PM me if you want me. PM Prince of Spires if you need the head Loremaster.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#32 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Being privy to topics of olde, and knowing the history of Andy's constant abuse of shadow accounts and of the forum rules and general manners of the online community.

I agree with and support the decision for yet another ban, and it is not because I'm now a mod and do as such, but because of the like-minded Off Topic'ers that I don't delve into the sub forum very often.
I find it at the best of times balancing on the fence of Flaming Troll Attacking the outsiders. I know there are literally dozens, if not hundreds of users who basically only survive in the Off Topic section, but you should remember that this IS A SITE DEDICATED TO WARHAMMER FANTASY HIGH ELVES, and there's rarely a time where there is a user stepping out of line within the main Asur sections, and it's more often that not within the Off Topic section that things get wildly out of control, some might find it amusing and fun, but for some it is also uncomfortable and downright bad manners and falls poorly on the site etiquette as a whole.

The site should be a nice place to come with it's rules upheld.
Not the opposite..
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Paraicj

#33 Post by Paraicj »

That's because it's only in the off topic section that anything worth getting out of control about happens (Happened?). As in, getting out of control about a discussion on the relative merits of the death penalty vs life imprisonment is a bit more understandable than about elves being toughness 3 or the slap=dash nature of the new model line. Also, "Wildly out of control" sounds...well, wildly exaggerated.

I like(d) Andy and he made the place more interesting, but I don't spend enough time here to bother starting some kind of bring-him-back crusade.
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg11hc95.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/mora3q5k.gif[/img]
[i]Dread Lord Zakhital Goremane the Incompetent, 181 kills 5/22/11
[color=red][b]Vaul's Vengeful Villain[/b][/color]
[url=http://img3.abload.de/img/paraicamonueiq.jpg]Paraicamon, I choose you![/url][/i]
Allerion
Librarian

#34 Post by Allerion »

My favorite part of the whole "Andy" thing is the post he got banned for, how it really wasnt that offensive and all....

Im pretty sure I said more offensive things in the thread the lores made about "Why we banned Andy"

Since this is becoming "Why we banned Andy 2.0" - youre all retarded. (in advance, im sure youre all going to say stupid stuff at some point in this thread, then its going to get locked because the lores dont want this whole andy thing to come up again, which it inevitably will every time andy pops his head back in. so, youre all retarded.)
Excited for TOW
Giladis
The Merlord

#35 Post by Giladis »

Thanks on the advice Allerion and considering Andy is no longer here to participate, this topic is locked.