Get video games into the classic fm hall of fame

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Silvarus

Get video games into the classic fm hall of fame

#1 Post by Silvarus »

I know im new here but we must make this so! head here and help us get video game music into the 2012 classic.fm music hall of fame =]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Video ... 3792126219

oh and spread the word pls =]
Silver
Shiny and Polished

Re: Get video games into the classic fm hall of fame

#2 Post by Silver »

I'm a great video game music fan, but just the Info on that facebook paged turned me away, always with the popular stuff instead of the good stuff. No one wants to hear those annoying Final Fantasy musics in 50 different remix and whatnot so I will go for NO to "bring Aerith's Theme to #1" ;P

Motoi Sakuraba is definitely one of the greatest video game music composer out there. Its been over 10 years and I still very often listen to Star Ocean 2 OST, Valkyrie Profile 1 & 2 OSTs and sometimes SO3 OST but the Star Ocean 2 OST was definitely one of his best work ever. He also co-composed the music from Tales of Phantasia back on the SNES and it is magnificent and memorable.

However the popular opinion is never one to follow so the FM chart will have no vote from me~
The more people that like something, the less it seems to be any good.

So other than my biased choice of Motoi Sakuraba and a few of the games he composed for, there was the music for the dot-Hack series which was quite good as well, a bit too much "techno" (im terrible at music genres so whatever, too many fake intruments and computer generated sounds) in some of the pieces but overall strong and a good vibe.

And the only Final Fantasy music I would even lend my ear to is the original Final Fantasy Tactics game.
Also for the connoisseur - Terranigma - Underworld. Mindblowing if you played the game, still awesome otherwise (MIDI quality ftw), here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yLg5C-uD1Y
Kalandros Shadowsun