SKYRIM, a Blog of sorts..

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

SKYRIM, a Blog of sorts..

#1 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Just got Skyrim a day early Holy Dren... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Awesomeness comes in disk format now..
Last edited by Asurion Whitestar on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

Re: SKYRIM, Oh my..

#2 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

If this is what Dragons are really like, I'm taking one in every one of my Army Lists from now on.. :D
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

Re: SKYRIM, a Blog of sorts..

#3 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Lv 3 now and Ancient Nordic stuff is Sweeet.

My Character is a Nordic Male.
Novacles (Pronounced: No-va-klease, like Hercules, but not gay. :wink: )
A sneaky, warrior, archer, mage, atm.

Graphics are astounding. Sound is amazing. Sensitivity is a little high (so I turned it down a notch). Gameplay is Frelling awesome, a little glitchy at tight spots, just like Oblivion. Characters very customizable, actually good this time, more natural settings, alot more hairstyles, etc. and the Sky is Perfect as always :) .

Anybody else getting Skyrim...?
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Mentheus of Caledor

#4 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

Got it is arvo when I heard it came out early. Once again a spanner in the works of my uni study :)
It's pretty awesome. Currently running as a sneaky archer/assassin :)
Fun times, fun times.
"They thought we had all but died out, but as we take to the skies our foes will tremble with fear, for they will know the True Dragon Princes have returned."
EricJ

#5 Post by EricJ »

I probably am, but waiting for reliable reviews and/or the Razor1911-edition before getting it. Funds are tight right now.
[i]"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."[/i]
- [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvBQyRTJD8]Barack Obama[/url]
Waaagh

#6 Post by Waaagh »

You should all have a sit on a pike, as it becomes available only after 6 hours!
And you buggers are already hyping :D
Dwarven gravitational theory states that enough ale will make anything fall down.
EricJ

#7 Post by EricJ »

The Razor1911-edition is available now at your favorite filesharing-site.
[i]"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."[/i]
Jimmy
Centurion

#8 Post by Jimmy »

You should all be ashamed of yourselves, there are still models to paint! :)
Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#9 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Jimmy wrote:You should all be ashamed of yourselves, there are still models to paint! :)
But there are also Dragons to slay.. ;)
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#10 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Lv5
And there are kids and dogs in Skyrim.. :shock:
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#11 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Gotta wait till Christmas.

Besides, I've got MW3 to tide me over.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Ghost

#12 Post by Ghost »

Is it an independent plot from the previous games or a continuation? Looks really good but i've never played the older ones, want to know whether i should back track first or just start from Skyrim.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#13 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Ghost wrote:Is it an independent plot from the previous games or a continuation? Looks really good but i've never played the older ones, want to know whether i should back track first or just start from Skyrim.
Each elder scrolls game is independant of itself, each one has it's merits, the current one is set in Skyrim, where the Nords live, and Dragons have suddenly awoken from their slumber / apparent extintion.
Have you played Fallout 3 ?
It's by the same guys.
And plays much like it, except better.. :mrgreen:
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#14 Post by Eldacar »

Asurion Whitestar wrote:
Ghost wrote:Is it an independent plot from the previous games or a continuation? Looks really good but i've never played the older ones, want to know whether i should back track first or just start from Skyrim.
Each elder scrolls game is independant of itself, each one has it's merits, the current one is set in Skyrim, where the Nords live, and Dragons have suddenly awoken from their slumber / apparent extintion.
Technically, they've awoken as a result of actions that reach all the way back to the events of Morrowind, and possibly earlier (but mostly Morrowind, owing to when the Nerevarine broke one of the pillars holding up reality, leading to Oblivion gates opening, leading to there only being a single remaining pillar - White Gold Tower - left to keep the world together). As dragons, they exist IIRC as aspects of Alduin, also known as Akatosh, Auri-El, and Time, the one of the Aedra who was essentially sacrificed to the greatest extent along with Lorkhan to create Mundus. Because Alduin (the Nordic Akatosh) is the creator-destroyer, he takes reality apart (of course, you can blame the genocidal High Elves, particularly Mankar Camoran, for this; they actually won in Oblivion) so that time (Akatosh/Alduin/Auri-El) will be freed from the constraints of Mundus to return to the mythic Dawn, unbound and traveling on into eternity (since the Mer, particularly the High Elves, would be theoretically returned to their pre-Dawn state and reconnected to the Divine, they want this... a lot).

Anyway, I have Skyrim now. It's time to join the new Dragon Break.
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
[21:39:49] <Cenyu> Bold words, flying Dutchman.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#15 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Eldacar wrote:
Asurion Whitestar wrote:
Technically, they've awoken as a result of actions that reach all the way back to the events of Morrowind, and possibly earlier (but mostly Morrowind, owing to when the Nerevarine broke one of the pillars holding up reality, leading to Oblivion gates opening, leading to there only being a single remaining pillar - White Gold Tower - left to keep the world together). As dragons, they exist IIRC as aspects of Alduin, also known as Akatosh, Auri-El, and Time, the one of the Aedra who was essentially sacrificed to the greatest extent along with Lorkhan to create Mundus. Because Alduin (the Nordic Akatosh) is the creator-destroyer, he takes reality apart (of course, you can blame the genocidal High Elves, particularly Mankar Camoran, for this; they actually won in Oblivion) so that time (Akatosh/Alduin/Auri-El) will be freed from the constraints of Mundus to return to the mythic Dawn, unbound and traveling on into eternity (since the Mer, particularly the High Elves, would be theoretically returned to their pre-Dawn state and reconnected to the Divine, they want this... a lot).

Anyway, I have Skyrim now. It's time to join the new Dragon Break.
Yeah that's what I meant... #-o :wink:

Of course I meant that the games arent a direct sequel to each other, kind of like how the Zelda series is. And not directly Linked (lol you see what I did there..?) like other games such as the halo saga or Gears, and Sonic (2D) or Earthworm Jim.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#16 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I've played them all, I'll have to get this one too, a shame it came out on a non pay week ^_^'
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Idaho

#17 Post by Idaho »

Is the 3rd person mode any good? I know, many people will be shocked to hear me say it but I prefer close combat games to be 3rd person...
EricJ

#18 Post by EricJ »

Damn you, ridiculously low data caps! I've downloaded 35 of the 50-something rar-files, but with 4 GB per day the rest will have to wait until tomorrow.

Seriously, North Americans -- how do you ever expect to become front-nations of the IT-industry when a typical broadband subscription here is twice as expensive and half as good as an ordinary European one? Data caps are so 1990's. #-o
Phloop

#19 Post by Phloop »

EricJ wrote:Damn you, ridiculously low data caps! I've downloaded 35 of the 50-something rar-files, but with 4 GB per day the rest will have to wait until tomorrow.

Seriously, North Americans -- how do you ever expect to become front-nations of the IT-industry when a typical broadband subscription here is twice as expensive and half as good as an ordinary European one? Data caps are so 1990's. #-o
HA! HAHAHAHA! You're complaining about 4GB a DAY?!
In South Africa entry level broadband is capped at 1 or 2 GB a MONTH. I don't have internet at home because the install cost my whole months paycheck. Then, line rental and ISP costs are a full quarter of my salary for a decent line. Then some companies limit you on what you can use it on too!
Sorry, buddy, no sympathy for you.
[size=50]Track record since May 2011:[/size]
Ξ W 16 Ξ L 34 Ξ D 5 Ξ
[quote="Ptolemy"]Becalming [Cognition] is a bastard. Its a bastard child of OJ Simpson and Cruella DeVille. [...] As if having a giant Toad that got instructions on magic from ET wasn't enough, they give it the powers of Zen Buddhist Kung-Fu flick monks on top of it.[/quote]
EricJ

#20 Post by EricJ »

Consider the IP over Avian Carrier-protocol. The latency is quite bad, but if you load up the birds with USB-sticks of several gigabytes, you'd probably get better throughput, perfect for file-sharing. :D
Allerion
Librarian

#21 Post by Allerion »

Thats why you dont visit 2nd world countries instead of a first rate shithole to your south. :wink:
Excited for TOW
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#22 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Yes, well anyway..

I slew my first Dragon last night, then discovered giants and mammoths are worse, only because they're in your face and they don't fly around breathing ice on a Nord (silly Dragon.. :wink: ).

Lv 12 atm, and I also bought a Horse (Ally), you'll get the reference when you get there.. :wink:
MAGIC is POWER.. :P
Sleeping Tree Cave, the tree has the best natural potion in the game (so far anyway).
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#23 Post by Eldacar »

Asurion Whitestar wrote:I slew my first Dragon last night, then discovered giants and mammoths are worse, only because they're in your face and they don't fly around breathing ice on a Nord (silly Dragon.. :wink: ).
This might be relevant to your situation.
"Hi guys, I just want to say that for some unknown reason I dreamed the entire Lore team was on my roof last night and we were barbequing a marlin while discussing some rand stuff. It was vivid enough for me that my mother had to wake me up to stop me from mumbling and twitching, believing I was having a nightmare." ~Giladis

"Think of the Loremasters as irresponsible parents. VictorK is the one you need to talk to if you want permission for something, I'm the evil parent that says 'no' and Eldacar is your grumpy grandfather who fought in some war and is scary and authoritative." ~Ruerl Khan

"And believe me, I like my websites like I like my boyfriends: wild, free, and unlikely to give me a virus." ~Sirist

[21:39:08] <Lethalis> Cenyu; I figured that with all the smoke that always seems to hang around you, you'd be used to it.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#24 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Eldacar wrote:
Asurion Whitestar wrote:I slew my first Dragon last night, then discovered giants and mammoths are worse, only because they're in your face and they don't fly around breathing ice on a Nord (silly Dragon.. :wink: ).
This might be relevant to your situation.
ROFL, Thankyou for that Eldacar.. :P
Yes, it is very relevant. :)
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Ashlian

#25 Post by Ashlian »

play as high elf, mageknight, reached lv. 21 and killed 4 dragons. so far so good but then I got hit by an ice spell and an icicle formed on my right arm. problem is it wont go away!!! guess just bad luck and a minor flaw but this probably means I have to start all over again,... sigh. anyone any ideas to fix this? I have PS3 version. (PS: I've got no save-file from before I got hit)
painting models: [url]http://warhammerhighelveswhitelions.blogspot.be/[/url]
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#26 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Ashlian wrote:play as high elf, mageknight, reached lv. 21 and killed 4 dragons. so far so good but then I got hit by an ice spell and an icicle formed on my right arm. problem is it wont go away!!! guess just bad luck and a minor flaw but this probably means I have to start all over again,... sigh. anyone any ideas to fix this? I have PS3 version. (PS: I've got no save-file from before I got hit)
OMG that's wicked and epic fail at the same time.. :P #-o

I'd check the UESP wiki for solutions to your icicle issue. (UESP: Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages. If you haven't heard of it. :) )
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Eldacar
Auctoritas Principis

#27 Post by Eldacar »

Ashlian wrote:play as high elf, mageknight, reached lv. 21 and killed 4 dragons. so far so good but then I got hit by an ice spell and an icicle formed on my right arm. problem is it wont go away!!! guess just bad luck and a minor flaw but this probably means I have to start all over again,... sigh. anyone any ideas to fix this? I have PS3 version. (PS: I've got no save-file from before I got hit)
It's supposed to disappear after a while. However, the game is plagued by a number of glitches (like every other Bethesda game at release), so sometimes they don't go away. If restarting your PS3 doesn't get rid of the issue - save, turn it off, turn it back on - then you'll have to start over. The PS3 doesn't have access to the console, which you might be able to use to remove the glitch if you had a PC version. One other option is to try and get yourself blasted by the spell again, and see if that will fix it.

(Playing as an Altmer? For shame. They're not generally the "good guys" in TES.)

Meif

#28 Post by Meif »

The audio bugs are annoying. I had to tone down them to 24-bit 48 kHz just to make the damn game not crash in main menu screen. When people talk I have to turn like they're on my left or right, then I hear it clearly but only from one speaker. I tried headphones but doesn't really help. Meh, I think I'll just play Might & Magic Heroes VI until they fix this sound issue.
[quote="EricJ"]I guess Swedes are just a tad more gay than your average European.
And Finns a tad more masculine.[/quote]
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#29 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

I haven't had any problems with crashes, glitches or frame rate at all... must be a PC thing :P .

The only thing close was when a giant caught me, and Happy Gilmored me into the air, literally 100 game meters.. :lol:
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Ashlian

#30 Post by Ashlian »

@Eldacar: tried reset several times, got myself hit by more ice-spells and went dragon hunting to see if they could burn it of with their breath attack. everything failed (but I've slain yet another 2 dragons :wink: ). about "not generally the good guys" thats just perspective.
I remeber a certain phoenix king who was to proud to converse with the dwarfs, started a war over it and lost his life and his crown (fool). yet dispite their idiocy (somtimes), the warhammer high elves are considered "good". try explaining this to malekith, slaanesh and grom.

@Asurion: about glitches, Do you have PS3 or XBOX? with PS3 you can see your save-file expand with every passing hour. if it's the same as fallout 3 then this means that when it reaches "critacal mass" your hell will break loose. after playing fallout 3 for about 50 hours the gamescreen started to freeze for no reason at all => you'd have to reset. eventually I finished the game after 80 hours but counting all the resets it probably took me at least 6 hours extra.
painting models: [url]http://warhammerhighelveswhitelions.blogspot.be/[/url]