Elfish propaganda and centralised East

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Prince

Elfish propaganda and centralised East

#1 Post by Prince »

Anyone here plays "the Battle of Five Armies"? Well you should: great game, it really is!
During the long lasting procces of the game, that most of us are familiar with via the 8th rule book, my farther and I started a very interesting discussion about Orks.
Who are they? What do we know about them? And mainly; where does the information come from? Yes, of course we could argue that all this is fantazy; however, what if it's not. We all know that many Elvish books and sources have been found prooving the existence of creatures, not similar to any other. Orks are disgusting creatures, selfish, bloodthirsty, disordered, obey their masters only because they are more powerful. They apparently have no understanding in culture and other enlightening stuff.
Here ladies and gentlemen I offer you a unique chance to travel back in time. To the time of middle school history lessons. We shall now analyse the sources. Are they one sided? - "yes" Are there any other sources found to prove the information given to us in the sourses? -" no" Therefore do we think the sources are trustworthy? -"no"
The conclusion should follow, like in any history answer. But this you journey in time, let me spoil it, not.
But like any other good teacher, I will give you something to expand on. Orks have gathered all nations in the east region of the planet. They were strong and able warriors. They had some technology that people and elves couldn't dream of. They were feared and thus through fear comes respect. Who told us that they were greedy? Elvish propaganda did. And Elvish propaganga does play a huge part in all of this.
Please bare with my spelling and comment your conclusions and other thoughts bellow.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Elfish propaganda and centralised East

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

Double post / topic of: http://ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69522. So, locked this one.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.