The Ulthuan Jacuzzi - Come Relax!

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Madeline Merri

The Ulthuan Jacuzzi - Come Relax!

#1 Post by Madeline Merri »

Hey!

Kinda tickled myself with this idea, so I figure I might as well go ahead with it, come what may. I've been around a long time with this website, and if there's one thing that I do know, is at times the OT Board can get real hairy, real fast. Figure there's got to be an opposite force here to kinda battle back the shadows and the frustration, griefery and all that under-the-bed monsterism. This is a thread where you can vent about personal stuff, celebrate joys, have a laugh, and let it drift away. Just don't step on toes, and let's try and learn about the fellow posters, chum it up - something that makes the site better, in my opinion.

There aren't any rules or anything, but you come here to do what you gotta do. Support folks that want it, help out with questions, or even just a swat on the ass (my personal favorite!) for old times sake! Crack a beer, shake a martini, let the wine breathe, and start everything with something that's going on in your life that's kinda good. First post example, launch!

Kinda cool today, I went over to the local Orange Julius shop, to get my usual orange and banana protein smoothie, and there was a cute guy working the counter that gave it to me on the house. Sure, I'm already involved - but it's always nice to get a wink and a tickle over the simple things!

Like, man, there are sometimes when you just feel kinda like you're reaching past your prime, or even just a bad week or two. Snapping out of that feels good, but it's even better when it's someone else that gives you that feeling, kinda takes down the wrinkles and grey hairs a notch.

-Maddo
[i]"So long honeybabe, where I'm bound, I can't tell. Goodbye's too good a word, babe, so I'll just say 'fare thee well'."[/i]
[b]Recent Joys:[/b] MMA Record: 7-5-1 (Retired) Finished a West-Coast tour as a bass player for several acts.
Ferretsnarf

Re: The Ulthuan Jacuzzi - Come Relax!

#2 Post by Ferretsnarf »

I have been sensing a much healthier and friendlier attutude here in the forum lately. I am actually coming out of hiding from the forum. Is it just me sensing that or has anyone else noticed?

Good things in my life? I am finally free from the shackles of my ex-girlfriend. I have gained some real life friends (I spent too many years entirely friendless). I made the dean's list. Life is looking up and I'm feeling good!

I hope to read some good things from others :)
[quote]Ferretsnarf says: Would you screw a Half-Orc?
Kitsune (formerly Lathian) says: Yeah, but wilderness, urban or planar?[/quote]
[b]You're[/b] = Possessive form of [b]You[/b]. Example: [i]You're car is nice. [/i]
[b]Your[/b] = Contraction of [b]You[/b] and [b]Are[/b]. Example: [i]Your a fool.[/i]
[i]Okay, now which loremaster changed my signiature to correct it from that? it is irony[/i]
danceman

#3 Post by danceman »

When opposing objects meet there tend to be a rather spectacular reaction. It is just way the way of things. Add in the text format and the lack of human contact. What we have here is ticking time bomb.

If we do not let people voice their opinion and, indeed, watch the fireworks then what is the point? We're just going to sit here and pretend everything is fine and dandy?
While things get hairy, and sometimes too quickly. If we're not talking about it, we're dealing with it. If we're not dealing it, it won't go away but rather grow in the background. We're humans after all. Sure, sometimes we fight but it is all fun and games in the end, or is it :o

As for me. Hmm, picked up a healthier diet and my workout is having an increasingly visible effect. Though the two might be related, infact, probably are.
[color=darkred][i]It would hardly be fish who discovered the existence of water.[/i] - Kluckhohn, 1949.[/color]
Loki17

#4 Post by Loki17 »

My diet is going well, though I've plateaued at the moment, just waiting for the weather to be nice enough for running again. Also, I found out that my tires have road hazard coverage, so I only have to pay 20% to replace the one that got all messed up.
[quote="Prince_Asuryan"]What if I want someone with the body of a ten year old boy[/quote]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31971&hilit]DING DONG THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAAAAD![/url]
Uther Di Asturien

#5 Post by Uther Di Asturien »

Finished a series of major papers lately, and am about to go out with a girl I met at a club a couple weeks back.
Thinking of taking up writing again, both academic and fiction, and probably moving to the UK in 5-6 months.

Life is good. :wink:
Ambassador of the [url=http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org]Roundtable of Bretonnia[/url]

[quote="EricJ"]You're all (well.. except Raneth) forgetting the age-old dogma: on the internet, all men are men, all women are men, and all children are the FBI.[/quote]
"Brute force with care"
-Luna Guardian
Madeline Merri

#6 Post by Madeline Merri »

Ha, Dance, I'm all for opinions and whatnot. I just find it's easier to play the game when you have sidelines to tell where the rules apply, and not. This is just a little space to take a break and make sure that nothing slips past my ever-vigilant and often inebriated guard.

And sweet - got some more folks here on the bandwagon! Sounds like some people are kicking off the spring right, besides from copious fun with Christmas, New Years, Paddy's Day, it's finally good to have that springtime come around again. It's only a few weeks away from being shorts weather here, booya!

-Maddo
[i]"So long honeybabe, where I'm bound, I can't tell. Goodbye's too good a word, babe, so I'll just say 'fare thee well'."[/i]
[b]Recent Joys:[/b] MMA Record: 7-5-1 (Retired) Finished a West-Coast tour as a bass player for several acts.
Venkh

#7 Post by Venkh »

I am steadily getting fitter and trimmer and have been gradually training myself to run since October.

I am going for 10k without stopping this week and once i hit that I am going to work on my time and a 10k event.

Spring is here, I'm really enjoying working from home after 2 years living in hotels. Roll on summer and working on my laptop in the garden occasionally popping out for some excercise.

I am also working my way through series 1-7 of 24 in the evenings. I'm on series 5 and Jack has just shot a guys wife in the leg. How bloody hardcore can you get!
[img]http://tinyurl.com/yqsh2e/HotWFoR.jpg[/img]
Madeline Merri

#8 Post by Madeline Merri »

Working at home is a pleasure for certain. Anyone that's ever worked out of hotels, vans, RV's, there's a simple pleasure about getting up every single day in the same bed, the same room, with all the same comforts that you enjoy. What do you do for a job?

-Maddo
NoOoDLe

#9 Post by NoOoDLe »

Spring's getting around, finals are blazing, grades are decent without too much effort and I got a lovely girlfriend.. I'm happy for now =P

Shit will hit the fan sooner or later though.. Always happens this time of the year. =3
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/mdelarbre/slaanesh.jpg[/img][quote="Raneth"]Noodle was elected prime minister for the duration of the crisis.[/quote]
lathian

#10 Post by lathian »

I've been getting in more heated arguments than ever, I've had a dozen close freinds and family members confuse my gender in casual conversation, and I've been walking more shoes into oblivion than ever before. I know those sound negative, but gods, do I ever love those little things.
As far as I know, there are only two things that deserve the fear of humanity. Uncertainty, and certainty. The fear of what is certain, one can come to terms with, while the uncertain, one cannot. I seek knowledge because I am a coward.
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Lathian/Lathiansig-1-2.png[/img]
Ferretsnarf

#11 Post by Ferretsnarf »

You sure are a cuddly little bottle of depression, arn't you, Lathian.
[b]You're[/b] = Possessive form of [b]You[/b]. Example: [i]You're car is nice. [/i]
[b]Your[/b] = Contraction of [b]You[/b] and [b]Are[/b]. Example: [i]Your a fool.[/i]
[i]Okay, now which loremaster changed my signiature to correct it from that? it is irony[/i]
Venkh

#12 Post by Venkh »

What do you do for a job?
I am a Generic Product Lead. Dont ask what that is because I dont know and nor does my boss :)

Something to do with computers apparently...

How about you?
[img]http://tinyurl.com/yqsh2e/HotWFoR.jpg[/img]
Allerion
Librarian

#13 Post by Allerion »

got a fencing tourney on sunday, slightly worried about my point control seeing as i havent fenced much this year (first 2 months insanely busy).

Spring break next week... should have been this week, so I could have had my birthday over spring break (one day too early.... :evil: )
Excited for TOW
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#14 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

Well ahead on all my uni work, loads of time. Enjoying my potentially boring dissertation. Easter Holidays coming up. All the little things are good - can't complain too much really.
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
EricJ

#15 Post by EricJ »

[i]"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."[/i]
- [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvBQyRTJD8]Barack Obama[/url]
Madeline Merri

#16 Post by Madeline Merri »

Venkh wrote:How about you?
I work as a saucier at a restaurant not far away from where I live, which is sweet, and I take local musical gigs now and again as a standard 'Chick with Guitar' format.

-Maddo
Paraicj

#17 Post by Paraicj »

I'm gradually getting used to the bubbles in this virtual jacuzzi. It's nice.
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg11hc95.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/mora3q5k.gif[/img]
[i]Dread Lord Zakhital Goremane the Incompetent, 181 kills 5/22/11
[color=red][b]Vaul's Vengeful Villain[/b][/color]
[url=http://img3.abload.de/img/paraicamonueiq.jpg]Paraicamon, I choose you![/url][/i]
Andruillius
The Fool

#18 Post by Andruillius »

And I have a summer job and will officially start my career as a journalist. So take that, haters and people banning me for a week with no explanation (I'm looking at you, Eldacar).
[quote="Ruerl Khan"]What Andy said, he's clearly a cassanova with experience in the field and I wish I had his imagination when it comes to being romantic.[/quote]
[quote="Raneth"]
The answer to your troubles is clear: be sexy and cool like Andy 8)[/quote]
Andruillius
The Fool

#19 Post by Andruillius »

Oi, Andy, I'm getting tired of this stuff. I don't think the OP wants you going after folks for the same crap we've been seeing for like a year.~VictorK
[quote="Ruerl Khan"]What Andy said, he's clearly a cassanova with experience in the field and I wish I had his imagination when it comes to being romantic.[/quote]
[quote="Raneth"]
Ferretsnarf

#20 Post by Ferretsnarf »

Paraicj wrote:I'm gradually getting used to the bubbles in this virtual jacuzzi. It's nice.
Yes, it is rather nice. I'm just a little worried about the X to Y Chromosomal ratio.
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#21 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Hey.
Spartan

#22 Post by Spartan »

Maddo, this is the best new thread I've seen in OT in a long time. I think there's a good chance this'll last a long, long time :D .

Within the past month or so I finally got over that girl that had me depressed for like 3 years.

I also recently brewed my best batch of beer yet. Irish red ale....mmmmm.

And this weekend I'll be attempting to woo quite possibly the greatest girl I've ever met at a wild west-themed murder mystery dinner. I don't know about my chances, but it still feels good...like my emotional self is finally swingin' again.

Yea, this spring has been pretty good to me so far.

*raises beer* Cheers!
[i]"To contemplate letting the alien, the heretic or the traitor win just to save a few million lives is the worst kind of heresy, because it is clad in the mantle of good intentions."[/i]

"I am Aenarion's heir, not Aenarion himself. My fate is my own."
-Tyrion, Champion of the Everqueen
Andruillius
The Fool

#23 Post by Andruillius »

Spartan wrote:Maddo, this is the best new thread I've seen in OT in a long time. I think there's a good chance this'll last a long, long time :D .

Within the past month or so I finally got over that girl that had me depressed for like 3 years.

I also recently brewed my best batch of beer yet. Irish red ale....mmmmm.

And this weekend I'll be attempting to woo quite possibly the greatest girl I've ever met at a wild west-themed murder mystery dinner. I don't know about my chances, but it still feels good...like my emotional self is finally swingin' again.

Yea, this spring has been pretty good to me so far.

*raises beer* Cheers!
You're gonna woo her on a dinner with a bunch of other people? Make sure you get plenty of time for tete-à-tete with her. Rome wasn't built in a day etc.
[quote="Raneth"]
Loki17

#24 Post by Loki17 »

Spartan wrote: I also recently brewed my best batch of beer yet. Irish red ale....mmmmm.
You should definitely save me one of these :D Also, let me know when you're going home for the summer and you can stop by for a beer at the bar.
[quote="Prince_Asuryan"]What if I want someone with the body of a ten year old boy[/quote]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31971&hilit]DING DONG THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAAAAD![/url]
Madeline Merri

#25 Post by Madeline Merri »

Haha - thanks Spartan! Hope all goes well with the woo'age.

And honestly, a Wild-West Murder Mystery doesn't seem to click in my mind. I'd figure that as soon as the first bullet was fired, the entire city would turn into a wild gunfight. Which... I guess if that's what it is, it'd still be pretty cool to be a part of. Last one standing definitely wasn't the killer!

Don't worry about the ratio of X's and Y's - You enter this arena, and you have to realize that there's a distinct 'Mad Max' ratio, where there are like.. three women in the entire movie series, and then like.. eighty other nutters in biker gear with funny accents. Cheers to Tuesday night hijinks!

-Maddo
Spartan

#26 Post by Spartan »

Andruillius wrote: You're gonna woo her on a dinner with a bunch of other people? Make sure you get plenty of time for tete-à-tete with her. Rome wasn't built in a day etc.
Well I've already spent time with her on several occasions. And I asked her out to dinner...for which she turned me down, saying that she wasn't ready to date formally due to a somewhat recent breakup. However, her roommate said that she wouldn't stop talking about how great she thought I was, and she told my roommate that she's definitely interested in me. I'll just have to casually show her that I'm a fun person to be around.

So it's a bumpy road, but I figure that if I ever have an advantage at wooing somebody, it'll be during what is essentially a socially acceptable LARP :P .
Loki17 wrote:You should definitely save me one of these :D Also, let me know when you're going home for the summer and you can stop by for a beer at the bar.
Roger to both of those. I've actually been going home every 3 weekends or so-- I'll let you know the next time I do 8) .
Madeline Merri wrote:And honestly, a Wild-West Murder Mystery doesn't seem to click in my mind.
Yea, it seems a bit strange to me too...these things are usually more upper-class themed. But at least now I have an excuse to wear an enormous fake handlebar mustache :P .
[i]"To contemplate letting the alien, the heretic or the traitor win just to save a few million lives is the worst kind of heresy, because it is clad in the mantle of good intentions."[/i]

Raneth

#27 Post by Raneth »

Spartan wrote:a socially acceptable LARP :P
Contradictio in terminis. ALART!

Good things in life:

- decent job.
- decent results on exams (any landing you can walk away from...)
- less drugs in my life.
- karate and jiujutsu exams coming up (feeling confident.)
- and man, do I look great. 8)

Cheers!
[quote="lathian"]To be frank, I find the notion that innocent lives are of lesser value than those who murder the innocent to be equally reprehensible. I don't like that society will essentially allow a repeat of any atrocity so long as their own hands stay clean.[/quote]
VictorK

#28 Post by VictorK »

"Are you laxin' Nash?"

"I'm afraid I'll never able to 'lax' again, Bob. If I let my resolve slip, even for a moment, I could become all monsters."

"Huh, well that'd be a /real Hinky/."
Prince Elileth

#29 Post by Prince Elileth »

I just drink a lot. That takes care of most of my issues.
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/lmgwwzj.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg3-2iu34.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/lodek0wn.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/campaignpegl.gif[/img]
ANDRUILLIUS IS A GREAT AND NOBLE MEMBER OF THIS BOARD. HE IS GOODNESS. HE IS LIGHT.
Spartan

#30 Post by Spartan »

Prince Elileth wrote:I just drink a lot. That takes care of most of my issues.
Elileth on Facebook wrote:wiggidy wiggidy drunk
Yep, looks like it checks out.