The Ulthuan Jacuzzi - Come Relax!

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Allerion
Librarian

Re: The Ulthuan Jacuzzi - Come Relax!

#1711 Post by Allerion »

I dont get what the appeal of dubstep is.

why is WUB WUB so popular atm?
Excited for TOW
Talifan

#1712 Post by Talifan »

Its the massive bass that is generated from it for clubs and such...I like it cus its very adrenalin stirring while Running or training. I listened to it while doing my Advanced Tactical Training exam preparation.
[color=#FF0080]Live and Fight with Honour, for We are the Most Noble[/color]
[color=#0000FF]2012 Games - (W/L/D) 49-1-0[/color]
[img]http://mawhammer.yolasite.com/resources/Gem1.JPG[/img]
Lord Whitestar's Leviathan Company Champion.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=38785]Blog[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000297179244]Facebook for Talifan[/url]
[quote="Aicanor"]Yes, Sapherian princes are an evil bunch.[/quote]
Giladis
The Merlord

#1713 Post by Giladis »

Allerion wrote:I dont get what the appeal of dubstep is.

why is WUB WUB so popular atm?
It awakes the primordial drum of the heartbeat and the sight of girls twisting to the beat makes the blood rush through the veins. I like it for a slow night out. If I want a wild night I go to a flamenco, chardash or a tango night for some classy sensation 8)
Meif

#1714 Post by Meif »

So Finland made it to the international news again when some douche decided to shoot random people on the street.

:(

One patient is in critical condition, she is a 23-year-old cop.
[quote="EricJ"]I guess Swedes are just a tad more gay than your average European.
And Finns a tad more masculine.[/quote]
Talifan

#1715 Post by Talifan »

People who do those things should not even have a trial...just take them, put on metal shoes, then drop them into a river or the sea and let them suffer that way...
[color=#FF0080]Live and Fight with Honour, for We are the Most Noble[/color]
[color=#0000FF]2012 Games - (W/L/D) 49-1-0[/color]
[img]http://mawhammer.yolasite.com/resources/Gem1.JPG[/img]
Lord Whitestar's Leviathan Company Champion.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=38785]Blog[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000297179244]Facebook for Talifan[/url]
[quote="Aicanor"]Yes, Sapherian princes are an evil bunch.[/quote]
Allerion
Librarian

#1716 Post by Allerion »

talking about shootings, some 21 year old girl in colorado who just graduated was drunk, broke into someones house, and the owners shot her. the girl is now being charged with tresspassing

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-shot-colora ... 25176.html
Excited for TOW
Aryel

#1717 Post by Aryel »

Well... after two years (pretty much) I'm painting again. Of course, I'm only painting the miniatures I bought years ago, and I don't plan gaming again or buying more crap. But still, it's nice.
I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say "snuggle 'em all!"
Giladis
The Merlord

#1718 Post by Giladis »

My parents and little sister left for the seaside and won't be coming back for the next three weeks :twisted:

So I had a wonderful idea to sort out my bitz and models boxes. Since that thought dawned in my mind 8 hours have passed and I am no where close to finishing, though I believe HE should be done in the next half an hour.

So why am I writing this? It really simple.

Hey you veterans of many years of collecting! Yes, you! It pays to check and write down what one has in each box. I managed to find a unit (5 of them along with command blister) of 4th/5th ed Silver Helms that I have completely forgot about and never got to glue them together.

So go forth examine your long closed boxes you might stumble on a pleasant surprise.

Cheers
Paraicj

#1719 Post by Paraicj »

My WH bits and models have not seen the light of day in a long time. Anyone in Ireland want them? They'd be cheap...

I'm in East London, so it's all OLYMPICS round my way. Torch passed my local street on Saturday, saw my first cavalcade (Brazil) on the cycle to work this morning. Six black MPVs with tinted glass and a couple of other cars. Looking forward to seeing more. And the official Irish team pub is a five minute walk from my work. Nice!

Didn't get any tickets though...
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg11hc95.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/mora3q5k.gif[/img]
[i]Dread Lord Zakhital Goremane the Incompetent, 181 kills 5/22/11
[color=red][b]Vaul's Vengeful Villain[/b][/color]
[url=http://img3.abload.de/img/paraicamonueiq.jpg]Paraicamon, I choose you![/url][/i]
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#1720 Post by Luna Guardian »

Giladis wrote:Hey you veterans of many years of collecting! Yes, you! It pays to check and write down what one has in each box. I managed to find a unit (5 of them along with command blister) of 4th/5th ed Silver Helms that I have completely forgot about and never got to glue them together.

So go forth examine your long closed boxes you might stumble on a pleasant surprise.
I know what that feels like, I found two of my chaos trolls, two chaos spawns, about 11 marauders and a box of unopened marauder horsemen last week while doing the exact same thing :D
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
The Silly Dragon

#1721 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Paraicj wrote:|I'm in East London, so it's all OLYMPICS round my way. Torch passed my local street on Saturday, saw my first cavalcade (Brazil) on the cycle to work this morning. Six black MPVs with tinted glass and a couple of other cars. Looking forward to seeing more. And the official Irish team pub is a five minute walk from my work. Nice!

Didn't get any tickets though...
Hey i live in Kent and it passed me only a week ago. Didn't get the chance to see it but thats because i didn't go. The Olympics while a great competition any country that gets it milks it too much. I can't turn on the TV without an advertisement for something non-sport related to have a 'special olympic edition nappies'. The news is annoying with it too (but they always repeat themselves anyways).

I am concerned about the security as it all seems to be a mess (even if they are saying its all good now it feels they just sweeping it under the rug).

I'd gladly take some spare bits off your hands but depends what you got.
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Meif

#1722 Post by Meif »

Next some poetry:

"Roses are gay, violets are gayer, fuck this poem and listen to Slayer"

-random pic on the internet
[quote="EricJ"]I guess Swedes are just a tad more gay than your average European.
And Finns a tad more masculine.[/quote]
Carathril

#1723 Post by Carathril »

Ok.............
well I almost killed/paralysed my best friend with a hockey ball today
:shock: [-X [-X
[color=#000000]~Shadowy Member of the Mage Kight Guild~[/color]
Sturen

#1724 Post by Sturen »

I use to play hockey, now I've moved on to safer, less violent, sports. Like skydiving, boxing and bullfighting.

:D
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
The Silly Dragon

#1725 Post by The Silly Dragon »

I hear Shark Wrestling is a safe sport too, or at least safer then Hockey.
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Mentheus of Caledor

#1726 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

Yeah, it's pretty tame for us down here in Oz :D
"They thought we had all but died out, but as we take to the skies our foes will tremble with fear, for they will know the True Dragon Princes have returned."
The Silly Dragon

#1727 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Isn't gravity your worst enemy over there? Must be hard with everything being upside down. :P
Carathril

#1728 Post by Carathril »

The Silly Dragon wrote:Isn't gravity your worst enemy over there? Must be hard with everything being upside down. :P
Australians are just that awesome that we do everything upside down, we'be even invented our own language "Strayan". As you can see we have achieved slot more than the Poms in 200 years
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#1729 Post by Luna Guardian »

Carathril wrote:Ok.............
Hockey...ball?
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
Carathril

#1730 Post by Carathril »

Yes in the true form of the game you play with a ball not a puck
Allerion
Librarian

#1731 Post by Allerion »

Luna Guardian wrote:
Carathril wrote:Ok.............
Hockey...ball?
Apparently you finns lack basic hockey knowledge
Excited for TOW
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#1732 Post by Luna Guardian »

Yeah, we're just good at it. Like most other things, no idea how it's supposed to work, we just do it :p

lathian

#1733 Post by lathian »

The fact this is still around since I was last here really emphasizes that jack shit all has been going on here. Comforting to know.
As far as I know, there are only two things that deserve the fear of humanity. Uncertainty, and certainty. The fear of what is certain, one can come to terms with, while the uncertain, one cannot. I seek knowledge because I am a coward.
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Lathian/Lathiansig-1-2.png[/img]
Ferretsnarf

#1734 Post by Ferretsnarf »

You're still alive? Weird.
[quote]Ferretsnarf says: Would you screw a Half-Orc?
Kitsune (formerly Lathian) says: Yeah, but wilderness, urban or planar?[/quote]
[b]You're[/b] = Possessive form of [b]You[/b]. Example: [i]You're car is nice. [/i]
[b]Your[/b] = Contraction of [b]You[/b] and [b]Are[/b]. Example: [i]Your a fool.[/i]
[i]Okay, now which loremaster changed my signiature to correct it from that? it is irony[/i]
Giladis
The Merlord

#1735 Post by Giladis »

I am not quite sure how I feel at the moment. I am both angry, frustated and borderline helpless. As it stands the goverment has announced the new Property Tax that will be implemented on 01.01.2013. and from the info currently available it should cost my family at least 6000€ not counting variations between counties. That is 18% our annual income :x

One of the reasons this is getting implemented becuase the goverment decided to much valuable property is economicaly unused so this tax should encourage people to put things on the market. The worst is they have the courage to tell us that into our faces on the national TV. "Here is a tax that will force many of you to sell lots of your property that can then be bought by the rich (mostly banks) and then rented back to you!"

May lightning strike them all!!! [-o<
Teledor

#1736 Post by Teledor »

Giladis wrote:The worst is they have the courage to tell us that into our faces on the national TV. "Here is a tax that will force many of you to sell lots of your property that can then be bought by the rich (mostly banks) and then rented back to you!"
Unfortunately my friend, that is actually the best thing about it. At least they told you the real reason why they want to change your tax rate. Common mistake in young democracies. Being the cynical American that I am, I come to expect every reason for any new law put out by any politician to be just a smoke screen. For instance, "We want to cut taxes for the job creators" - read we want our wealthy donors to retain more money so they can donate more money to us so we can cut their taxes further. There are plenty more examples on both sides of the isle, that's just the first that came to mind. Anyhow, thank your current politicians for their honesty and proceed to attempt to vote them out in the next election. Laws can always be changed back.
Allerion
Librarian

#1737 Post by Allerion »

Giladis wrote:One of the reasons this is getting implemented becuase the goverment decided to much valuable property is economicaly unused so this tax should encourage people to put things on the market. The worst is they have the courage to tell us that into our faces on the national TV. "Here is a tax that will force many of you to sell lots of your property that can then be bought by the rich (mostly banks) and then rented back to you!"
So basically Croatia is done with farming. Interesting. Is this tax nation-wide? Or only in major cities where land is at a premium?
Excited for TOW
Giladis
The Merlord

#1738 Post by Giladis »

It is a nationwide tax, on everything that is calsified as immobile property (not sure how that is called in English), woodlands, farm fields, grazing medows, flats, houses, barns, you name it.

As for farming the draught will ruin what little is left and drive most to bankrupcy. I know US is also experiencing drought but we are entering the 11th month of it. Farming on its own isn't dying out one could say that is having a revival. Since the crisis began in 2008 the number of farmers producing food for the markets has dropped but the number of substance farmers has increased by nearly 300% (these are people that only produce farming products to feed themselves and have animal husbandry for their own needs and no other source of income). One could say the countryside is reverting to the preindustrial age but growing your own food for your own needs will not help these people buecause they will have to pay tax and in order to pay it the will have to sell stuff to get the money they do not have #-o

What Croatia (to the extent the rest of the world) is refeudalisation of the society with rich families controling the political parties governing the countries and slowly through "progressive" reforms amasing wealth in the hands of the few by impovershing all others and then forcing your to rent what was once yours in order to live.

To hell with this illusion that is democracy, at least in a Monarchy or Dictatorship you know what you are dealing with and can adapt accordingly rather than these webs of lies, illusions and apparent freedoms that aren't :x
Keith

#1739 Post by Keith »

Giladis wrote:I am not quite sure how I feel at the moment. I am both angry, frustated and borderline helpless. As it stands the goverment has announced the new Property Tax that will be implemented on 01.01.2013. and from the info currently available it should cost my family at least 6000€ not counting variations between counties. That is 18% our annual income :x

One of the reasons this is getting implemented becuase the goverment decided to much valuable property is economicaly unused so this tax should encourage people to put things on the market. The worst is they have the courage to tell us that into our faces on the national TV. "Here is a tax that will force many of you to sell lots of your property that can then be bought by the rich (mostly banks) and then rented back to you!"

May lightning strike them all!!! [-o<
What is the value of the properties. It is hard to tell how "extreme" that is without knowing the total value the tax is on.
Defender of Ulthuan
Giladis
The Merlord

#1740 Post by Giladis »

They are aiming at 1% of the value of the property.