The origins of your forum avatar

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Pecten Kalderon

#61 Post by Pecten Kalderon »

I take that as a positive comment :D
I do smile a lot, only not when I'm aware of a camera. The only things that work sometimes is placing Elias somewhere left or right from the photographer and looking at him or imagining I'm looking at him O:)
Waiting for Elias to say something stupid again like dancing hobbits nightmares or narcists jerking off in front of mirrors.
Arondight

#62 Post by Arondight »

FSN and Fire Emblem. I recognize most of the anime and comic titles used here, sadly, and Berserk is one heck of a messed up ...thing.
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/amaranthwtlu.gif[/img]
Colors are fragrant, but they fade away. In this world of ours, nothing live forever. Today, let us cross into the realm of reality, and let there be no shallow dreaming.

Farewell.
Alathenar

#63 Post by Alathenar »

A Phoenix to honour the Phoenix King! Plus i really like the look of this Phoenix.
[i]"You only get one chance to make a last impression."[/i]
[i]"For every choice, a consequence."[/i]
Andruillius
The Fool

#64 Post by Andruillius »

Raukov wrote:Inya...
We're gonna see quarrels, only with Inya, come to Inya she's got quarrels (forget Eric)

...I'll get me coat.
[quote="Ruerl Khan"]What Andy said, he's clearly a cassanova with experience in the field and I wish I had his imagination when it comes to being romantic.[/quote]
[quote="Raneth"]
The answer to your troubles is clear: be sexy and cool like Andy 8)[/quote]
Ghost

#65 Post by Ghost »

Mine is just link, fits nicely and nothing complex... Can't remeber what i had prior to this been a long time of trolling around :)
Ashnari Doomsong
The Riddler

#66 Post by Ashnari Doomsong »

Mine...
Oh. Wait.
[quote][i]I’m not offering these revisions for Mubarak! I don’t care about this government. What is important is that I killed people—Copts, innocent persons—and before I meet God I should declare my sins.[/i][/quote]

-A condemned man in an Egyptian prison. Now executed.
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

#67 Post by Burning Sun »

Yeah, Ashnari, I was planning on asking, why don't you have an avatar?
[size=90]Ex-Loremaster, despite what some of the profile may say, I can't edit it any more. Contact one of the others for issues.

Whaia e koe ki te iti kahurangi; ki te tuohu koe, me maunga teitei - Maori Proverb
(Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain)[/size]
Paraicj

#68 Post by Paraicj »

The great Doomsong is beyond such mortal frivolities. :D
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg11hc95.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/lw6ecde.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/mora3q5k.gif[/img]
[i]Dread Lord Zakhital Goremane the Incompetent, 181 kills 5/22/11
[color=red][b]Vaul's Vengeful Villain[/b][/color]
[url=http://img3.abload.de/img/paraicamonueiq.jpg]Paraicamon, I choose you![/url][/i]
Ashnari Doomsong
The Riddler

#69 Post by Ashnari Doomsong »

I *had* an avatar. I actually had two. However, I no longer do for reasons intrinsically connected to an exceptional laziness on my part. Basically, when it disappeared I said "Meh" and decided that my posts could represent me best and that I couldn't be arsed to find a new picture.
[quote][i]I’m not offering these revisions for Mubarak! I don’t care about this government. What is important is that I killed people—Copts, innocent persons—and before I meet God I should declare my sins.[/i][/quote]

Kiwi

#70 Post by Kiwi »

Im a proud Kiwi and my avatars our flag :)
sidorio

#71 Post by sidorio »

If i said I liked the watchmen movie and that one of the characters really appeeled to me would people be able to guess it.

Before my current one ot was a pick of the Grim Reaper which is what i currently use on Druchii.net.
The world will look up and shout "Save us!"... And I'll whisper "No."

[img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg4003k.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/p25iqs.gif[/img]

[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/ravencatcher/RatsofRuin.jpg[/img]

Vash nir the Black; 104 Kills 6/23/8
Amun-Lothain

#72 Post by Amun-Lothain »

Similar to the avatar I use on the Tomb Kings board, just a different angle. A statue of Akhenaten, the most interesting Pharoah, even though his son gets all the glory.

Changed my avatar for Hour of the Wolf. Needed something more war-like.

My avatar after the invasion of the Links, modified by Bone Idol. Couldn't bring myself to change it, so I stuck with it until the new campaign.

My crappy attempt at an avatar for the campaign.

Settled on something that fit better with my new allegiance. :P
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1459/lvl1.jpg[/img]
Setesh Akhen-Isfet, Commander of the Heralds of Oblivion
RE.Lee

#73 Post by RE.Lee »

Mine's a certain newsreporter.

I think I had Marat Safin in the beginning but quickly switched to the current one.
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Nagathi

#74 Post by Nagathi »

Ahh, a possible stroll down memory lane. Sure.

The oldest avatar file I have on my computer. This one was for my Druchii.net account, created by the great Shadowspite for me. I think I used this avatar in 2003.

The first avatar I used on my own site, The Raining Glade (which later became Asrai.org). It's a rather hedonistic symbol and I thought it fitted with the ways of Wood Elves. Can't remember where I got it from.

This is the avatar I used prior to the HotW campaign. I am a Nintendo fan, and my favourite games series is, of course, Legend of Zelda. This is a pic I found when googling for "Zelda Link avatar" or similar. Yeah, I was a bit boring by then :)

Continuing with my Zelda themed avatars, this is the avatar I made for the HotW campaign, but Bone Idol fixed it up a bit and made the lighting work (as I had only used MS Paint to add in the different pictures). The background is actually a pic of the Eiffel Tower in the moonlight, but conveniantly obscured by Princess Zelda ;)
The avatar was in a smaller size, of course.

Mel'Reyna offered to make avatars and signature images for people, and I felt like updating my Link image to something more spiffy. Being the Slaaneshi person I am, I asked for it to contain Link and be purple/pink. This is what she produced.

When I asked Mel'Reyna to create a signature iimage for me, I wanted an avatar to fit that image. She is an amazing artist, and this is what she produced for me. I am still quite fascinated at how well she can blend different images as well as add her own effects.

Image Image
Then came the time when I felt the urge to have as avatar a picture of myself. Myself in my Nagathi-t-shirt, even. I also created a version with a Santa hat for this last xmas.

When I got my new laptop and installed Linux on it, I felt the urge to celebrate the wonderful Tux. And being the Slaaneshi person I am, I found a picture of a pink baby Tux. I added a background, border and wrote my name on it.

~ Naggie
[list][url=http://www.asrai.org][img]http://www.asrai.org/siggie2.png[/img][/url][/list]
Ramesesis

#75 Post by Ramesesis »

Strollz down Memory lane... BAH!!!

Have had plenty of those and more to spare beside them. Avatar here, crappy banner there... However, I must say those I really felt me where in use some time prior to the Hour of the Wolf, when I was reigning Prince of the West Grumble, the only official title this ungrateful site have ever bestowed on this old most noble and honourable of grumpy ones... grumble...

Well, to start with, a most important avatar that came to see the light of day during the War of the Beard was this one and I think you will see why...

This is Captain Mainwaring, Bank director and Homeguard Captain of the Walmington-on-Sea Home guard during World War II from the best ever sitcom "Dad´s army".
During the War of the Beard, I formed a network of part-time players in the Asur fraction, named the Homeguard. We became a very merry bunch with high profile and top-notch cohesion, feared by friend and foe alike.

I went back to different ones, among them being a re-cut version of this one:

Now, it´s not me, but he is almost as honourable and badass looking like myself, so Thoumas as teutonic knight fitted me well for a period.

But on comes the Hour of the Wolf, the defining moment of my Avatar career. Once more Captain Mainwaring steeped forward, calling are right thinking warriors to join the ranks of the Reiksmen.
In this campaign partook a very noble and honourable fellow called Bone_Idol, the most talented artist I have yet seen among us Warhammer fans.
(Sorry Pecten, Nimi, Arondight, Sianelle. All you ladies are muses of the arts and astounding creators... but to me, Bone_Idol is still in a league of his own. You all share second place, tough).

Bone_Idol turned out to be just the same Dad´s Army fan like I was, and the propaganda bantering between the Reiksmen and the Khemrians came to be defined by this.
And to my greatest honour, Bone_Idol gifted me with what he saw as the personification of the spirit of Ramesesis/Mathi Alfblut.
Namely this Avatar:

Damn, I still get so moved when I think about the story behind this Avatar, this meshing of the spirit of Captain Mainwaring and grumbling Rammie/Mathi Alfblut. When you look at him you almost expect him to spit out a hearty BAH!!! into your face and attack a Star Dragon with his Bugmans keg just because it what you gotta do no matter the consequences!

Quite litterary, that is now my Avatar, the Avatar of Ramesesis/Mathi Alfblut. For the moment I got another one at Warhammer-Empire, but this IS Ramesesis/Mathi Alfblut.
When I look at it I get filled with pride and determination to struggle on and like Jack Sparrow draw my hanger and stare down into the jaws of the Kraken and say "Hello beastie!"

As a note, another gifted artist. Not in Bone_Idol league (but he got one of his own) but still a damn fine banner artist Mel'Reyna made a banner that would partially match the Avatar but have a more elfish touch. The result was this:

Now, have a look at the grumpy Minaitharn when he is in a very bad mood.
Also, it appropriately have ensured that Bah!!! is Trademarked.
Ashnari Doomsong
The Riddler

#76 Post by Ashnari Doomsong »

Comrade Burning Sun, report to the local SMERSH office for your interrogation. The avatars cache seems to have malfunctioned, and we are holding you directly responsible for the sabotage that is the only possible cause.

Oh, and my new avatar is a KGB logo for reasons that might or might not be obvious, much like the KGB itself.

Erileen Swordweaver

#77 Post by Erileen Swordweaver »

I didn't steel my avatar from an enemy forum...... 8-[
[url=http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/A.me]CMON Gallery[/url]
[color=#000000]If anyone's interested in my miniature commission work, just send me a PM.[/color]
lathian

#78 Post by lathian »

We have enemies?
As far as I know, there are only two things that deserve the fear of humanity. Uncertainty, and certainty. The fear of what is certain, one can come to terms with, while the uncertain, one cannot. I seek knowledge because I am a coward.
[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Lathian/Lathiansig-1-2.png[/img]
Ramesesis

#79 Post by Ramesesis »

*Puts on big Inquisitior hat and use a mancatcher to trap Lathian

For every enemy without, there are a thousand within!
Burning Sun
Fire and Faith

#80 Post by Burning Sun »

Ashnari Doomsong wrote:Comrade Burning Sun, report to the local SMERSH office for your interrogation. The avatars cache seems to have malfunctioned, and we are holding you directly responsible for the sabotage that is the only possible cause.
Oh, I was going to actively de-activate that URL wasn't I? Lets go do that now.

Running a script to display that many avatars does hell to the server, as I discovered. I've removed the script, it don't work.
[size=90]Ex-Loremaster, despite what some of the profile may say, I can't edit it any more. Contact one of the others for issues.

Whaia e koe ki te iti kahurangi; ki te tuohu koe, me maunga teitei - Maori Proverb
(Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain)[/size]
darkprincess

#81 Post by darkprincess »

Well I've only ever had one avatar, on all the forums that I use. Yes, it's me, but a very old pic that was taken back in the late 1980s. The sorceress costume was hired from a fancy dress shop in Cardiff. The crystal ball is a glass paperweight on an improvised stand, and the picture was taken by a professional photographer who just happens to be my mum's bf.
[color=violet]The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult of Pleasure[/color]

[i]"Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nightmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever"[/i]
AutumnRising

#82 Post by AutumnRising »

Well, mine consists of three pheasant...mostly because I rather like everything about shooting the birds.

The atmosphere, the sport, the banter, the 12 bore O&U I use (it's a phillistine's gun, but I like the weight of an O&U more than a S-by-S), the taste of pheasant pan-fried, grilled or, especially, pheasant and chestnut soup.

No better sport.
Wood Elves, [i]Host of Autumn's Rising[/i]
[i]Beneath the flower lie the thorns[/i]. Last game: [i]massacre[/i] of Lizardmen

High Elves, [i]Gatekeepers of Calith[/i]
15W-1D-4L
[i]Loose your heart of its mortal dream[/i]. Last game: [i]solid loss[/i] to Lizardmen

House Cawdor, [i]Illegitimi non Carborundum[/i]
1W-0D-1L
[i]Te futueo et equum tuum[/i]. Last game: [i]loss[/i] to Ratskins
Cenyu

#83 Post by Cenyu »

darkprincess wrote:Well I've only ever had one avatar, on all the forums that I use. Yes, it's me, but a very old pic that was taken back in the late 1980s. The sorceress costume was hired from a fancy dress shop in Cardiff. The crystal ball is a glass paperweight on an improvised stand, and the picture was taken by a professional photographer who just happens to be my mum's bf.
Wow, I honestly never noticed that you are holding a crystal ball in this picture... I always thought you were making some kind of "Excellent" gesture with your fingers. :D
[i][size=75]Narza Scornsong - 14/13/9
Swordsaint of the Thalukhaindar[/i][/size]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/khaindar3x47g.gif[/img]
FVC

#84 Post by FVC »

Six day necromancer!

Someone needs to put you Zelda fans in your place.

So that's the story behind my current avatar.

Anyway, I like to try to never use the same avatar on two different boards, so I guess now I'll talk about my other avatars.

This is my avatar on the Round Table of Bretonnia:

It is from the A Game of Thrones card game. In theory, it is supposed to be Renly Baratheon. That said, I think it looks nothing like Renly. However, it does look like a Bretonnian lord. You can see the full picture here. I think I like it because he's not doing anything stereotypically knightly or heroic, just sitting there with a 'what on Earth are you guys on about?' look.

And this is my avatar on Bugman's Brewery:

Yes, it's genderbended Loki from the Thor comic book. I like it because Thor is so very much everything the dwarfs stand for, and I thought the new Loki was very cool.
Loki17

#85 Post by Loki17 »

AutumnRising wrote:Well, mine consists of three pheasant...mostly because I rather like everything about shooting the birds.

The atmosphere, the sport, the banter, the 12 bore O&U I use (it's a phillistine's gun, but I like the weight of an O&U more than a S-by-S), the taste of pheasant pan-fried, grilled or, especially, pheasant and chestnut soup.

No better sport.
Bah. 16 gauge Pump is the way to go. Single barrel means that the shot goes to the exact same place (mostly) every time. However, the only way I've come close to getting a pheasant lately is trying to hit them with my truck when they cross the road. I never seem to see them while hunting.
[quote="Prince_Asuryan"]What if I want someone with the body of a ten year old boy[/quote]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31971&hilit]DING DONG THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAAAAD![/url]
Toran

#86 Post by Toran »

SAMURAI JACK
What a hero
No plan survives contact with the enemy
Aryel

#87 Post by Aryel »

It's the octopus (aka giant squid of doom), he tried to take our berrywine, but the brave Lethalis prevented it.
I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say "snuggle 'em all!"
Lethalis

#88 Post by Lethalis »

People say mine is from warcraft or something. I still have no clue, but I like it - it's a dragon, and it moves.

Epic.
[size=184]السلام عليكم[/size]
Loki17

#89 Post by Loki17 »

It looks like its from the PC game Lords of Magic.
[quote="Prince_Asuryan"]What if I want someone with the body of a ten year old boy[/quote]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31971&hilit]DING DONG THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAAAAD![/url]
Rustoof

#90 Post by Rustoof »

because higgins is the shit
Totally completely a pimp