The origins of your forum avatar

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Tengal Krakenbane

#91 Post by Tengal Krakenbane »

Originally a piece of Dark Eldar Codex art, Mel' asked me to link it to her, so that she could work some 'shop magic on it. My avvy ever since being the result. :) I really like it, it's malicious and Tengy-like.
~
AutumnRising

#92 Post by AutumnRising »

Loki17 wrote: Bah. 16 gauge Pump is the way to go. Single barrel means that the shot goes to the exact same place (mostly) every time. However, the only way I've come close to getting a pheasant lately is trying to hit them with my truck when they cross the road. I never seem to see them while hunting.
Pump actions are cheating! ;-) Besides, I think if I tried to use one over here I'd probbaly get shot myself.

Sadly they're out of season at the moment, so I can't go after the damn things...I'm counting down the days until the shoots open though.
Wood Elves, [i]Host of Autumn's Rising[/i]
[i]Beneath the flower lie the thorns[/i]. Last game: [i]massacre[/i] of Lizardmen

High Elves, [i]Gatekeepers of Calith[/i]
15W-1D-4L
[i]Loose your heart of its mortal dream[/i]. Last game: [i]solid loss[/i] to Lizardmen

House Cawdor, [i]Illegitimi non Carborundum[/i]
1W-0D-1L
[i]Te futueo et equum tuum[/i]. Last game: [i]loss[/i] to Ratskins
Madeline Merri

Re: The origins of your forum avatar

#93 Post by Madeline Merri »

C'est Moi!

For the longest time I always had a hard time coming to terms with posting personal pictures on the internet. It's strange when I look back at all the avatars that I've had over the years, they kind of chronicled the journey that I started to take over the past long while. Now that I've finally discovered who I am, essentially, I feel comfortable enough to do this. The more that I talked to people in similar predicaments, the more I realize that the internet is a good thing to help build your outward persona.

Image circa 1998-2001

When I first signed up Madeline Merri - she was this young, naive-or-ditzy girl from Sylvania, looking to make her way in the Imperial Life. A lot of my first avatars exemplified that, what with the wide, genuinely clueless smiles, the perky demeanor and attitude. I used to change them close to daily - and this is the only one that remains really - exemplified by my ancient love for art which was tossed by the wayside like so many other of my 'passions'.

Image Image circa 2001-2003

There were more than a few concepts going around in my head. They mirrored what was going on in my own life. Madeline became a creature of horror and gore. She sought material gain, lust of the flesh, and the warmth of spilled blood. Not saying that I went around like that - but I lived a life that I may not regret, but one that I certainly wish I would have taken much more seriously. I started my career as a musician at this point - in the end of that stretch, it was the only thing that remained, and I will be forever thankful that I suffered to get there.

Image circa 2003-2009

This is the last piece I had as my avatar - and possibly my longest-serving one, if memory serves me correctly. It kinda reminds me of everything up till then. I use it on a lot of my message boards even now. A lot of people say that cutting your hair symbolizes a great change. I couldn't go through with that. My hair was with me through the entire trip - I couldn't just cut that away and abandon my roots, figuratively and literally. So when I put the dreadlocks in, it just seemed fitting to shift the avatar a little bit, pay an homage to my own journey.
[i]"So long honeybabe, where I'm bound, I can't tell. Goodbye's too good a word, babe, so I'll just say 'fare thee well'."[/i]
[b]Recent Joys:[/b] MMA Record: 7-5-1 (Retired) Finished a West-Coast tour as a bass player for several acts.