I'm ba-aack!

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

The Ogrob Returns

I'm ba-aack!

#1 Post by The Ogrob Returns »

Figured I'd make my return official. Was a long time ago I posted on this site. So for all you younglings out there, who am I?

I am the original Wolf Rider of Ulthuan I am!

I am the scourge of the role play forum, guardian of all that is short, hairy and/or ugly in this world (except Skaven).

I'm the keeper of the sacred Battleaxe, and the... I'm just making this up as I go along. Well, I did have the Wolf Rider title at one point. I might even have been a moderator, or that might have been another forum. Can't remember.

I joined Ulthuan.com in, oh some time 99 or 00, don't remember exactly. I might have, in a moment of temporary insanity, been interested in high elves, but I quickly got better, and have since played greenskins, empire and dwarves. Next stop is War of the Ring, and the Rohirrim.

So, yes, I'm back. Tremble ye mortals and all that.
We must not remind them that [b]giants[/b] walk the earth.
EricJ

#2 Post by EricJ »

I remember you like it was yesterday. I met you in The Dancing Dragon, that club in Östersund some 7-8 years ago. You were a tall bloke, carrying a double-edged battle-axe (!!!) around the room.

Is DD still around, or have that motley crew Brutna Bilden assimilated them? Are you still in Östersund, for that matter?
[i]"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."[/i]
- [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvBQyRTJD8]Barack Obama[/url]
The Ogrob Returns

#3 Post by The Ogrob Returns »

I think the answer to all of the above is no.

The main gaming club in Östersund is now Styx the DD is long gone. The battle-axe is also sadly deceased.

I'm currently in Gothenburg, at the university. Spent some time in Stockholm riding horses and guarding royal palaces and all that.

Must've been '03 we met? The last Drakon iirc.
EricJ

#4 Post by EricJ »

2003 sounds about right. I think I spent most of that convention role-playing, hanging around some cute girl trying to teach me the Harry Potter CCG, odd-looking RPGs and whatnot.

Man, I had such a crush on that girl. If only I could remember her name. Or what she looked like. Or anything else at all, really.

Now, look at what you've done! Pandoras box of memories has been opened!
[i]"I am a big believer in technology and I’m a big believer in openness when it comes to the flow of information. I think that the more freely information flows, the stronger the society becomes, because then citizens of countries around the world can hold their own governments accountable."[/i]
- [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvBQyRTJD8]Barack Obama[/url]
Raukov

Re: I'm ba-aack!

#5 Post by Raukov »

The Ogrob Returns wrote:I might have, in a moment of temporary insanity, been interested in high elves, but I quickly got better, and have since played greenskins, empire and dwarves. Next stop is War of the Ring, and the Rohirrim.
The same shameful thing happened to a lot of us. Well, no, it happened to some of us - I think most of the inmates of this pointy-eared asylum will tragically never recover.

So '99? That's pretty serious veterance, how long have you been gone? I think you must have left before I even found the place.

War of the Ring is going to be sweet. Are you already a LotR player, or are you starting up for WoR?
[size=75][b]Azreghai Wormkin, Ghöl of the North, Eater of the Dead, Plague-Wight of Onogal[/b]

30/4/5 : 387 kills

[i]Maggot Fetus, rapture of the conqueror worm,
Blackest Venom, the ghost in the carcass womb
Teeth like thorns, carrier of plague and filth
Spine crawler, plague-bearing virus-child[/size][/i]
The Ogrob Returns

#6 Post by The Ogrob Returns »

Old account was just Ogrob, had some posts in '06, but don't think I was really active after some time 04-05.

Never played LotR, but I had to start from scratch, and decided on WotR over WHFB. Deathstars and 6 steggies just don't appeal to me.
Elias Kalderon
Prince of Shades

#7 Post by Elias Kalderon »

Hey Ogrob, it is you! Good to see you. You're at the university now? What study? I finished my Master's last summer (psychology).

Welcome back anyway.
[size=75]I'll think of something[/size]
The Ogrob Returns

#8 Post by The Ogrob Returns »

Education, with social science and history for subjects.

Got four and a half years left...

Also, yes, it is me. My other account is not working for some reason, and I couldn't be arsed contacting the authorities.
Squeak
The Anarcist

#9 Post by Squeak »

Ogrob, nice to see you! Or read you! Or something!
EricJ wrote:Now, look at what you've done! Pandoras box of memories has been opened!
+1
Somebody close it! The nostalgia! I feel old.
[size=85][i]"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side"[/i][/size]
The Ogrob Returns

#10 Post by The Ogrob Returns »

Do I get to add "Bringer of Nostalgia" to my list of titles now?
Lethalis

#11 Post by Lethalis »

Who are you?
[size=184]السلام عليكم[/size]
nawker

#12 Post by nawker »

It depends, who exactly is asking ?

hm, long time no see, I think I still got you on msn.
Nostalgia, now that you speak of it, I realise I haven't roleplayed or even played warhammer in years...
Celine Dion, root of all evil.
Lethalis

#13 Post by Lethalis »

joran wrote:It depends, who exactly is asking ?
Me, of course.
[size=184]السلام عليكم[/size]
Amon Chakai

#14 Post by Amon Chakai »

Ogrob, welcome back. Haven't seen you around for a while. What happened to the cool ogre avatar?
[img]http://www.geocities.com/impossiblefortress/gallery_files/sig3.jpg[/img]
The Ogrob Returns

#15 Post by The Ogrob Returns »

Ogre avatar? You mean the black and white wierd face one?