Like A Boot From A Clear Sky

Anything worth sharing with us but not gaming related goes in here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karak Norn Clansman

Like A Boot From A Clear Sky

#1 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Today I was kicked in the head by a flying boot. Was out tossing a tennis ball to my stepsiblings, aged 10 and 12. One of them was up on a small “earth cellar” hill, tossing the ball to her big brother down on the ground, who had a baseball bat. I fetched the ball for them.

I was walking away from the small hill, when I heard the girl yell something. I turned around, and was suddenly hit in the face by her boot. The shoe was loose on her foot, and when she dangled her legs about out of eagerness, it suddenly dislodged itself and flew through the air. It struck with surprising force and sent me knocked to the ground, glasses flying. No lense damage. All an innocent accident, but damn funny.

Tomorrow I’ll have to see if the optician can bend back the spectacle frame properly. If people wonder why I have a big bruise on my right cheek, I’m split over joking that an angel flew down and kicked me in the head, or say that a drone lost battery and fell down. :P

Random event of the day documented. Do you have any fun little everyday stories to share? Please do so here if you like!
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Like A Boot From A Clear Sky

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

In the novel 'Hogfather', Arnold Sideways the beggar has a pole with a boot on the end which he uses to kick troublemakers in the head.
Terry Pratchett wrote:He was deadly with it.
Much like your stepsister!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Like A Boot From A Clear Sky

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

haha, that's a great story. She's got a good aim. That's the danger of stepsiblings... ;)

My story where I definitely need something more exiting than reality is the scar I have on my right leg. It runs from my heel to 3/4 of the way up my calf. What actually happened was that I ruptured my achillese tendon, which needed to be surgically stuck back together. I ruptured it when doing sports with my 5 year old and I tried to jump as high as possible. Which feels kind of lame for a scar that size...

I'll have to come up with something more exiting. Like protection an old lady from a mugger with a knife while helping her puppy across the street or something like that.
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.